[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 960.jpg (82KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
82KB, 960x540px
Shizophrenic master race class musicians
>>
File: cover.jpg (391KB, 1298x1300px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
391KB, 1298x1300px
WON'T YOU MISS ME

WOULDN'T YOU MISS ME AT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL
>>
File: hay.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hay.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
wouldn't it be nice if I weren't crazy
>>
File: Syd712.jpg (28KB, 363x600px) Image search: [Google]
Syd712.jpg
28KB, 363x600px
hey, want to take some acid man? This stuff is great.
>>
File: Roky Erickson.jpg (13KB, 200x258px) Image search: [Google]
Roky Erickson.jpg
13KB, 200x258px
>>69255302
>shizophrenic
>bipolar
>brain damaged
How unlucky can one man be?
>>
So I guess that's it, huh? We got, what, four people and that's the entire thread.
>>
File: Nick Blinko.jpg (66KB, 470x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Blinko.jpg
66KB, 470x600px
>>69255523
We can keep going if you want
>>
>>69255523
Alright, that fucking crazy cunt who stabbed his mother(?) Zappa signed him in the 60s. He likely had the ole schizophrenia.
>>
File: 220px-Joe_Meek_historic.jpg (17KB, 220x291px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Joe_Meek_historic.jpg
17KB, 220x291px
>>69255546
yeah I do
>>69255550
what? who?
>>
and that radiohead are shit, it's almost derogatory
>>
>>69255568
are you in the right place hun
>>
>>69255567
I think his name was Wild Man Fisher. His debut album is literally tmr but weirder and before tmr.
>>
Jim Morrison? Maybe just bi-polar.
>>
>>69255588
I think you might be confusing him with Jim Gordon who stabbed his mother and also had schizophrenia. He was a session drummer and also played in Derek and the Dominoes and Traffic. He was good as well.
>>
>>69255588
Oh no, just looked it up a Fischer attacked his mother as well. I'd never heard that one.
>>
>>69255609
No look up wild man Fischer.
>>
>>69255609
No he is right. Wild Man Fischer
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Man_Fischer
>>
>>69255588
Is there, like, a non-american equivalent of that guy (and TMR for that matter)? Either with or without the mental problems.
>>
Elliott Smith? Maybe just bi-polar.
>>
me 2bh
>>
>>69255649
Bumppity
>>
>>69255649
Not sure, he seems to be a one of type of guy
>>
>>69256222
Doesn't need to be EXACTLY the same, otherwise it'd be a ripoff. I think >>69255290 comes close at his most chaotic moments
>>
>>69255651
Just depression and addiction. Addiction more than anything else. Which most people think he always was one, but he didn't start doing drugs until the 2000's. All his early records were just writing about the heroin epidemic that was localized throughout the pacific northwest at that time. He wrote songs about what he saw.
>>
>>69256306
Yeh but Syd seems so much more chill. Though I know that a schizophrenics often have ups and downs. It's really sad when a great artist falls under the grip of it, whether it's through being genetically predisposed or through triggering it with drugs. Either way it's a sad thing and I wouldn't wish it on even the worst artists. I do wish people would stop romanticizing it, too often do I hear people talk about how cool it was that syd took a bunch of acid and "went crazy"
>>
>>69256359
Romanticising mental disorders (and often claiming to have one) will never not be en vogue. It's the last resort for someone who wants to feel special, and wanting to feel special gets you desperate pretty quick.

That said, I'm interested in musicians (artists in general, really) with mental disorders because their art is the product of a mind that simply doesn't (cannot) work in the same way the average mind, no matter how brilliant or versatile, can. That's just a level of creativity that no one can reach regardless of talent or skill. Not saying it's better or somehow more special, it's just different. That's what I'm interested in. Probably why I like outsider music and art brut so much.
>>
>>69256418
This sums up my feelings
>>
>>69255609
Also played on Pet Sounds and SMiLE
>>
>>69255348
According to his sister, he didn't have any mental disorders.
>>
>>69255302
Mike Love is crazy too. I know he's got a reputation of jelous asshole here but that's not his only side:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USe4ZI8rHsI
The way he acted on the live shows is weird as fuck. Not to mention his eccentric outfit.
>>
>>69256729
Yeah, she said he may have had aspergers but I think it's rather fair to say that schizophrenia is very likely
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.