[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into Can but I don't know what I should listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: I'm So Green.jpg (137KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
I'm So Green.jpg
137KB, 800x800px
I want to get into Can but I don't know what I should listen to first.
Which songs/albums are considered their best?
>>
>>69294372
Start with furure days then tago mago.
>>
>>69294386
Don't listen to him, start with Ege Bamyasi then go into Future Days and Tago Mago.
>>
>>69294733
Don't listen to him, start with Monster Movie then go into Soundtracks and Delay 1968
>>
>>69294753
Don't listen to him
Listen to Mother Sky
Then listen to Tago Mago
Then listen to Future Days
>>
>>69294386
>>69294733
>>69294753
>>69295566
don't listen to any of those guys, just listen to all of their songs playing at the same time
>>
>tfw love tago and bamyasi but cant get into future days
>>
>>69294372
Everything from Monster Movie to Soon Over Babaluma is great (and Delay 1968), the best are probably Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, and Future days.
>>
>>69295599
>>69295566
Don't listen to him, start with OK Computer then go into Kid A and Amnesiac
>>
>>69295605
That's because you're a giant fucking pleb

Bel Air is their masterpiece
>>
well, if you like more song oriented music start with ege bamyasi, if you would like to hear a more atmospheric work hear future days, if you like jamming hear tago mago.
>>
>>69296009
Dont listen to him start with vespertine then homogenic then post
>>
>>69296036
And if you like rock music listen to Monster Movie
>>
Don't listen to them, start with Spiderland and go to The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
>>
Don't listen to them, start with Faust and go to Trout Mask Replica
>>
>>69294372
listen to halleluwah. If you dont like it, then you probably wont like can
>>
I'd say Soundtrack is a good compromise for a start.

Oh, and "Thief", from Delay 1968, is an overlooked masterpiece. I have an old LP which even has an extra verse and different mix.
>>
Can is great for shagging to
>>
Don't listen to them, start with 16 hours of cowbell with a high hat every 10 minutes, then listen to field recordings of owls for about 43 minutes, 6 seconds, then listen to niggas on the moon
>>
>>69296033
wrong, Halleluhwah is their masterpiece and title track is best on FD
>>
Saw Delight is the patrician album
>>
>>69296595
>how to spot a reddit crossposter:the post
>>
>>69294372
Start with Monster Movie. Their peak ended with Soon Over Babaluma, so it's not so overwhelming a discography you can't just listen to it in order
>>
File: 1478300550792.png (61KB, 264x376px) Image search: [Google]
1478300550792.png
61KB, 264x376px
>>69294372
Don't waste your time; they're trash.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.