[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is SOAD the greatest rock band of the Millenial era(last 16 years)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: system-of-a-down-53dff3149ce3f.jpg (954KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
system-of-a-down-53dff3149ce3f.jpg
954KB, 1920x1080px
Is the best Nu-R
>>
>>69267296
Possibly. But still.
Daron Malakian is an underrated vocalist.
>>
>>69267296
I do like SOAD but nah, it's a hard question because there aren't much good rock bands of the last 16 years, my favorite would be Brand New
>>
>>69267296
obviously korn is but system of a down are okay too I guess
>>
>>69267370
Cooome ooooon man
>>
Nu-metal? I'd think so.

Rock as a whole? Fuck no
>>
>>69267377
jonathan davis is everything, soorrrrrryyyyyyyyyy
his adidas tracksuits alone are enough to push them into the top spot
>>
>>69267370
Korn is quite possibly the most boring band I've ever listened to.
>>
>>69267296
>what is queens of the stone age
>what is mastodon
>what is alice in chains
>what is isis
>what is tool
>what is gojira
>>
>>69267296
Id say yes

Their earlier stuff are gold though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F46r-_jPPHY
>>
>>69267489
do you even have ears
>>
>>69267387
Anon specifically said last 16 years.
>>
>>69267421
Tell me their best song and I'll listen to it.
>>
>what is The Mars Volta
>>
>>69267649
obviously a.d.i.d.a.s.

here's a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=239vHrwt8Rs
>>
>>69267296

they're definitely a great band but it feels kinda premature to say what the 'greatest' band of the last 16 years is like it's hard to tell that sorta stuff i mean the 90s is just now becoming clear i think but iunno i dont know anything really. but yeah soad is one of those bands where every couple of years when i go back to them i feel like im uncovering more layers and that's pretty neat
>>
>>69267702
Oh...I remember this....
The vocals and lyrics....not that good.
Beat is alright.
>>
>>69267779
it's amazing
you're in denial
it's okay
>>
>>69267827
If it had a better vocalist maybe it would be.
And that's STILL a maybe.
>>
>>69267849
let's agree to disagree
>>
yall niggas BITCH
>>
>>69267296
Slav stop posting you need to go to bed
>>
i love them with every fiber of my being, but i listened to some of their stuff recently and i feel like they had huge potential in more beautiful work. the softer, instrumental parts in songs like hypnotize and u-fig could be expanded on wonderfully.
but i guess the breakneck turns are what they were known for
>>
File: Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg (93KB, 400x355px) Image search: [Google]
Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg
93KB, 400x355px
imo
>>
>>69267509
not the greatest rock band of the past 16 years
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Toxicity [American, 2001]

overarrangements no prob for we who avoid art-rock like the plague this means to cure ("Prison Song," "Bounce") *

Mezmerize [American/Columbia, 2005]

Firm in their convictions and (relatively) simple in their art rock ("B.Y.O.B.," "Radio/Video"). *
>>
File: scaruffi.jpg (97KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi.jpg
97KB, 600x450px
>>69267370
>mfw someone steals my post and opinion
>>
>>69268708
In Christgau's vocabulary, "art rock" means anything that challenges his tiny brain's preconceived notions of what rock-and-roll can be.
>>
>>69267640
That doesn't change my statement
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.