[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is a fucking joke right? what the fuck is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: homepage_large.5b46e7f4.jpg (30KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.5b46e7f4.jpg
30KB, 319x319px
this is a fucking joke right?

what the fuck is this?
>>
le circus music,,,,
>>
musique
>>
nein, das ist schoen Zirkusmusik jajaja
>>
>>69253258
Why don't you eat carrots?
>>
9/10
>>
It's a well respected album in the patrician scene.
>>
>>69253465
i love you
>>
>>69253258
ME is a meadow meal
and the guess I GET IT
and the gate I GET IT
and the game I GET IT
>>
>>69253258
>le terrifying nightmare comprised of innovative musical techniques
It's just some drugged-out kids from German province fucking around with stereo sound.
>>
>...Faust and friends brought an Elvis impersonator back to the studio after a night's drinking to provide vocals for the covers of "Dont Be Cruel", "Hound Dog" and "Teddy Bear", though it is too much to hope that those particular sessions will ever be released. Throughout the time at Wumme the fun was punctuated by a routine recording and studio work. Occasionally there were periods where little or no work was done, and nothing achieved except the creation of a certain mood.
>Every so often they would send a tape of work-in-progress to Polydor, though these were as likely to contain studio experiments or location recordings as they were any kind of group playing or rock music; one was made up exclusively of recordings of the traffic passing through Wumme on a single day, another contained "pure blasts of noise, the sound of someone cleaning dishes and us all trying to impersonate a female choir."
>Nettelbeck nevertheless managed to persuade the label that they were making progress. For an entire year he succeeded in keeping Polydor at bay. [...] They demanded to hear the results of their investment, so the group hurriedly convened to assemble their first album: "we tripped and took LSD, and we had to make the record in one night."

Fundamentally, it's a fun album made by a group of friends. But having complete creative freedom, quality production, and a certain disaffected cultural backdrop prompted them to create their own musical language--to "reinvent music" on their own terms. Faust's music hid a moving vision of the human condition, one of the most lyrical in the entire history of rock music.
>>
>>69254349
this was just the same as >>69253711 written by a scaruffi-drone
>>
>>69253688
a wonderful wooden reaSON
>>
>>69254381
*drops spoon on ground*
>>
>>69254370
It's not terrifying or a nightmare though. Scaruffi reads darkness into everything for some reason.

Jouissance and accepting death go hand in hand on this album.
>>
>>69254401
Okay tell me what hints at the human condition on this album except the reference to Goethe in the band name.
>>
>>69254424
Have you read the album's lyrics?
>>
>>69254424
The basic structure of the album is exuberance followed by emptiness. It's the most blatant on Meadow Meal where that guitar solo is followed by thunder and a funereal organ. I'm not sure if you've realized that "meadow meal" is a literal phrase. Anyway, the end of the album (with the two voices) is their solution to existentialism.
>>
>>69254436
>slow goes the goose
>you see me shoes in your mirror mind
>quick goes the trick
>I ask your sick sailing sailors blind
>I travel into the tongue
>ready to drop ding dong is handsome top
?????
>>
>>69254548
>exuberance followed by emptiness
you could say that about every loud-quiet-loud structure ever.
>>
>>69254554
(Faust / all)do you find that pleasant?
(Arnulf) it's enough to survive
(Faust) you've changed in the past few years, too!
(Arnulf) you think so?
(Faust) why then? probably...well...
(Faust) but...why don't you eat carrots?
(Arnulf) yes, that'd be really nice
(Faust) shall we do it?
(Arnulf) yes
(Faust) do you want to climb down?
>>
>>69254559
>exuberance means loud
>emptiness means quiet
I laughed.
>>
>>69254548
you're being autistic

it's like those autists who will read into a movie or something and try and 'connect the dots' for some hidden meaning which was never there, just a bunch of random things to try and prove a point.

this is exactly like that, except if the movie was really shit too
>>
>>69254577
Find one glowing review where he says the album has an optimistic message. Even in his review of Loveless, for example, he defaults to saying things like "chaos" and "demented."
>>
>>69254593
Name a movie that applies to.
>>
>>69254617
what does it matter... irrelevant
>>
>>69254626
Because I don't think you know what you're talking about. I don't necessarily disagree with the idea, but I think you've created a strawman in your head you can't really connect to reality.
>>
>>69254653
I'm just gonna guess you don't watch very many movies.
>>
>>69254634
listen here, FUCKO, you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. you're trying to tell ME I made a strawman? YOU'RE the autist who is telling ME that a MEME album has a hidden meaning. you've crossed the wrong guy, BUDDY. I suggest you take a good look in the mirror and have a serious rethink of your life, because I sure as hell think you've done a right FUCKUP here by exposing yourself like this. now if you'll excuse me I have to go and tend to my homemade donuts.
>>
>>69254695
Cringe.
>>
>>69254735
What a creative post anon! :)
>>
>>69254593
My modus operandi when critiquing a piece of music like Faust (as in, a piece of music that's actively trying to avoid any sort of existing formal constructions) is to downplay the focus on how and why it's "experimental", since when you get right down to it it's not that hard to create novel sounds just for the sake of novelty. By a similar token, it's obviously impossible to critique something like "Miss Fortune" the same way I would critique a pop song, since the criteria I'd apply are totally irrelevant.

Instead, I try to zero in on how the band or artist in question is using the "experimental" techniques to express something that couldn't be expressed in a more traditional manner, and consequently often is something that band is unique in having chosen to express. In Faust's case, I find that the intentionally disorienting musical arrangements and production aesthetics, the juxtaposition of familiar content with alien content, the moments of unabashed pathos (the mournful, wordless operatic aria, for example), and the coda that summarizes the "theme" such as it is ever made explicit all work together to create an effect that taps into humankind's anguished uncertainty regarding the individual's relationship to an incomprehensible universe and the (possibly futile) process of making sense - or pretending one has made sense - of a large enough section to live contentedly in.

The stereotype about me is I scorn "muh feels", but I don't think it's possible to substantially address an album like Faust without addressing the specific moods it evokes and how it uses non-traditional composition methods to go about evoking them.
>>
>>69253258
it's a great album
>>
>>69254593
>trying to pull any meaning beyond what's available on the very surface out of art is autistic
i'd much rather be autistic than think like this
>>
>>69254799
Cringe, no one even remotely cares about your opinion.
>>
>>69254858
i do
>>
>>69254812
>

>>69254818
>believing every "hidden meaning" is actually real

autism
>>
the main theme (or concept) of faust is comparing the lack of a cultural identity in post-WWII Germany with existential confusion.
>>
>>69255026
did you eat your potatos?
>>
>>69255036
?
>>
>>69253258
Scaruffi and his drones believe it to be deep, dark, and interesting, but it's obviously crap.
>>
File: 1476294867189.jpg (30KB, 357x384px) Image search: [Google]
1476294867189.jpg
30KB, 357x384px
>>69255036

:3
>>
>>69255832
What is a drone ?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.