[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Audioslave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Audioslave Out of Exile (2005).jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Audioslave Out of Exile (2005).jpg
49KB, 500x500px
What does /mu/ think of Audioslave?
>>
Bad 2000s radio rock about on the level of Creed or Godsmack, but somehow gets more cred because its members were from respected bands.
>>
I liked Cochise and Like A Stone when I was a kid

>>69256377
Pretty much
>>
>>69256279
music for when you cant take a shit but really need to. it is like aural laxative
>>
>>69256425
Pearl Jam works better
>>
>All these people trying to protect their patrician taste.

They were alright
>>
>>69256443
i will try this
>>
>>69256471
Compared to Soundgarden they were pretty mediocre
>>
Rick Rubin's production is so fucking flat and sterile.
>>
>>69256638
Rubin thinks Back In Black was the greatest rock album of all time and he's obsessed with making everything he produces sound like that.

Though the slower Audioslave numbers like IATH sound similar to the slower RHCP numbers; he gave them the same sparse feel.
>>
I fucking love Audioslave.
Revelations is truly underrated
>>
>instead of Zach De La Rocha's rapping while reciting from a Noam Chomsky book about US war crimes, we have Chris Cornell wailing in a Dio-like voice about death and highways and more highways
>Tom Morello and friends meanwhile reciting from the book of stolen Page/Iommi riffs
>also Tom uses the same palm muting effect in almost every song
>some songs start building momentum but never go anywhere with it
>the band's playing, while competent, lacks any of the energy or pyrotechnics on RATM's albums
>on the whole, the album feels very safe, bland, and canned so that soccer moms can listen to it on the radio while driving their kids to school in the morning

And that's pretty much it.
>>
>>69256491
Soundgarden smartly decided to call it quits once they realized that the grunge era was coming to a close. RATM broke up because Zach got into a fight with the other guys. In their case, maybe too bad because they could easily have gotten a second wind in the 2000s whining about George Bush.
>>
Albums like this are the antithesis of rock-and-roll. Rock is supposed to be provocative and edgy. Soundgarden and Rage were just that. This unfortunate marriage of the two is anything but.

Which just goes to show you that, while even bad rappers still have redeeming quality due to the whole tribal/cultural aspect, bad rock groups have no redeeming quality. It's just background noise you play on the sound system at the mall.
>>
>>69256908
Chris's lyrics have a little more pseudo-Christian imagery on them than the Soundgarden stuff because of trying to copy the likes of Creed.
>>
>>69256728
This
>>
I'd rather listen to Soundgarden in every aspect. Like a Stone is an okay single. Hate everything else they've done.
>>
Loved these guys when it was what, 2001? I just got my drivers license and bought their first album. Listened to it over and over again. Shadow of the Sun. Loved their second album, and their third was okay.
>>
An okay band but Cornell should not have even tried to do RATM songs live
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.