[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: b369b595.jpg (120KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
b369b595.jpg
120KB, 620x620px
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this album was a huge fucking disappointment?
>>
>>69223696
We can all agree that i got hella diamonds up in my rolex and they dancin like a bitch #udigg?
>>
>>69223696
Do people honestly think it wasn't dissapointed
>>
>it's different
>I don't like it
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
>>
Nah, it was pretty good. Never really understood the hype for SILY. Wildflower was a lot more energetic and fun, and didn't suffer from how overly uniform their debut album was.
>>
It didn't have a chance to be anything but a huge disappointment.
>>
>>69223696

i dont understand how anyone can have high expectations for a group that hasnt put out music in 16 years. If you havent released a good album in the last 5 years im fully expecting your next album to be garbo.
>>
>>69223750
*glass breaks*
>>
>>69223696
Wildflower > Since I left You.
I don't typically follow new music releases but I was very pleased to do so in this case.

>>69223782
Since I left You wasn't that great.
>>
It was ultimately the wrong approach bringing on all the guest artists and making the project more production oriented instead of sample based. I dont think they could have even done it like SILY though because they're even more in the public eye. They obviously didnt want another endless stream of lawsuits not to mention having to go in and remove/replace samples until theres a million of different versions out there. They deserved a nice payday I guess.
>>
File: 1406834700023.png (90KB, 1125x681px) Image search: [Google]
1406834700023.png
90KB, 1125x681px
>>69223859
>>
>>69223859

>Since I left You wasn't that great.

Wow, what a shitty opinion. I wonder why he would think that.

>tripfag

Oh.
>>
>>69223859
>Since I left You wasn't that great
*teleports behind you*
nothing personal friendo...
>>
imagine how much of a fucking retard you have to be to think the 1975 is good
>>
>>69223930
>bringing on all the guest artists and making the project more production oriented instead of sample based.
Wozard of Iz is fantastic, though. That has to be one of my favorite hip hop drum breaks. On par with the original break from https://youtu.be/bXZnW_wzROY

>>69223942
>>69223955
>>>/b/
And stay there this time. At least until you can contribute something to a music discussion other than obsessing over tripfriends.

>>69223963
I think that they're better at the hip hop angle than the plunderphonic ballads angle.
>>
>>69223942
This isn't /v/
>>
Disappointing? Yes. Good? Umm, eh, kinda.
>>
>>69224012
*not to imply that the Milennium break is hip hop
A hip hop drum break I consider comparable would be https://youtu.be/qhwD8CwaM1I?t=136
>>
>>69224012
"The 1975 is good though" LMFAO @ expecting anyone to discuss music with some fucking drooling retard with shit taste dumbass attention seeking virgin
>>
>>69224068
What are you talking about ?
>>
>>69223731
wildflower was not "different", it was boring
>>
>>69224105
what kind of idiot puts a space between the last word of their sentence and the question mark kys fag
>>
>>69224128
How was it boring? Honestly, even if you don't like it, that would be one of the last things you'd use to describe it.
>>
>>69224068
You got the wrong guy, guy >>69223752
>>
>>69224185
It's not that uncommon !

>>69224128
"If she / don't love me
What can I do ?
Just put on my best / Pair of shoes
Because I / I'm me"

Show me more potent lyrics (samples count) from the Avalanches.
>>
>>69224275
tonight...may have to last me...all my lifeee
>>
It's good
Since i left you is a cringefest
This one is just very good
>>
>>69224340
I will concede that they tie re: my emotional reaction.
What will force me to prefer the former is that the music it accompanies is one of my favorite singles of the year.
>>
It has its moments but overall I think it was pretty average especially considering how long the wait was.

It doesn't have the same flow as the first album, I think they rely on guest rappers way too much to push mediocre tracks, the NOISY EATER song sucks ass. I guess my gripes stop there.

I don't know it's still a great album, but the best way to put it is their first album, I have a hard time pinpointing a track I don't love, and for this album, I'm having a hard time finding a track that I do. I can't recall any real high points for me, but Wildflower is generally comfy and easy to listen to. It just pales compared to the tropical, travelling get away feeling of the first album.
>>
FRANKIE FRANKIE

FRANKIE'S IN HELL NOW

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FRANKIE SINATRA AHHHH FRANKIE M BABA FRANKIE MMMMMMMM
>>
>>69223696
yeah, you're right, it kinda was
>>
>>69223696
How could they have possibly followed up to SILY. That album is a legendary and they released 15 years ago.
>>
>>69223696
Absolutely not. This album is everything i was looking for every time i gave SILY another chance.

Also, the presence of Danny Brown makes it automatically superior to SILY regardless of actual content.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.