[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Cover_colour.jpg (88KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Cover_colour.jpg
88KB, 250x250px
I don't get it.
>>
Each song is a recreation of the noise he heard in a dream he had. It's an inconsistent album, but some of those tracks are really good.
>>
>>69207591
Its terrible fridgecore music, not much to get
>>
>>69207651
wait is this true
>>
>there are people on this board right now who think SAW II is the best afx album
>>
>>69207651
>Each song is a recreation of the noise he heard in a dream he had
Cool, I hadn't heard that before. I actually bought it a couple years after it came out but it never really struck me as anything special and I like RDJ quite a bit. I just seriously don't understand stuff like:

>Upon its release, Selected Ambient Works Volume II was well received by critics. It was placed on various best of the decade lists by publications such as Rolling Stone, Spin and Pitchfork.

Feels like I'm missing something
>>
>>69207757
Do you like ambient music?
>>
its his best release by far. just sit in a dark room and listen to the sounds. its intense
>>
>>69207699
>>69207757

Yeah, I thought it was common knowledge.

But yeah I have to wonder how familiar you are with ambient music. This isn't really the best entry material. The title is also really misleading if you're just coming off of SAW 85-92.
>>
>>69207834
I don't like or dislike it, I find it hard to connect to, although I can appreciate it for what it is.
>>
>>69207651
There's lots of intriguing musical ideas in it, but he doesn't really do anything interesting with them. To me this album was a wasted opportunity given that the material had real potential. I understand the appeal of minimalism, but it's over-simplified here.
>>
>>69207929
Having said this, I still think it was a decent album though.
>>
>>69207929
>>69207962

I think maybe this style just really isn't for you. You might like "Lifeforms" by The Future Sound of London, though.

And if you like that, give "The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld" by The Orb a listen.
>>
I think it's great, but some tracks are so creepy that scare the shit out of me
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.