[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wat do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: cdd.jpg (64KB, 680x452px) Image search: [Google]
cdd.jpg
64KB, 680x452px
>popular music sites only circlejerk radio hits and nothing else
>/mu/ only circlejerks pitchfork and rym hits and nothing else
>there is nowhere on earth that actually discusses niche and obscure music
>there is nowhere on earth that discusses those pleb tier but not top 40 cancer genres of music
>I have no musical home
>I have nowhere to find the music I like for the reasons I like it, which I can only rarely stumble upon by accident because 99% of all recommendations are shit
Wat do moo?
>>
end life i guess
>>
>>69311130
LEAVE.
>>
>>69311136
Can't do it

>>69311141
To where?
>>
Frankie M

live again
>>
General threads my man. The only worthwhile musical discussion on /mu/ is in genre general threads.
>>
>>69311160
to Reddit
>>
>>69311341
There's no general for things like songs that use particular synth pad presets, or follow certain note sequences and rhythms.

>>69311378
Oh boy, wonder what 21 pilots are up to
>>
>>69311424
>There's no general for things like songs that use particular synth pad presets, or follow certain note sequences and rhythms.
/bleep/? /prod/?
>>
>>69311428
I thought /bleep/ was for stuff like Aphex Twin or Venetian Snares and /prod/ was for actual musicians to discuss their music.
>>
>>69311130
I'll have a conversation with you OP
>>
>>69311471
What about?
>>
>>69311462
I don't even know what you fully mean by what you suggested, I was just giving general suggestions based on what you said. What genres are you into?
>>
File: 7nhd3Z5.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
7nhd3Z5.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>69311130
Well, first off you can talk shit somewhere else cause if you talk shit again i'll kick you right in the pussy.
>>
>>69311489
Anything you want, you're the OP
>>
>>69311506
Here's a few:
Ambient Techno
Industrial New Wave
Pastel Lounge
Dance Pop Swing
Whatever the Manhunt OST is, fuck me, I've tried hard to find music like it.
Traditional J-Electronic Pop
Deep Daycore
Mallsoft

But I find that I don't like music based on what genre it is classified as, but rather how the particular artist sounds. For instance, I only like Marilyn Manson and KMFDM ok, but I love Dead When I Found Her. Or I might just like most ambient, but deeply adore The Ways of Yore.
>>
>>69311625
Why don't you just find the particular element of a song you like and start threads about that particular element and music that also has it?
>>
>>69311520
Exmilitary only good DG album
In the Flowers only good AnCo song
Grimes a shit, Lorde is Life
Muse > Radiohead
/mu/ only listens to depressing, downbeat music

:^)
>>
>>69311663
Already tried, hence my posting this thread and my depressed dejection. I've tried for years, but /mu/ and I are just on completely different wavelengths.
>>
>>69311693
>Correct
>Correct
>Partially correct, both are shit
>Both are ass
>Correct

You got lucky this time.
>>
>>69311708
have you tried making the threads fairly open-ended and starting them off in an agronising manner?

actually, copy-paste a OP you have made ITT so we can judge it
>>
>>69311625
Sounds like you like electronic. /bleep/ is more for dance music, so that's probably not your thing. Idk, try making an electronic general, who knows, that might lead to something cool.
>>
>>69311625
Alright I'll bite. You said you liked KMFDM and Dead When I Found Her have you tried much electro-industrial or EBM? Like Assemblage 23, Grendel, Haujobb, God Mod, Front Line Assembly, Front 242, Wumpscut, etc.?
>>
>>69311782
I can just link one, even better.
>>69310842

>>69311815
Eh, it might be, I'll give it a shot.
>>
File: hr_giger_elp_xi.jpg (254KB, 1200x1191px) Image search: [Google]
hr_giger_elp_xi.jpg
254KB, 1200x1191px
>>69311905
Not a bit, but I will now. Thanks!
>>
>>69311907
You unironically like sax in dance songs? I hate that shit. I was gonna make a post in that thread the first time I saw it about how cancer that kind of sax is, but I didn't want pleb up the board even more. You do mean like that eurotrash rave music with sax? Eww. I can't actually tell what type of music you're talking about because you do such a bad job of defining it, I'm just assuming because of the image you used
>>
>>69312030
pretty sure the dude is new to music and just doesn't know how to organize his taste yet, we've all been there.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
>>69311905
Assemblage 23 and Haujob were really great, actually. That's the kind of stuff I always hoped to find on /mu/, but all the threads about artists like Jeff Mangum and Thom Yorke made me never feel like bringing up the stuff I really liked would be ok.
>>
>>69312030
Yep, I unironically do. As I said in my OP here, I also like pleb tier music styles that aren't top 40 tier. Brass and dance combined are sexual perfection imo. That being said, my actual example was Handclap by Fitz and the Tantrums, not Run Away by Sunstroke Project (the song the epic sax guy meme came from). I just used ESG for effect.

>>69312042
I'm pretty great at categorizing based on genre, but usually despite sharing genres I rarely find anything within the same genres that's actually similar, so I tend to not use genres to identify what I'm looking for because the recs I get are just so not what I want most of the time.
>>
>>69312042
Yeah but that shit song he posted can go fuck itself though.

Also, OP maybe try use specific terms than "funky" and "dance beat". Those two words could mean anything. You could say "upbeat modern electronic pop music with lively sax in it" and youtube link the song because no one can be fucked searching for it.

>>69312050
I'm pretty sure I've seen them posted on /mu/ before, they just weren't in the threads about Jeff Yorke or Tom Magnum
>>
>>69312050
Then you should try Funker Vogt, Neurotech and maybe Eisenfunk.
>>
>>69312302
Meant Neuroticfish
>>
>>69311424
>There's no general for things like songs that use particular synth pad presets, or follow certain note sequences and rhythms.
Why would you want that
>>
>>69312302
>>69312337
Will do!

>>69312339
Because I'm very particular about my musical fetishes
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.