[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aphex twin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.png (26KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
26KB, 800x800px
I think this album is really cool. What else should I listen to?
>>
The Richard D James Album
>>
>>69323799
I do like that album too. Anything other than aphex twin? (Even a different genre)
>>
there's some stuff on Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza – Eroina that is pretty similar sounding to this EP
>>
>>69323859
The Tuss - Rushup Edge
>>
>>69323715
Did anyone else besides me buy the cd of this and intentionally stuck the wrapping sticker onto the front exactly like this pic?
>>
>>69324065
I didn't think about it. I like the all black cover though.
>>
>tfw listening to Cheetah EP regularly for three months now

Maybe the hype didn't get to me, but it's such a nice album to listen to.
>>
>>69323972
What country and year is that from?
>>
>>69323715

Where's the pt.1?
>>
>>69324198
Absolutely, cheetah is fucking great. First four tracks are either fun or chill.

>>69324213
Drukqs used CCAI as well, and is thought of as pt 1.
>>
>>69324213
>artist releases pt2
>no pt1
AngrySpongeBob.jpg
>>
>>69324198
Cheetah is a fun listen. I like the unpredictability of ccai though.
>>
>>69324202
italian, recorded in 71 but not released until 2011. there's a few tracks that are just cool piano and drums tho that I think would be worth listening to
>>
>>69324375
Interesting. Thank you.
>>
>>69324060
Tight. Thanks.
>>
>>69323715

Hello OP, glad you liked that record! It's a fun, short one.

If you like that record, then you should also listen to DrukQs. About half the tracks on DrukQs are composed of acoustic/acoustic-sounding elements, just like CCAI. The other half of the album is RDJ's signature acid techno, with some dark ambient pieces as well.

Despite having an album's worth of track selections, CCAI is technically an EP, and not a full-blown album. Actually, the EP is RDJ's release format of choice, and he's put out dozens over the years - maybe about 25 minutes of music at a crack - four tracks here (Donkey Rhubarb), six tracks there (the two Ventolin EPs), etc.

RDJ's recent output, for example, doesn't match the /incredibly/ prolific period of 1991-96 (he seriously put out like 40-100 records during this era, depending on how you want to count), but it shows him releasing stuff in a comparable pattern - an album or two (Syro, the Caustic Window bootleg with his blessing IIRC), and a bunch of EPs/singles (ODS06-08, Marchromt-etc, Cheetah, CCAI...)
>>
>>69324661
he duped you, that's secretly also aphex twin!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.