[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Record shops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: R-4857686-1377656092-1596.jpeg.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-4857686-1377656092-1596.jpeg.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
About to start working in a record shop on Monday any tips ?
>>
Don't set your expectations too high -- it's still retail work
>>
>>69259825
Quit your jobs

All your customers will be massive plebs anyway
>>
Maybe I should do this. Every time I go to a record store people think I work there.
>>
>>69259825
insult anyone entering the store about their shit taste
>>
Be as miserable as possible while working there

Every once in a while mutter how much you hate music

When someone asks for assistance, grunt at them
>>
>>69259842
this. also, fuck your colleagues
>>
play trout mask replica on the store speakers. call everyone's music taste pleb.
>>
>>69259825

What was the interview like? Did you have to prove to be patrician or at least knowledgeable about music?

Also, have fun helping teenage girls to their alt-J, Vampire Weekend and Arctic Monkeys for their Crosleys.
>>
>>69259825
how'd you get the job op?
>>
Please keep us posted on how you like it.
>>
>>69259994
>>69259933
I just gave in my CV and they where like yeah you start Monday
>>
>>69259865
this so much, but outside the store be the most friendly fucker around
>>
Get ready for extreme disappointment.
And the bum's rush in January.
>>
>>69259933
You're clearly going to the wrong record stores.
>>
Be just as pretentious to customers when they ask questions/recommendations as all the other record store employees in the world
>>
learn how to strip down and repair an audio technica lp-60

overclock your cpu
>>
Watch High Fidelity

Don't be the guy from High Fidelity
>>
>>69260088
where do you live op?
>>
>>69262944
Ireland
>>
Recomend stuff that doesn't have any relation to what they're looking for. Bornus points if you constantly shill the same album.

"I'm looking for some Wu Tang."
"You'll find that in the hip-hop section over there, but you'd probably prefer the new Alcest album. He's gone back to more black metal sound but the melodic goodness that was the only thing Shelter had going for it is still there."
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.