[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reddit shilling for Mercury as usual. Who was the real GOAT frontman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

Reddit shilling for Mercury as usual.

Who was the real GOAT frontman?
>>
MIKE

PATTON
>>
Bob Pollard
>>
>>69256109
This
>>
Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.
>>
File: mick.jpg (693KB, 1944x2543px) Image search: [Google]
mick.jpg
693KB, 1944x2543px
And why is it Mick Jagger?
>>
>>69256155
is this pasta?
>>
>>69256155
The Nirvana part gets under my skin every time I see this
>>
Iggy Pop
>>
>>69256095
Freddie Mercury
>>
>>69256641
Objectively it's correct though
>>
Lou Reed
>>
>>69256095
Freddy Mercury proves that even AIDS has it's good sides. Fuck I hate Queen.

Kitschiest overblown garbage that somehow still has fans.
>>
>>69256641
its true though
its common knowledge that kurt did the songwriting
>>
Why does the world revolve around the world shill to you people? Can't people just like things? even if they're just worshipping the apotheosis of someone.
>>
Robert Plant
>>
iggy desu
>>
>Who was the real GOAT frontman?
Gilmour
the most underrated singer ever
>>
>>69256109
This

Bobby is the superior musician.
>>
>>69256641
Because after Nirvana, Krist became known as a musical and lyrical genius?

And I mean, you can say something about Grohl, and I like the dude, and he has some fun songs, but Foo Fighters is just a more boring, radio friendlier normie version of Nirvana at best.
>>
Seth Putnam or GG Allin
>>
>>69256095
Why are you on reddit if you hate it so much?
>>
>>69256932
They don't try to be Nirvana at all. They're a pop rock group that happened to have some of the best singles of the decade.
>>
david byrne
>>
>>69256990
best selling* singles
ftfy
>>
Debbie Harry
>>
>>69257092
>Everlong
>My Hero
>The Pretender
>Best of You
>All My Life

All classic singles
>>
queen fans are as insufferable as it gets, if bohemian rhapsody is one of your favorite songs you're a fucking idiot
>>
Hey now, Freddie really was a great frontman. He could get the crowd going like no other.
You don't have to like the music to accept this.
>>
>>69256155
They certainly had talent, but they made quite alot of forgettable garbage throughout their career
>>
>>69256155
S E R I O U S

P
I
P
E
S
>>
>>69257122
I agree with you to an extent, I have always wondered if these songs would be half as successful without the prior experience of being in Nirvana though.

Kurt and Dave did actually "write together" once, Kurt called it boneheaded and it's one of my favorites from their whole discography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2aRJGjyJV4

also fuck off queen
>>
>>69257338
They were very experimental, so naturally what you like is garbage for others if you play with so many genres. They did opera, ragtime, disco, poprock, hardrock, vaudeville, stadium rock, funk, etc. If you are in it for the rock music, you' be inclined to dismiss other genres quicker.

[spoiler]that said, they did produce some steaming piles of shit so i actually agree[/spoiler]
>>
Lou Reed of course
>>
>>69256663
Dear god, is no one gonna second this? By a mile
>>
I honestly believe Freddy is the best frontman we've ever seen.
>>
>>69257576
The only other one I can come up with is Bruce Dickinson, but I never liked Iron Maiden as much as Queen, not by a long shot.
>>
Nirvana is the most overrated band of all time
>>
MC Ride
>>
gg allen
>>
>>69256932
>Implying Krist isn't a genius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB7aVgRw5-Y

H-hey man... Gary Johnson is gonna like, legalize weed or something man. He climbed Mount Everest! Uh... This election is um, like, proof that a two-party system in inherently flawed or something!
>>
File: robert_plant02.jpg (99KB, 738x1049px) Image search: [Google]
robert_plant02.jpg
99KB, 738x1049px
>>69256768
this
>>
>>69256841
That's an odd way to spell "waters"
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.