[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"It is the opinion of the entire staff that Dexter is criminally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: the-avalanches-wildflower.jpg (290KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
the-avalanches-wildflower.jpg
290KB, 2048x2048px
Why don't you guys like this one as much? Not trying to claim superiority or be contrarian. Just sincerely curious.

Avalanches thread, I guess.
>>
after the first four songs I turned it off in disgust that it is literally nothing more than them purchasing the rights to old songs and repackaging them as their own with just some average rapping over it or a few bleeps and boops

wow its literally fucking nothing
>>
>>69310340

>What is sampling
>>
the same reason we don't talk about mbv as much as loveless
>>
>>69310351
yeah I know what it is but that does not excuse this record

to each their own but you're literally not enjoying avalanches. you're enjoying a dozen musicians that they enjoyed.
>>
>>69310351
take the contrast between this and The Downward Spiral, which was made up mostly by samples. TDS used them creatively, mixed with them, whereas this just doesn't
>>
We Have Money: The Album
>>
It was ultimately the wrong approach bringing on all the guest artists and making the project more production oriented instead of sample based. I dont think they could have even done it like SILY though because they're even more in the public eye. They obviously didnt want another endless stream of lawsuits not to mention having to go in and remove/replace samples until theres a million of different versions out there. They deserved a nice payday I guess.
>>
>>69310318
ultimately it just wasn't as cohesive as SILY
>>
>>69310491
> instead of sample based.
wut the first four songs are pure sample. They literally just take two songs and remix them and call it original. Maybe they add some rapping on top but this album literally goes in the remix section.
>>
They focused more on guest appearances than creating a huge collage of samples like SILY and I feel the record suffered for it. I like it and think it has some great moments but tracks like Close to You and Extra Kings are way more interesting to me. But I can understand if they took this approach to avoid the legal headache of doing another 1000+ sample record.
>>
>>69310530
>They literally just take two songs and remix them
Thats what I mean. With SILY it always felt like there were a whirlwind of samples coming at you. With Wildflower you have tracks like Subways which has amazing sounds but they all sound like sidechained effects off of the original sample. The mix just ends up sounding less ambitious to me. I really liked the album though and I'm grateful they're still making music.
>>
>>69310647
>making music.
we'll agree to disagree
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.