[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you learn a new language so that you could enjoy more music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 63649-adieux-au-dancefloor.jpg (5KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
63649-adieux-au-dancefloor.jpg
5KB, 175x175px
Would you learn a new language so that you could enjoy more music?
>>
>>69303133
you know how long it takes to learn a new language? I don't. But I'm sure it takes a long time, top of my head ill say anywhere between one and seven years. that sounds right.
>>
I hardly pay attention to lyrics in English.
>>
fuck off I'm sick of you naive gullible overly falsely brave kikes kill yourself get gassed you stupid jew death is coming soon don't even prepare
>>
>>69303164
9 months and you can learn the basic grammer. After that it's vocab and fleuncy for quite a long time, few years maybe
>>
>>69303133
might try the whole Russian mail-order-bride thing or at least go there and fuck a few. Hoping they speak some English though. What was the question?
>>
>>69303133
I'm fluent in English, Spanish, and German, but it doesn't stir me away from music I heard i was shit in the latter two. I still like 99 Luftballons for what it is.

Marie Davidson is sick and Essaie Pas' debut is my AOTY. Good taste OP.
>>
>>69303569
It never works, they only want your money and passport. I could tell you some stories

THAT'S WHAT I WANT
>>
>>69303133
I might try learning Japanese or Norweigan one day just for the obvious reasons but first I really should learn Spanish due to the practicality of it.

(I've never met a Jap or a Nord but burgerland has Hispanics everywhere.)
>>
Learning one for that sole purpose would be silly and probably not enough motivation but then I learned nip for otaku trash so autism shouldn't be underestimated
>>
I wish I knew French so I could understand Peste Noire's lyrics, but it's hard enough to understand English black metal vocals so I don't give a shit.
>>
>>69303133
still need to check this out
>>
>>69303133
That's actually pretty much how I learnt English. And portuguese.
>>
>>69303186
this. true patricians care about the music not the lyrics
>>
you can learn a language in one year if you actually try. Maybe not 100% fluent but you'll have enough understanding to communicate
>>
>>69303701
everyone in Norway speaks English fluently.. They're low-key stuck-up and tend to dislike Americunts though, but will be kind to your face. So there's that.
>>
>>69304152
true patricians lost their hearing decades before grasping the true beauty of music. the last step into patricianhood is willingly giving up your eyesight as well and surrendering your fragile ephimerous body to the free-vibrating symphony that is timespace and the Creator
>>
>>69303133
I prefer music over lyrics. So I love a lot of stuff that's in languages I don't speak (I only know English). Now that said, I love satire and political lyrics that are clever so it does bum me out that I can't understand some lyricists but usually their music is still good anyway and I can listen to English artists when I want those needs met.

For me, I find the worst music for not being able to understand the lyrics tends to be South American music but they still have some good music.
>>
>>69303949
Yeah I'm sure that would be better than reading CĂ©line
>>
>>69303133
dope taste man

i know jap but still don't care about jap lyrics
>>
>>69303133
Not knowing the language of the music you're listening to can sometimes leave you blissfully ignorant if the lyrics are off or don't fit at all. Sometimes it's just nice to listen to how other languages flow as well, just listen to the sounds not the definitions given to them, it's almost like another layer on the music.
>>
>>69303893
hell be fine
>>
>>69303893
What's up, doc?
>>
>>69304452
I tend to agree. And also the emotion still comes through. English is rubbish for lyrics
>>
>>69303609
>nd Essaie Pas
It's not as good as pic related,
>>
File: 1421642610237.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1421642610237.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>69304243
>>
File: post.jpg (53KB, 1027x633px) Image search: [Google]
post.jpg
53KB, 1027x633px
>>69303133
enjoying more music is a plus, but definitely not the strongest motivation you could have.
and when learning a new language you need tons of motivation.
>>
>>69303133
Aoty btw
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.