[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Next Day! /Bowie General/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Thoughts on The Next Day?

Also rate/rank/list your favorite Bowie albums!
Best live Bowie album?
30? 25? etc. Favorite Bowie songs?
>>
>>69300558
better than Blackstar
>>
>>69300558
I'm conflicted, Heathen and Black Star did this kinda thing a lot better.
>>
File: BowieFavs.jpg (944KB, 810x810px) Image search: [Google]
BowieFavs.jpg
944KB, 810x810px
>>69300558
Next Day was one of his weaker and softer albums but I didn't hate it.

Pic related is album rankings.

Favorite songs from each album (chronological order):
In The Heat of the Morning
Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud
Man Who Sold the World
OH! You Pretty Things
Rock N Roll Suicide
Aladdin Sane
Sweet Thing Medley
Fascination
Stay
Subterraneans
Secret Life of Arabia
Look Back in Anger
Teenage Wildlife
Criminal World
Don't Look Down
Time Will Crawl
Looking for Lester
Buddha of Suburbia
Strangers When We Meet
Dead Man Walking
New Angels of Promise
Sunday
Bring Me The Disco King
The Stars (are out Tonight)
Lazarus

I haven't heard any lives aside from A Reality Tour, which I liked.
>>
>>69300558
I liked it, but it's not one of his best. It's my least favorite out of the last few albums he released.
>>
>>69300558
"I'd Rather Be High" was awful. Also the cover art was ... interesting. I dunno The Next Day is good, but Lou Reed did this kinda thing better on Blue Mask.

Technically speaking, it's better than Reality, yet it lacks the big ideas on Heathen. It's just kinda there, with Black Star the ideas are much more bold and fascinating.
>>
File: image.jpg (304KB, 983x826px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304KB, 983x826px
>>69300558
That cover really does have some amazing meme potential. Heat and How Does The Grass Grow were fantastic; definitely took the back half of the album for it to pick up the serious pace.
>>
>>69300654
I'd say Reality Tour is his best live album, it just feels the most complete.
>>
>>69301983
What are his other live albums like? I got the DVD of Reality.
>>
>>69300558
If I had to pick his most bland, average & useless album, I'd pick Next Day over Pin-Ups.
>>
>>69302053
>Next Day over Pin-Ups.
TOO. FUCKING. FAR.
Know where to draw the line with insults, dude. You might as well just punch Bowie in the gut by saying that, christ...Nothing deserves that comparison.
>>
>>69302010
Okay Bowie CD live ranking? Let's do this
Favorites:
Reality Tour (GOAT version of China Girl)
Serious Moonlight EP
Ziggy Stardust Motion Picture
BBC 2000
Nassau Coliseum 76
Stage
Santa Monica 72
David Live
Bowie at the Beeb
VH1 Storytellers
Glass Spider
Oy Vey Baby
>>
>>69302271
Thanks for the rankings, I'll give the Serious Moonlight EP a listen sometime soon.

I didn't care for some of the songs I heard off Beeb because the more orchestral songs off of Space Oddity don't work in live form that well.
>>
It's one of his weakest albums overall, but still good. I really like the track 'Heat'. The Next Day is fun to listen to. If it has a weakness, it's probably that it doesn't really set out to do anything.
>>
>>69302130
>You might as well just punch Bowie in the gut by saying that

*punches a pile of ash*
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.