[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just when you thought the RYM top 100 couldn't get any worse.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (80KB, 715x178px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
80KB, 715x178px
Just when you thought the RYM top 100 couldn't get any worse.
>>
Yeah wtf michigan is much better
>>
>>69302334
Another comment like that out of you and I'm going to throw up in my mouth
>>
Deserved. Beautiful album
>>
>>69302428
>Deserved
In the sense that it shares company with Master of Puppets, Ágætis byrjun and Led Zeppelin IV? Sure

In the sense that it's actually a good album? See also; throwing up in my mouth
>>
>>69302428
this is correct
>>
>>69302452
What makes it not a good album?
>>
>>69302317
bet youre so patrician haha yeah buddy

stick to bandcamp and vaporwave
>>
>>69302520
It's all sentimentality and no sentiment. For all its contrived and arbitrary whimsy nothing about it is genuine or honest. It's an exercise in superficiality and emotional dishonesty. All that instrumentation is just distracting from the fact that it's underwritten and half-baked. The arrangements aren't even that good.
>>
Just when you thought the RYM top 100 couldn't get any better
>>
>>69302573

>It's all sentimentality and no sentiment. For all its contrived and arbitrary whimsy nothing about it is genuine or honest. It's an exercise in superficiality and emotional dishonesty

I'm sorry but do you know Sufjan Stevens personally, and did he explain to you all of this?

Because if you don't/didn't I'm not sure how you could make this claim and expect people to take you seriously.
>>
>>69302754
I know this by listening to it. If it rings hollow it rings hollow. Don't reach any further, Anon, I don't want you to dislocate a shoulder.
>>
>>69302317
Nah it's a great album

The worse thing is that MBDTF might get into top 100 soon
>>
>>69302787

Why should I trust you, a random anon on /mu/, over literally anyone else (especially myself)?
>>
>>69302855
MBDTF is better and it's not even very good.

Illinois is seriously the worst album on that list.

>>69302877
Is that your go to response any time anyone offers up an opinion you disagree with? Do you just load that into the chamber before you go into any thread?

Seriously, what's with the reaching? I could tolerate your awful taste in music if you didn't fucking try so hard.
>>
>>69302452
The shittiest of taste
>>
>>69302933
what's with the anger lololol
>>
>>69302933

you need to take a chill pill

why do you care about other people's taste in music? why does it trigger you so much? how does it affect you?

>reaching

explain to me why I should just believe what you say when there are hundreds of critics who can actually explain why or why not they think the album is bad/good without having a tantrum.
>>
>>69302989
Stay on topic, now.
>>
>>69302573
>>69302787
Buddy, he is constantly talking about god, spirituality and personal relationships that have caused him pain, whilst simultaneously tying up the history of a whole state into a whole album. All this and he still keeps up the beautifully chaotic instrumentation, which is sometimes incredibly dense or incredibly subtle.

All I'm saying is I'm pretty sure you're either missing something about the album, you are retarded, or you haven't listened to it (enough), because it's 10/10.
>>
>>69302998
You shouldn't "believe what I say". You should explain why you like it or respond to my points with your own opinions. Have you seriously never had a conversation before?

See this guy right here; >>69303014

See how he's actually talking like a human being and not trying to open up tangents about "anger" or demanding that I qualify my opinions?

Do that.
>>
>>69302573
What do you mean by underwritten and half-baked? Those criticisms can't just be dropped and expected to be accepted by virtue of your claiming their existence. D'you have any particular examples, especially of the absence of writing being masked by faux-sentimentality?

Gut feeling is not a strong or quantifiable enough measure to make claims about quality.
>>
>worst album in the top 100
>anything other than Lift Yr Skinny Fists

Get real.
>>
>>69303218
I'll admit that narrowing it down to just Illinois is tough, there are a lot of wonderful contenders on that shitshow of a list.
>>
RYM is a cancerous website
>>
>>69302317
illinoise, swans and michigan is tied for me
>>
>>69304604
Still the best site for cataloging rating and discovering music on the internet
>>
>>69302787
you're saying of yourself that you're a superficial and uncritical listener, why shouldn't he call you out on that?
>>
File: what u cookin.png (537KB, 644x456px) Image search: [Google]
what u cookin.png
537KB, 644x456px
>liking a sufjan album that isn't age of adz
>>
>>69303218

>GY!BE
>bad

you emotionless faggot
>>
its at #104 though??
>>
File: 1477179135038.jpg (63KB, 540x840px) Image search: [Google]
1477179135038.jpg
63KB, 540x840px
>tfw /mu/ is shittalking some of my favorite artists itt
fug
>>
>>69306221
Get better taste
>>
Illinois is better than dsotm and ok computer faggot
>>
>>69306261
then help me get better taste fampai [^;
>>
>>69306741
They're all awful, choosing just one would be tough.
>>
What's the best album in the top 100 and why is it Black Saint and the Sinner Lady?
>>
>>69306960
The sad thing is you might be right. The best on the list is bloody Black Saint? Poor show
>>
>>69306960
because it is the best jazz album ever made, and the best album of art music on the list consequently
>>
I like Illinois even more knowing that it makes the avant-teens butthurt.
>>
The tragedy here is it's not NO. 1 :^)
>>
This might be the worst thread in history
>>
>>69307110
amen
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.