[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me where a good place to discover new music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 5732088.jpg (166KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
5732088.jpg
166KB, 540x540px
Can someone tell me where a good place to discover new music would be? I have looked through all the mucore charts over the past several years and mined all possible recommendations I could get there. I downloaded what.cd collages when that was still a thing, I spent a lot of time on rym just going through their ratings and their user lists, I looked through people's top listened to artists on last.fm and the recommended artists on last.fm, I looked at people's charts and took people's recommendations right here on /mu/, and from friends. I just don't know where else to go in music anymore, but I am always an explorer and I always want to find something more underground and interesting. Right now I think what would be best is if I found a nicely curated site that has a bunch of obscure, experimental music for me to get into.
>>
>>69214806
>Right now I think what would be best is if I found a nicely curated site that has a bunch of obscure, experimental music for me to get into.

Reading all of that makes me think you want to discover "real experimental 10/10" music because you wanna show off or something so fuck off and pick a genre you like most and work from there bitch
>>
>>69215291
this
>>
Obscure I could've helped

Experimental I don't know what that is
>>
breadth is not a substitute for depth

all that time curating ephemeral fancies when you could've been investing it into the classical canon, theory, or even just the history of a genre or two; regardless if you've been droning off the chart threads properly you should already have a basis that points you towards the directions you want to go
>>
Shooter Jennings - countach for giorgio
>>
>>69215291
That's a baseless assumption. I might as well just assume that you're a basement dwelling neck beard alt right right wing nazi just because you visit 4chan (and I will assume someone on this website is until proven otherwise). It's the same thing as assuming that I'm only listening to music for attention, that's not true at all, and i hate how people are so quick to undercut others on this website.
>>
>>69215355
I do spend a lot of time listening to classical, that has been my main focus of this past year.
>>
>>69215843
New Colin stetson seems experimental at times. As I recall it was track 3 that really reminded me of the band the body
>>
>>69214806
After listening to over 6k records i find that discovering new music is easier than ever before
>>
>>69215939
Can you explain how it's easier? This post isn't very helpful.
>>
>>69215310
>>69215910
you know what I mean by experimental. weird underground out there music.
>>
>>69216444
New Colin stetson seems pretty weird to me at least that track

Did you reply to the right post?

New charley xxx is pretty fucking weird at times so it's not just underground shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-j1lnSGfvc
>>
>>69216505
Goddamn autocorrect

Charli xcx
>>
I find plenty of obscure experimental music in /mu/ sharethreads. You should go through the archives and download whatever sounds interesting.
>>
Usually what I do these days, is I find someone on soulseek who has their albums organized by genre, and I just go download every album they have in that genre that I don't have, in a genre that interests me.
>>
The collages are what I'll miss most about What. I used them all the time.
>>
Just go to RYM charts tab, pick a genre and sort by Esoteric.
>>
i suggest http://www.fipradio.fr/player
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.