[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is the second record player thread, but after the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: _20161125_183838.jpg (82KB, 720x868px) Image search: [Google]
_20161125_183838.jpg
82KB, 720x868px
I know this is the second record player thread, but after the last thread I'm really concerned about record player quality. Is pic related good?
>>
You'll never know the difference.
>>
yes, it's one of the best
>>
>>69282812
No, absolutely not
>>
This "turntable" will literally destroy your records. Plus, why would you want to use built in speakers? If you want to get into playing records, get a decent turntable and a receiver. In the end it will cost less because this record player you posted is designed to easily break, thats why it is so cheap.
>>
>>69283089
This is what happened to my last one a few weeks ago, I'll invest in a real one. Any idea where quality players are sold?
>>
>>69283340
Buy a used one, ones from the 70s and 80s from brands like pioneer are your best bet.
>>
Delete this and do your own fucking research; this isn't a hobby you can be spoonfed the whole way through.
>>
http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/turntables/583f30b3a8662772/

This is the cheapest record player you can buy that will have good sound quality and wont fuck up your records.
>>
>>69283373
Look its a Tripfag being useless and annoying as usual. While the guy should do his own research and at least ask about something thats obviously total shit, a thread where people can share personal experience and advice on this topic, isn't "spoon feeding". I bet you go into favorite album threads to tell everyone there taste is shit and that they're not true "patricians" like you.
>>
>>69283419
Looks more like a DJ's one. Is that an issue?
>>
>>69283725
heard these are pretty good, thinking of getting one myself come pay day next week.
>>
>>69283769
>>69283725
forgot the link http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?info=turntables
>>
>>69283693
I don't, but vinyl isn't a casual hobby. There's a lot you need to know and you need to put in the time yourself and not rely on advice from people who probably only know a little bit more than them anyway.
I've been collecting for 5+ years, and I'd be more than happy to answer questions like how to set your counterweight and whatnot, but this is retardedly easy to find on your own.
If you need to ask if an obviously shitty record player is good, you aren't willing to put the time in for the hobby and you should give up on it.
>>
>>69284086
Special snowflake screaming Normies get out.
>When will this meme die
>>
>>69284086
people like you put others off collecting. it's clear OP wants to get into this hobby as it's something they're interested in.
>>
>>69284086
You honestly sound like a huge faggot.
It's a casual hobby, you don't need a fucking diploma to build a decent setup. Just a couple hundred bucks and 2 hours of looking into shit and anyone can be part of you "totally not casual hobby elite club"
>>
>>69283725

Not for a table at this price; no.

If you were to buy a very expensive turntable then you would want an audiophile one and not a DJ table. There's nothing wrong with them; but a lot of what you're spending your money on will go towards catering to the needs of a DJ and not a home listener.
>>
>>69284270
>people like you put others off collecting
Good.

>>69284294
>and 2 hours of looking into shit
That would be a nice start. Blows my fucking mind that people want to collect when they don't even know what a cartridge is.
Step 1 isn't making a 4chan thread.
>>
> All in one
> 50 bucks
> Good
Vinyl is not for you
>>
>>69284086
i'm with ya faggot, alot of people don't understand the research and work needed for this hobby. It's kinda crazy how obvious people from reddit are on here
>>
>>69282812
No that's pretty bad. The cheapest you can get that won't destroy your records is a Pro-Ject Elemental. Very barebones, but still works fine.
>>
>>69283725
No it doesn't "look like a DJ one", it just doesn't look like a crappy piece of urban outfitters color pallet plastic
>>
>>69285004

It's based off of the Technics SL-1200 you fucking retard.
>>
>>69285004
>Weight 10.7 kg (23.5 lbs.)
>pitch control
Yah it's a fucking DJ turntable.
>>
File: t92-angle-lg.jpg (60KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
t92-angle-lg.jpg
60KB, 800x536px
I bought one of these because everyone's favourite melon recommended it in a video. Since I was a toddler last time I had a record player in the house I have zero experience with the things, but I figured it out okay. But its not that cheap, so I wanted everything to be perfect and when I noticed the platter wobbled up and down just a little as it played I worried. I was aware that it could also be normal, so I asked the sellers and the manufacturers and they were literally no help. Stanton's UK distributors said they didn't know if it was normal cause they didn't have the exact model, but it seems like something just anyone who knows record players would know. Then internet forums freaked me out and I sent that fucker back for a refund. I realise now I should buy something like this in a physical shop so as to get proper support, and probably get a model that is more noob friendly than DJ. Can anyone shed any light on this situation?
>>
>>69285037
No, I'm saying that yeah of course a $50 turntable and a $200 turntable are going to look different, because the more expensive one is made from better components. OP asking if it should be an issue because it "looks like a DJ one" is just a downright stupid question to ask
>>
>>69285128
I'm not OP, but I was curious if a turntable clearly aimed at DJs was the best choice for someone who wants one for "home audiophilia" or whatever you'd call it.

Hence my question. Which was answered sensibly in >>69284395
>>
>>69285115
If you're steadfast on buying a new table, go for that again (probably a defect due to poor quality control), an LP-120 or a Pro-Ject debut carbon if you're willing to spend a little more.
Support your local shops if you have one in your area.
>>
>>r/vinyl
>>
What's that mad Australian one that uses magnets to suspend the turntable, and costs as much as a new car?
>>
>>69285205
Thank you!
>>
>>69285271
Also 'DJ' is a marketing buzzword that has nothing to do with how the table behaves, other than that they're usually direct-drive (as most decent new tables are) and have a low tracking force cartridge.
Both are conducive to good casual listening as well.
>>
>>69285462
I was really only thinking in terms of an automatic arm, since im a shaky boi and it scared me to put the needle down. But perhaps those turntables tend to be shit?
>>
>>69285540
Damn, it doesn't have a cueing lever?
I'm so used to mine I can't imagine not having one. I hate automatic because it's another thing that could go wrong, but that's preference really.
I'd personally get one with a cueing lever at least (pro-ject and LP120 both have one).
>>
File: img_0898sml.png (1MB, 795x844px) Image search: [Google]
img_0898sml.png
1MB, 795x844px
>>69285613
Very helpful <3 Thanks again.
>>
>>69285695
np dude, cheers
>>
File: Hitachi Ht-353.jpg (46KB, 628x512px) Image search: [Google]
Hitachi Ht-353.jpg
46KB, 628x512px
I currently use pic related. It works pretty great as far as I can tell, especially with my Yamaha amp. Before I got this Hitachi I had some sort of York soundsystem with a radio and a cassette deck built in. I got it used for fifty bucks and I got about a year out of it before the belt wore out completely. Overall the sound quality was good on that too.

I readily admit I'm no audiophile though and my hearing is pretty bad so I suppose I'm not really qualified to talk about granular differences in audio quality. It seems to me that as long as you get anything more than a USB turntable or anything made out of shitty plastic you should be alright.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.