[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this album again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: gnfpwhbn.png (322KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
gnfpwhbn.png
322KB, 500x500px
Why do people hate this album again?
>>
>>69262691
Because I love the albums which came before it so much that this album is a huge disappointment. If it were a different band I might enjoy it
>>
>>69262713
Fuck off.
>>
>>69262713
The three best songs Modest Mouse ever wrote are on that record, dude.
>>
>>69262691
Who hates it?
>>
>>69262734
Ok
>>
>>69262713
Some of the tracks are outstanding though. Bury me with it, Satin in a coffin, Bukowski etc.

Same goes for We Were Dead. People seem to hate those albums for being mainstream but honestly they're just the same old Modest Mouse but professionally produced.
>>
>>69262809
I don't hate it actually, LCW and TIALD are just so perfect to me. I agree that later Modest Mouse has some really good songs but the last album of theirs I enjoyed as a whole was Moon & Antarctica
>>
>>69262809
And they're not the same just more produced. The lyrics have a similar mood but musically it really changed since Moon & Antarctica
>>
Because they prostituted their talent to make money off of trashy bubblegum pop.
>>
Hipsters
>>
>>69262713
This 2bh
>>
>>69262912
I'm a hipster and this is my favourite album tho
>>
I honestly see nothing wrong with their other recent albums, in fact I loved Strangers to Ourselves and We Were Dead, it's really cool the style change they did after The Moon and Antarctica. Good News is actually my most favorite of them.
>>
>>69262713
this is retard logic
>>
>>69262691
it sounds like gay pop rock thay sucks
>>
This LP definitely isn't bad but compared to the last two it is a step down a bit. And God knows the MM fanbase will NOT shut up about how those two records were the best thing since sliced bread.
>>
MM fell pretty hard in comparison to other 90's indie bands.
Not that Good News is bad, but it's a real step down.
>>
Nobody really hates it but it's not even in the top 3 Modest Mouse albums and I think even We Were Dead is a bit better overall
>>
>>69262691
Modest Mouse's old production always bothered me, so I actually really enjoyed this album.
>>
Good News is fucking great
We Were Dead is okay
Strangers is underrated and Pistol is one of their best songs
>>
>>69262809
If I were to pick three songs from this album, these would be them. This album is an enormous step up from their previous work. I can't stand their whiny shit. Just my opinion though.
>>
>>69265180
you're forgetting about weezer, man.

rivers cuomo died after pinkerton was released
>>
>>69265180
Yeah, I feel like bands like Built to Spill better transitioned into the "overproduced era" whilst maintaining their sound.

You in Reverse is probably my favourite album of theirs and it was released long after MM's Good News.
>>
>>69265532
i was talking about the classic 'lo-fi' 90's indie (MM, GBV, Pavement, Built to Spill).

GBV is still releasing a fuckton of quality pollard songs, maybe not as good as bee thousand but still pretty solid
Pavement died with a solid discography
Built to Spill changed their production style, but they are still great
also, weezer is back again. hope he releases sftbh and redeems his fucking career
>>
>>69265567
Built to Spill is sort of remarkable in that regard though. They haven't really released a bad album, period.
>>
This album is actualy as good as Moon And Antarctica

That album had kinda weak second half

The next two albums were a real step down though, even with Johnny Marr

First two still remain their best though
>>
>>69263933
Strangers to Ourselves has to be one of the most undeservedly trashed albums.
>>
>>69265618
I dunno, I'm not big on You in Reverse. There is No Enemy is fucking hideously underrated tho
>>
>>69265567
>>69265618

Untethered Moon was boring as fuck
>>
Dubs and the next Modest Mouse album is AOTD
>>
>>69265711
nah son
>>
>>69265618
It's the Doug Martsch effect. Guy truly doesn't care about fame, money or image and has continued doing his own thing. Whereas I love Isaac Brock but he can be a pretentious fuck at times and openly admits to selling out.
>>
>>69265792
man i love doug so much
>>
>>69265714
>>
>>69262691
I started with this and We Were Dead and assumed MM was shit. Then I found all their earlier albums and was pleasantly surprised
>>
>>69262774
broke isn't on there anon. possibly my favourite song of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-nbyPpNuLM
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.