[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was kanye a bear for 60% of his discography?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Graduation.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Graduation.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
why was kanye a bear for 60% of his discography?
>>
https://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Dropout_Bear
>>
cuz he wild lmao
>>
>>69228415

because he was hibernating for his beautiful dark twisted fantasy
>>
>>69228458
woah...
>>
Chicago Cubs
>>
>>69228458
nice
>>
the bear symbolizes the music he actually put effort into and the albums that lacked the bear were all trash.
>>
File: 9dd.jpg_large.jpg (33KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
9dd.jpg_large.jpg
33KB, 599x337px
>>69229881

>fantasy
>yeezus
>tlop

>bad
>>
>>69229919
The bear was in some of the album art for MBDTF, not the main cover though.

But yeah he was pretty accurate about the others.

They weren't 'trash' but they were pretty damn weak albums.
>>
File: famous.jpg (11KB, 480x251px) Image search: [Google]
famous.jpg
11KB, 480x251px
>>69229919
>the life of pablo
>good
>>
>>69228415
im shocked that a furry is mentally ill
>>
File: kok.jpg (68KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
kok.jpg
68KB, 600x601px
>>69229919
this

>all rap sounds the same
>eww this isn't the same as the other rap
>>
>>69229955
Hey, I hated TLOP too. But after a few listens it clicked for me.
>>
>>69228415
I wanna fuck that bear
>>
>>69229955
Even if you don't like TLOP you have to admit it's ahead of its time. It is an album modeled after the attitude of short attention span-social media and the DIY cultures found on the internet
>>
>>69229919
I love that Death Grips album that Kanye did, and TPaB is probably his best yet
>>
Because he was still in denial about being a gay fish.
>>
>>69230125
It lacks any cohesion as an album, that's my main problem. It has a lot of potential, and I'd go as far as to say some songs on it are even great, but the fact that some are terrible, multiple are mediocre, and none seem to contribute to any meaningful statement makes it one of his most disappointing albums.
>>
>>69230307
Yeah that's cool I totally understand that. But doesn't it sort of represent the DIY content found on the internet in those ways?
>>
>>69229949
Nah, Yeezus is great. Arguably his best.
>>
>>69228415
cause he's gay
>>
>>69230363
HAHAHAHAHAHA

no
>>
>>69230125
Also with Ultralight Beam. It's supposed to represent the cheap on the fly religiousness and activism found on the internet. The all style no substance of religion with those same short attention spanned freaks you're talking about.

Haha, and people keep talking about how it's an uplifting song. It starts with a Vine for fucks sake! And to think he convinced Kirk Franklin to get on there
>>
>>69231049
this is interesting, can you explain this interpretation of the gospel on TLOp and specifically ultralight beams more?
>>
>>69228452
Boolin
>>
>>69231049
Holy fuck
>ultralight beam
>ultra fast broadband
>>
>>69230125
You can't tell if something was ahead of its time when it's still the time it came out
>>
>>69231067
Just go look at all those black people on Facebook that went on and on about Ultralight Beam after TLOP came out. "Stay blessed tho" "I go to sleep to Ultralight Beam". The same people that will go cheat and judge and rob the next day. When has black religion ever been about penance and the slow repetition of practice over a lifetime? It's about going to church, getting emotional "yes lawd yes lawd!", and committing the same acts of fuckery as soon as you get out. That's the song! It's backed by synthy inorganic production, and is very catchy. Sure it's easy to feel faux-"uplifted" when Kanye talks about some vague "ultralight beam", whatever the fuck that means. And these people will pretend like they all know what "it means", and they're collectively in on it. Moved by the moment, but don't want to go deeper into the substance. ADHD. The song practically BELONGS in a 50,000 seating Creflo Dollar led evangelical ministry!

And as usual, Kanye is smart enough to know this. He wouldn't really buy into that bullshit for a second. As usual, it's a cynical critique. The album cover with a gospel choir and a fat ass is the symbol of that. As far as I'm concerned, putting a hapless naive Kirk Franklin on there is Kanye joking on him, lol!

Maybe the message is for black people to get their shit together, and stop copying and relying on second rate versions of white culture (Christianity) that only lead them to a dead end time and time again, and make their own lane. Or maybe the song is a peak at what's to come: flashy hyper-active religion in the internet age

Anyway, those are the people this song is about, in my opinion
>>
>>69231049
>>69231067
>>69231129
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

if it starts with a vine then it's shit. sorry.
>>
>>69231193
And this goes for all the other races that pretend like they're "down with" and "understand" black people. I saw plenty of fake Indian, Asian, and White people on Facebook using black lingo to express their love for Ultralight Beam. The same fake bitches that will go to a BLM rally.
>>
>>69231234
>>69231193
nice i agree. i hope this was kanyes actual hidden intention
>>
>>69230125
>It is an album modeled after the attitude of short attention span-social media and the DIY cultures found on the internet
[Citation needed]
>>
>>69231337
asshole
>>
>>69231193
Do you think the "pray for paris" line had anything to do with this?
>>
>>69231385
probably!
>>
>>69231193
Hah you're right! And he's joking on every Buzzfeed/thoughtcatalogue article that came out trying to dissect Chance's verse, taking the "this is my part nobody else speak" to be black people looking for a voice. Hell he's probably joking on Chance too.

Solange doesn't get it, he does
>>
>>69229997
gotdamn he's got a beautiful wife
>>
>>69229997
The anon just said three other hip-hop albums by the same artist (with far less indie influences) were good.
>>
>>69229949
The bear art for MBDTF was made by a fan. There are five official covers and one variant of the sword and crown one.
>>
>>69228415
because he has the mind of a child
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.