[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mention hip hop around my mom >get into a 20-minute argument

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1477255965653.png (41KB, 1790x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1477255965653.png
41KB, 1790x1640px
>mention hip hop around my mom
>get into a 20-minute argument about the legitimacy of sampling
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 420x420px
>>
Is someone gonna say it?
I'm getting the Herbie Hancock song ready as we speak.
>>
File: 1479872886444.png (102KB, 1790x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1479872886444.png
102KB, 1790x1640px
ya mum
>>
File: 1477468296520.png (4KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1477468296520.png
4KB, 420x420px
ʳ ᵃ ᵖ
>>
Cmon guys we're REALLY close to saying it...
Someone say it.
>>
File: ebin.png (11KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.png
11KB, 420x420px
RAP
>>
>>69229736
UH HUH, KEEP GOING.... KEEP GOING...
>>
And there is an argument to be had

I'm a hip-hop producer, 90% of my music relies on sampling, but you gotta admit it's a little strange when you really think about it.
>>
File: 1478649352636.png (4KB, 335x180px) Image search: [Google]
1478649352636.png
4KB, 335x180px
A degradation by less than intelligent men of a respected art form..perhaps?
>>
FUCK IT, I'M COUNTING IT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cvPs9kTQj4
>>
>>69229963
just to let you know you already missed some threads while you were asleep
>>
>>69227959
Well, to an extent, sure. Early hip-hop's spinal DNA is essentially James Brown, the Bongo Band, Bob James, etc, but a lot of popular pop music used sampling as well. Did your mom like Sinead O'Connor or Prince? Guess what, they both used samples for some of their singles, in Sinead's case, her best known single.

You also have to account for the fact that sampling came about after the massive budget cuts that inner city schools took, especially in their music departments, severely limiting kids in the late 70s/early 80s' access to instruments. This is why they started realizing that they could "play" their record players, which is what also kick started the DJ. Instruments were frequently prized possessions of older family members, making it extremely hard to make "original" music.

Also, let's be brutally honest here, how many songs blatantly "borrow" or outright plagiarize riffs from each other? Rock/Metal bands have done it for decades and no one jumps their shit when it happens.

Intent matters, and more importantly, how it's used and flipped is highly important. If it's a straight copy/paste job, then yes, a case for laziness and lack of talent may be made.
>>
>>69229780
I guess in the sense that the concept of art is inherently very weird
>>
R E T A R D S

A T T E M P T I N G

P O E T R Y

SUCK MY WHITE WHITE WHITE DIKKK
>>
>>69231328
it's like a pottery
>>
>>69230894
sampling: babby's first le creative audio collage of my fav sounds
>>
>>69229780
It's pretty neat if you spot a sample though.
Never knew where the intro to liquid swords was from, watched kill bill and got super excited lol.
>>
>>69231769
Totally this. Samples create a layer of context within an already great track, and are a great way to get into other genres too. Funk and Soul felt like a natural progression after getting into hip hop
>>
>>69230879
Rock/metal done it since the beginning of the time but every now and then they just scoot the lil secret under the carpet. Sampling isn't a legit thing and will always be frowned upon in rock because the most important thing in rock is standing out from the rest, showing people how much different and unique and skilled and talented you are in the craft. Hence the 80's crazy guitar solo fest and shit
>>
>>69231853
>the most important thing in rock is standing out from the rest
this is just blatantly not true

>hence 80's crazy guitar solo fest
how did any of the bands partaking in this nonsense stand out from each other?
>>
>>69231880
The faster and more batshit insane it was, more skill and talent it proved apparently

Thanks yngwei
>>
>>69227959
>discussing anything with females
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.