[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Glow, Pt. 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: d0b8b518.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
d0b8b518.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
I've seen this posted on here forever, so I decided to give it a shot. I don't really like it aside from the title track. In fact, the barrage of sound even makes me feel a little physically sick.

What's the appeal for everyone here who likes it? I'm genuinely asking, not trying to talk shit. I don't like to write albums off so quickly.
>>
For me, alot of it was lyrics. Many of the songs were too much for me to handle sonically as well.
>>
the album almost felt overproduced to me, while still being lo-fi

i prefer it was hot...
>>
The whole album sounds so amateurish and chaotic but everything is thought through and intentional. It comes together to be a very grandiose album but fronted by a quiet and untrained voice and the combination is really cool to me. Plus I haven't heard another band that sounds like it at all. Listen to it for a while more.
>>
listen to it when your sad or when its cold outside. itll click
>>
Check out the fantano review.
>>
I mean if you can't appreciate the large sound I don't see how you can appreciate half of mu-core.
>>
I would give it time. I felt the same way, it just kind of grows on you.
>>
>>69227702
This is a great explanation. It's a perfect depiction of a very relatable mindset. The Glow Pt 2 forgoes the verbosity of the usual breakup album and instead translates it into something that's primal but somehow tender and thoughtful at the same time.

My biggest piece of advice is to listen to it on good headphones and really pat attention. The production is so raw but incredibly nuanced at the same time. Sometimes it almost feels like there are mini little songs playing by themselves tucked away.
>>
>>69227951
I dunno. I mean, I imagine part of the appeal is the same as with In the Aeroplane over the Sea. Poorly sung, noisy, but charming. I don't love that album either, but it's relatively melodic, so I can appreciate the whole.

The thing about The Glow, Pt. 2 is that it seems kind of like it spawned from early emo or something, but then they consciously removed the vitriol?

but I'll try it with headphones
>>
>>69227564
>>69228319
yeah maybe try it was hot... before you go back to the glow pt 2
>>
>>69228319
If you think the appeal of ITAOTS is that it's "charming", you're not understanding it. The "poorly sung" vocals and noisiness are perfect for the album because everything about the album lends itself to a certain mood and tone. The album is viscerally raw and emotional not just because of the lyrics, but because of everything about it. If it was cleanly produced or had perfect vocals or wasn't noisy it wouldn't fit the type of feeling ITAOTS is supposed to evoke. This is the same reason The Glow Pt. 2 is a masterpiece in my opinion. It's supposed to be overwhelming. I think it's incredible and honestly beautiful that the music can make you feel the way the narrator does.
>>
I kind of like the song Headless Horseman but I always thought this album was so fucking cheesy, and like standard "gentle sad guy indie folk"
>>
>>69228615
I can appreciate things from a holistic point of view, but I'm skeptical of music where clamor appears to be a diversion for proper harmonic sequencing. Not saying that's what's going on with ITAotS or the Glow necessarily—and with the Glow it seems to be more to intone the point that it's an album of strife, which I appreciate—but I do wonder.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (78KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
78KB, 500x492px
>>69228319
>I'll try it with headphones
>>
>>69230202
well someone did suggest that
>>
File: pepepunchstorm.gif (405KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
pepepunchstorm.gif
405KB, 359x371px
>>69228319
>in the aeroplane over the sea
>poorly sung
>noisy
>>
>>69230286
It's purely a headphone album senpai
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.