[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mu/ like skinheads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_neavb6ybdP1r9zrzgo1_1280.jpg (117KB, 815x538px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neavb6ybdP1r9zrzgo1_1280.jpg
117KB, 815x538px
Does /mu/ like skinheads?
>>
>>69299214
fuck no, and fuck cuckservatives
>>
Not really. I like to shave my head every few months and I kinda hate that probably a few people will think I'm some nazi moron because skinheads claimed the look.
>>
>>69299673
Not necessarily. Lots of people have shaven heads who have no affiliations with any subculture.
>>
>>69299214
Yes

I'm extremely racist and violent.
>>
>>69299910
Skinhead subculture started in Jamaica and the British West Indies with sugarcane harvesters and dock workers forming a youth movement around Reggae music originally called the Rude Boys. The music gained traction and slowly became identified with Trojan Records, a label which specialized in Skinhead Reggae (Claudette & the Corporation, Symarip, The Charmers and more). The subculture was imported with immigrants from there to the UK in the '60s, reaching a fever pitch in what many nostalgic skinheads call the Spirit of '69. The Rude Boys, combined with the emerging working class Hard Mod culture, forged the classic skinhead. Although predominantly white, the original skinheads were racially integrated with more than a fair showing of blacks in the group.

With the rising popularity of Punk Rock, skinhead subculture found a new identity as a working class group. People like Garry Bushell greatly pushed the street punk and "Oi!" image through his magazine The Sounds. In his own right, Bushell was strong an influence in marketing Punk's image as Malcolm McLaren was with the Sex Pistols. White skinheads started identifying with Punk in greater numbers, with their Ska and Reggae roots gradually being displaced. As this was happening, Pakistani immigrants started to become a much stronger presence in UK, and the skinheads, both black and white, came to deeply despise them.

Despite their racial integration, casual racism was common among skinheads, even the black ones. Skinheads regularly antagonized Pakistanis in Britain (see Paki bashing), so the precedent was already set for White Nationalism to take over. Add some Punk Rock nihilism with the decimation of the working class under Neoconservatism's growing influence in two of the major Anglo powers and, presto, you've got the perfect storm.
>>
>>69299993
Yes I hate black people and also Hispanics.
>>
I do, Spirit of 69 and Trojan put out some of the best music this country ever produced

Shame some yankee cunts did what they always do with stuff though and now it's forever associated over there with Nazism.
>>
The janitors aren't doing a very good job.
>>
>>69300025
kek
>>
>>69300067
To be fair, the National Front and the like started getting involved with skins over here well before it crossed over the pond. Mind you, other than having shaved heads and boots most of the Nazi skins in America don't have owt to do with proper skins.
>>
>>69300475
Yeah, well aware of that mate; point I'm making is that right-wing politics and being a skinhead aren't mutually exclusive here, whereas in America they seem to be.
>>
>>69299214
Yer
>>
>>69299993
Oh shit I've never heard this before.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.