[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between rap and hip hop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Baby keeping his head up.jpg (39KB, 510x680px) Image search: [Google]
Baby keeping his head up.jpg
39KB, 510x680px
What's the difference between rap and hip hop?
>>
This is hip hop
>>
hiphop can be instrumental, but if you rhyme then it is rap+hiphop. that is all i know pham
>>
>>69222634
rap is the name for a style of vocal and hip hop is a genre of music
>>
Rap is rhyming over bars, hip hop is concious expansion, knowledge of self, respect for the people and their culture
>>
File: SMHTBHONIIFAM.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
SMHTBHONIIFAM.gif
81KB, 182x249px
>>
Hip hop is more than music, its about ending oppression, corruption, slavery
>>
rap is crap and hip hop is a big flop
>>
Dude who said hip hop is a flop does not know what hip hop is
>>
Hip hop is the collective, the understanding that we are all one, that only our ego believes we are seperate, its the intellectual revolution, born from oppression, its the knlowledge that reality is an illusion, a reflection of what is known, its the truth, the love, the oneness
>>
The covenant, to express how we all feel about the corruption manifest, intelligence in an artform
>>
I could go on for days, but it seems if scared ya all away
>>
>all of these people pretending hip hop is some sort of artistic representation of spirit, culture, and wisdom
>Meanwhile actual hip hop:
>"AWWWWW SKEET SKEET MUH FUGGAAAAAAAA AWWW SKEET SKEET GOT DAM AWW SKEET SKEET MUH FUGGAAAAAA"
>"WE GON PULL UP IN THE HOOPTIE LIKE SOME COPS ON EM, WITH THE M16 WE GON PUT SOME SHOTS ON EM"
>"SHROOM SHROOM LSD MESCALINE A LOTTA WEED"
>"DO YO CHAIN HANG LOW"
>>
Thats rap, obv
>>
Get familiar, educate yaself
>>
Thats the difference, if its about drugs hos or bein hard its rap, hip hop is about humanity and our place in it, OPEN YA FUCKEN EARS
>>
>>69222715
>>69222989
>>69223034
>>69223173

stop
>>
Immortal Technique, Vinnie Paz, Tupac, Subliminal, Dienamix, Damo, Delta, HH, BnE, all hip hop

Lil wayne, 2chainz n all them homos are rap
>>
>>69223261
>>69223218
>>69223243
Google hip hop, you stupid fucks. Rap is just the style of vocals, hip hop is the genre itself. its all hip hop, and 99.5% of it is trash. and this is coming from someone that has been listening to hip hop for years
>>
>>69223173
truly epic
>>
Nope, im damn sick of half brain, half dick sheep callin rap hip hop, educate yaself
>>
when do I get welcomed into jack's house
>>
If you say youve listened for years but uts shit, youve missed the point like a crackhead in rehab
>>
File: Screenshot_20161122-152722.jpg (150KB, 1384x807px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161122-152722.jpg
150KB, 1384x807px
>>69223328
>>
Thats sad man, using google to define hip hop, its oxymoronic
>>
>>69223395
Not sure how the rules apply for ebonics, but words typically carry a definitive meaning for us english speakers
>>
>>69222989
No hip hop is just trash music created to make $$
>>
Omfg hip hop dont make money, rap does, real hip hop doesn't get radio play, ignorance
>>
Ebonics lol im white australian bloke, predictive programming has made you think im black because im a hip hop head who cares not wether my words on 4 chan are structured according to your maggot queens linguistic frame
>>
Doldrums made me do it
>>
And here i was thinking that 4chan was full of open, aware critical thinkers, but nah there's drones here too
>>
File: 1476302949429.jpg (13KB, 261x197px) Image search: [Google]
1476302949429.jpg
13KB, 261x197px
>>69222678
good answer
>>
Hiphop was a social movement. It encompassed more than just music. The orignal "four elements" were Graffiti, Breakdancing, DJing, and Rapping. I'd say it includes fashion and drug culture now as well.
>>
File: drugsman2.jpg (8KB, 201x186px) Image search: [Google]
drugsman2.jpg
8KB, 201x186px
I think hip hop was a tragic misstep in human evolution
>>
>>69222795
Die
>>
>>69223173
>le "all hip hop is the same xD" maymay

Can you stop breathing, please?
>>
Pop culture is the misstep in evolution, hip hop is correcting it, want ya kids listening to miley or the Patriotik Natives?
>>
>>69224016
Funny cause that's exactly how I feel about this board and the people on it
>>
Dumbcunt
>>
Subliminal and Dienamix - Shadow Authors mixtape, free, yes FREE download from ozhiphopshop.com, free cause its FOR THE PEOPLE, not rap that is for the profit. Listen to that then tell me rap is shit, real dudes making tracks in their spare time, quality shit, free shit, home built studio, self taught musicians, 'jump on beats and speak free, what ya gonna give em'
>>
Woops lol hip hop* clearly i am not a wise cat
>>
>>69223692
most of the people in this thread are memeing
>>
Im not well versed in the internet lingo, i assume that means they're giving me shit lol well played memers, i still love you
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.