[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people like metal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 8011751.jpg (120KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
8011751.jpg
120KB, 960x720px
why do people like metal
>>
>>69293774
what is liking something?
>>
Becuase it's good
>>
Mostly because it's the most violent hateful music there is
>>
It's a safe, repeating genre.
You know what you get.
>>
>>69293803
Nah hate has little to do with it. Same thing can be seen with say synthwave or rap or jazz.
>>
Lmfao
>>
>>69293774
the same reason people like rap
they have bad taste
>>
>>69293819
Well for me it is

I'm talking about literal death cult satanic shit among other things

Assuck, Napalm Death etc are pretty fucking hateful but they're all sjw political shit
>>
>>69293774
I dunno, my dad was a metalhead and he just passed on his taste of music to me

I guess I like how it is distorted and aggressive while being melodic (sometimes) and painting a mood at the same time. I have always liked it and after acquiring taste for many other music types over my life, metal has stuck out as a thing I always come back to
>>
>>69293774
Because it's primal. It appeals to my monkey brain.
>>
>>69293774
Because it fucking slaps OP
https://youtu.be/HE9_2kzO-gM
>>
>>69293774
because people are edgy and they have to let you know they are edgy
thats how they start, you can get used to any genre and enjoy it after a while

its the same thing for white people that listen to rap or cigarettes
>>
>>69294864
kek, is this a meme son?
>>
interesting modality of expression
>>
Because I like how it sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KPqet74EI
>>
>>69294807
i dont like slaps i like boobs
>>
>>69293774
My guess (I could be wrong) is that most people are turned off by the 'rough vocals' (I think that's the term for it) and that's what draws them away from Metal.

>>69294864
I listen to Cigarettes all the time. One of my favorite bands.
>>
>>69294894
Same dood
>>
metal varies a lot more than other genres
as I get older I find myself listening to a lot more doom, sludge, industrial and gothic metal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: death-metal-comic.jpg (2MB, 1742x989px) Image search: [Google]
death-metal-comic.jpg
2MB, 1742x989px
:^)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjgmh5-MhQ4

how can you hate something like this?
>>
>>69293912
What's Rap? that aint a genre of music.
>>
Because Rap, hip hop, and pop lack literary analysis.
90% of the people who say negative shit about metal know nothing about the metal their bashing on.
>>
File: plato-allegory-of-the-cave.jpg (100KB, 900x508px) Image search: [Google]
plato-allegory-of-the-cave.jpg
100KB, 900x508px
>>69293774
>why do people like metal
Interesting question. The fact that this question is asked so much is a indicator that something beyond simple *musical preference* is at play here. To start, I will assume that by *metal* you are referring to metal that has rough, harsher vocals. We will designate this variation of metal to be called "extreme metal".

In comparison to extreme metal, metal that does not have harsh vocals is (hopefully) easy to understand and analyze why someone would like it. Many classic metal bands like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden had sounds that were essentially rock music paired with horror or fantasy influences, and took the sound of rock a little bit beyond what was considered musically coherant. This type of metal's appeal is understandable, even if one thinks said music is unappealing.

Extreme metal is not a style who's appeal is easily understandable. To an outsider, extreme metal just sounds like noise with ridiculous vocals. One may not see any immediate musical characteristics that one can relate to or enjoy. This is precisely what makes extreme metal different than *normal* metal. While *nornal* metal is often just a few musical leaps away from contemporarily and culturally acceptable music, extreme metal is numerous leaps away from what is in the mainstream. Think of how eastern music sounds so strange. That is due to the scales and pitches that areused by eastern musicians. Our ears are not used to it. Extreme metal plays to this, but usually deals with texture and rhythm, NOT exotic scales (although exotic scales are not rare in metal). This unique musical texture or *sound* that is extreme metal is something that goes beyond an average westerner's circle of enjoyable music. To combat this, an interested listener needs to listen to the historical music that ultimately birthed extreme metal, and to follow this timeline until he/she/other can appreciate modern extreme metal.
>>
File: Folder.png (2MB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.png
2MB, 1400x1400px
I like how it sounds.
>>
because it's probably one of the most diverse genre, there is a bit of everything for everyone
>>
>>69294864
>asked why metal is likable
>describes "metalheads"

kill yourself my man
>>
Personally I find that you can find a lot of very impressive technicality, which initially drew me into the genre. Every day I find another progressive/technical metal album which is unusual and fantastic.

Despite the stigma that it's all just chugging and screaming, there's a whole world of intricately composed metal.

I have since found myself loving the raw heaviness of the sound, the sheer force of rolling double bass drums, and throat shredding screaming. I couldn't stand harsh vocals when I started with Dream Theater and Queensryche, but then I went from Metallica to Slayer to Death and from there it was enjoyable.

There's also a ton of variety, from death to sludge to black and everything in between.

There are a lot more reasons, I'm sure you could ask
>why do people like x genre
and tons of answers for anything
>>
>>69293812
completely untrue
>>
Because its a genre I can go an inch-wide, mile-deep into. Good for listening when I'm feeling a certain way. I don't only listen to metal though, I like some alternative and psychedelic rock.
>>
File: Why people like metal.png (75KB, 991x376px) Image search: [Google]
Why people like metal.png
75KB, 991x376px
>>69295765
This actually explains it pretty well, it's rare to see someone give a genuine explanation to bait-tier posts like this. Capped.
>>
That's not Slurms McKenzie
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.