[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw used to be really into alt rock, edm, emo, punk and other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: wojak.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>tfw used to be really into alt rock, edm, emo, punk and other /mu/core and stuff that delved into the obscure
>tfw i had a gradual epiphany/realization this week that most of this music is trash and is mostly just noise and catharsis for suburbanite gorged puppies who had to deal with the neurosis of living in an urbanized world
>tfw i realize that classical music and jazz is truly the most intellectually-soothing music

i just listened to a lot of bach, mozart and charles mingus today and it cleansed my soul
any other recommendations while I take a shitload of shrooms to feel like a kid again?
why do you listen to shit like bowie, king crimson, radiohead when theres so much more out there?
>>
i had sex last night
>>
>>69275230
>ITT: OP listens to entry level classical and jazz once.
also
>shrooms
Stop.
>>
>>69275273
>Bach
>Mozart
it may be popular, but it is truly the greatest of all time
>>
>>69275299
Of course you would think it's the greatest if it's all you have listened to.
>>
>>69275397
it's not. i have been raised on classical music and i am a composer.
>>
>>69275411
I thought you were OP.
What I mean is that most people only bother to listen to the most well-known composers and then stop.
While it's entry-level, I acknowledge they are good, yet not my favorites.
>>
>>69275446
who are your favourites? my favourites are not bach, mozart or beethoven. but they are the greatest.
>>
>>69275273
>>69275397
This

>>69275299
That's what people say about the Beatles and they are also incorrect
>>
>>69275490
Claudio Monteverdi, Louis Spohr, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, Johann Baptist Vanhal and Domenico Scarlatti are some of my favorites.
Which are yours?
>>
>>69275524
I particularly like Langgaard, Perotin, Wagner, Nielsen, Prokofiev, Monteverdi, Borg
>>
>>69275517
>That's what people say about the Beatles and they are also incorrect
that's what idiots and uninformed people say. actual composers and musicologists always point to bach's cantatas or mozarts clarinet concerto
>>
>>69275551
I see, I'm sorry I acted that way.
I am trying to understand why you think they are the greatest. Can you explain it to me?
>>
>>69275244
nailed it
>>
my personal favourites would be penis, penis, penis, penis

but i also like some of their contemporaries from this period, such as penis, penis, penis and penis
>>
>>69275599
compositionally and contrapunctally bach is the undisputed master. bach's music is unbelievably advanced, melodic lines placed with extreme precision.

mozart is simply perfect. i know it's a cliche, but his modulations and tonal cadences are seamless, he is the most ''beautiful'' composer.

beethoven was boundary pushing and innovative, his symphonies used instruments in innovative ways. his string quartets are of a special kind of complexity, and are very hard to play. he also plays with reccuring themes in different keys
>>
>>69275692
Thank you for the explanation.
>>
>>69275740
no problem, you don't have to like them, i simply think that objectively they are the greatest composers. you have good taste, by the way, great music
>>
>>69275230
>jazz
>intellectual
You're missing the point. Jazz is the most street music there is.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.