[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: say something positive about a band/artist you hate alex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

File: The_bleeding.jpg (19KB, 220x214px) Image search: [Google]
The_bleeding.jpg
19KB, 220x214px
ITT: say something positive about a band/artist you hate

alex webster is actually a p good bassist
>>
File: RFcZvug7_400x400.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
RFcZvug7_400x400.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
John Frusciante and flea, to a lesser extent, are extremely talented
>>
>>69204735
Why don't you like CC op?
>>
GY!BE have undeniable musical chops
>>
Cardiacs were nothing if not a very ambitious, imaginative group
>>
Josh Homme has cool hair. That's about it. QOTSA fucking sucks.
>>
Devendra Obi Banhart clearly knows how to tap into the collective pleasure centre; his music is hardly disliked by anyone. Since his music isn't downright offensively bad, one can only call him successful as an artist. This was really hard for me to conjure. Oh he also convinced Vashti to record again.
>>
Coldplay really know how to work a crowd
>>
Metal bands are a fun punching bag.
>>
>>69204735
Do you like metal in general but not Cannibal Corpse?

If so, and if you haven't heard of them already, check out Blotted Science. Alex Webster on bass, Hannes Grossman on drums, and Ron Jarzombek on guitar.
>>
>>69204735
I don't like Cannibal Corpse either but I do agree the bass is ridiculous
>>
Bonus points for OP using original The Bleeding cover.
>>
>>69204735
Why do they need the E D G Y album art anyway? What's the point? We get it. You're a metal band. Fuck sakes...
>>
>>69205401
Why wouldn't a fucking death metal band called CANNIBAL CORPSE have an edgy cover?
>>
>>69205401
"Edgy" needs to fucking die.
>>
>>69205505
yeah i only listen to music with no edge at all like lionel ritchie and michael bolton
>>
>>69205444
Look I'm just saying I don't get the appeal. I worded it dickishly and I apologize. But still, I do NOT get the appeal of this genre or cover art like that shit.

If you like it that's great. It's just not for me.

(Nice trips)

>>69205505
Edgy was a poor word choice. I guess 'over the top' is what I meant?
>>
>>69205401
edgy = cool
>>
>>69205567
That album cover is actually pretty tame when compared to, say Butchered at Birth or Eaten Back to Life. That's what makes CC so fun to me....it's pretty much all tongue in cheek.
>>
>>69205567
It's because death metal is an over the top genre by design.
>>
>>69205665
>tongue in cheek.
So the gore on the cover is a joke, in a way?

>>69205677
I understand that. Like I said, it's just not for me. I'm trying to understand the appeal.
>>
>>69205709
>I'm trying to understand the appeal.
It's extreme.
>>
>>69205709
You could say that. They were just a bunch of kids in the Buffalo NY area that wanted to start a band. It's all in jest. The lyrics and artwork are over the top and they know it.
>>
>>69205755
Alright, thanks for explaining.

>>69205738
So that's the appeal for most people? Alright. That's understandable.

Now I just gotta get past the vocal style*.

*(That part's a joke please don't kill me, again its just not my taste)
>>
>>69205794
No worries. It's not for everyone, that's for sure.
>>
>>69205840
What else do you like aside from metal? You seem like a cool guy.
>>
>>69205870
A lot of music, really, not just metal.
>>
>>69205898
What are some of your favorites? Metal and non-metal?
>>
>>69205794
The album cover is somewhat relevant to their music also, as all their songs are about detailed murder and gore imagery.
Plus their album covers were so graphic that they got banned in many countries, which in turn helped them, since more people want to hear/see banned material.
>>
>>69205909
Such a broad question I like anything from Miles Davis, to Meshuggah.
>>
>>69205924
>as all their songs are about detailed murder and gore imagery
I'm not surprised

>banned in many countries, which in turn helped them, since more people want to hear/see banned material
Very smart business move on their part.
>>
>>69205945
Do you have a top 5? Any specific favorites?
>>
>>69205924
Yup. Even if you don't like the band and that type of music, Centuries of Torment (documentary) on YouTube is interesting to see how the band got started/evolved.
>>
>Autechre

They probably know a shit ton about computers, programming and all that, so that's cool for them, I guess.

>Blur
I actually like Gorillaz, so at least Damon is not a terrible musician

>Wavves
They probably had a lot of fun recording their music
>>
>>69205968
Tough question but I would say Iron Maiden, older Metallica, older In Flames, older Cannibal Corpse, and Meshuggah but that list could change given the mood.
>>
>>69206094
Cool. Here's my top 5 if you're curious.

>David Bowie
>Bjork
>Billy Joel
>Stevie Wonder
>Herbie Hancock
>>
>>69206109
Great choices. Definitely a fan of each.
>>
>>69205948
Cannibal Corpse is actually pretty okay when you look at the metal genre that they helped spawn.

Look up "Slam" metal with wonderful bands such as Waking The Cadaver and Torsofuck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVI6aT2kqmw
>>
>>69206109
Billy Joel was at Madison Square garden a few nights months ago and I really wished I went to see him.
>>
>>69206145
Love slam.
>>
>>69206146
Damn....Wonder what the setlist was.

>>69206145
How.
Do you.
Listen to this...?
>>
>>69206127
I've been on a BIG Herbie kick lately. I'm hoping to have a playlist done by the time there's another playlist thread.

>>69206145
I'm sorry I have to ask twice.
How the fuck do you listen to this?
I'm trying not to judge your tastes but...Holy fuck...I hate it.
>>
>>69206212
>>69206241
Try a more accessible band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep0vCSwP1f4
>>
>>69206241
Herbie is a genius. When Rockit came out it took over the airways. It was a special time.
>>
Slam is not a genre that's easy to get into. At least for me, it took a long time for me to really like it, but I cannot listen to it in my car.
>>
>>69206309
Haven't gotten up to the album with Rockit on it. About to finish 'Magic Windows'

>>69206295
>'more accessible'
>Almost exactly the same
Not a fan. Sorry.
Is he even saying words?
>>
BMTH has good album covers. I fucking despise that band and that whole genre more than most things
>>
>>69206212
>>69206241
GET HYPE AS FUCK. It's the only genre I feel "gross" for listening to though.
>>
>>69206362
Is 'hype as fuck' slang for drugs/Alcohol?
I'm not old enough to get wasted enough to like this shit.

(Trying not to call it shit since people like it but ....I can't help it I'm sorry. Screamo has to be the worse thing in music)
>>
>>69206358
Interesting. I got into them very late and love them. Saw them in NYC last year and love them even more. Oh, and btw, I am an educated, professional metalhead.
>>
>>69206401
>Screamo has to be the worse thing in music
Oh you're trolling.
>>
>>69204793
Not OP but they're the least interesting death metal band on the planet
>>
>>69206794
Name one (1) thing that's worse than screamo when it comes to music.
>>
>>69206973
Kinda agree
>>
>>69204777
Agreed. Frusciante is a fantastic guitarrist.
>>
>>69206973
There are way less interesting death metal bands out there. Dismember, Obituary, Entrails, fucking Six Feet Under...
>>
>>69207830
>Six Feet Under
Definitely. Wtf happened to Barnes? He fucking became shittier and shittier
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.