[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you think of close to the edge by yes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: front.jpg (350KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
350KB, 600x600px
what do you think of close to the edge by yes
>>
thoughts
>>
>>69314408
It is literally and unequivocally the best album ever made in the history of humankind.
>>
>>69314408
Very over the top and masturbatory but unlike many prog albums it has very good songwriting
>>
File: my friend.png (59KB, 203x255px) Image search: [Google]
my friend.png
59KB, 203x255px
yes
>>
>>69314408
I GET UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP
>>
easily one of the greatest albums ever made
>>
Best prog album ever. I hold the unpopular opinion of Siberian Khatru being my favorite track.
>>
>>69314948
This

Also those blaring organ chords about 12 minutes into the first track... scariest thing I've ever heard in music. Fills me with this unexplainable feeling of dread every time
>>
It's kind of boring
>>
great album, but I enjoy "fragile" more
>>
I've never really heard anything else that's as thoughtfully created and has a much of a direct emotional impact as that record. Every moment is a gift and provokes a direct emotional response in me. The more I listen to it the more beautiful it becomes for me. And You and I is the sweetest song I've ever heard in my life. The melody stays with you for ten minutes and passes through seasons, starting out sounding really springlike and going through passages of limitless beauty and then sounding more seasoned, and there's always this sense that you've gained more as the song progresses. When the track ends it somehow manages to sound incredibly sweet while still evoking a sense of impending doom. I also think the fact that this track follows up the intense, overwhelming beauty of the title track gives this record a more natural and organic feeling and depicts a sense of moving though life and things that occurred in your existence getting further into the past rather than always progressing towards going out with some kind of bang. I think it's interesting that this record in a way turned Yes's discography into a band battling against their best work. On this record it felt like they spent every last bit of creative energy on it, directly afterwards it's like this record became their enemy in a way despite it being their highest contribution to art and essentially what the genre was going for overall.
>>
>>69314408
it's Pink Floyd but actually fun and entertaining
>>
>>69316631
>scariest thing I've ever heard in music
boy oh boy can't wait until you find out about the baroque period
>>
Great album
>>
>>69317041
Really wish I knew all the memes
>>
>>69317586
Shut the fuck up faggot it's all about how loud the organ is mixed on the record
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.