[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate Lil wayne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: Why.jpg (102KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
102KB, 960x960px
What has Lil Wayne done to garner the hate he receives in the mainstream casual discussions found in places like reddit?
>>
You can blame it on 14 year olds who are born in "the wrong generation"
>>
>>69204249
reddit probably worships lil wayne more than anywhere else
>>
>>69204249
I don't really know where it comes from. It's so obviously undeserved though. Wayne is one of the best rappers ever and if you don't think so you haven't heard the right music or you have really really bad taste
>>
Anyone who claims Lil Wayne is "Talentless" is either under the age of 15 and listens to Eminem or just a fat troglodyte. Lil Wayne (next to Kanye of course) Is thee most inspirational artist of the 2000s. If it were not for Wayne we wouldn't have artist like Kendrick, Black Hippy, Vince Staples, Childish Gambino, Curren$y, and much more. Not only did he inspire people but he started a wave. Lil Wayne also has multiple classic albums, The Carter series, The Dedication Series, The Wait Series, and The No Ceilings Series. People give Lil Wayne less credit then he deserves. And this is only scraping what Lil Wayne did for this generation.
>>
>>69205658
This is all true. Think of all the 90s rappers who bear a strong influence on everyone who came after. The 2000s decade was equally as innovative but split between pretty much only 3 rappers: wayne, kanye, and gucci. and Wayne outclasses both in regards to just pure fundamentals of the way rappers rap. He changed the style of the instrument to an enormous degree
>>
>>69205658
NO CEILINGS! yes dude thats a 10/10 mixtape, so many memorable lines
>concrete shoes won't help in the river: I don't care if you was Michael Phelps my nigga!
>take the brain off the whip now it don't make no sense
>gotta take care of them kids man i know you heard obama!
>>
File: 1462505845643.gif (2MB, 359x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462505845643.gif
2MB, 359x360px
Finally someone else on here thinks this
>>
>I said T.I. hold ya head
And Mack hold ya head
Wish I could, but I can’t say some other names ‘cause of the feds!
>I’m a New Orleans nigga, I don’t take no shit
Take the brain off the whip, now it don’t make no sense
>You think we gon’ do our thing?
Well ain’t it sunny in the summer?
>
I love my baby mommas, they get my highest honor
Gotta take care o’ them kids, Man I know you heard Obama
>>
>>69205658
Exactly. People treat Lil Wayne purely just because he fell over the years. But by that logic, Nas, Jay Z, MF DOOM, Eminem and Kanye are also shit.
>>
ITT: /mu/ comes full circle

Show me a DOOM or Kanye verse that stacks up to Wayne's verse on Cannon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeEVla7PVH8
>>
Its because of children who only know about his young money phase with Nikki and Drake.

Only oldfags respects wheezy because they were listening to Wheezy in his prime.

Guy has so many classic albums its not even funny. Hiphops workaholic. No one else was able to pump out hits like Wheezy and no one ever will.

I'll be bumping dedication 2 till the day the feds decide I'm unfit to drive.
>>
no u faggots don't remember when the radio stations spammed A MILLI A MILLI
EVERY HOUR ON THE FUCKING HOUR
PEOPLE GOT SICK OF HIM
SO KIDS DECIDED TO SPEW A HE AINT REAL RAP CAMPAIGN
THEN JAY-Z AND JOE BUDDEN CALLED HIM OUT FOR HIS AUTOTUNE USAGE AND STARTED CALLING HIM MIXTAPE WEEZY
THERES LAYERS TO THIS SHIT
>>
File: 1478713986072.jpg (170KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478713986072.jpg
170KB, 800x800px
>Lil Wayne bars threads

The best threads this board ever has. A /mu/ staple in its own right.
>>
File: TryHarder.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
TryHarder.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
>adults talking about Lil Wayne in a serious manner
Hip-hop is the least challenging, most entry-level genre in existence. The only adults I know who still listen to hip-hop are wiggers who sell drugs and date high school girls. Grow up.
>>
https://youtu.be/r3fLQjpM7vg

Wayne's entire verse on this track
Gets me nostalgic
>>
>>69205987
Agreed.
>>
>>69205746
>AYO TIP, is you tipping or what?
>I just tipped the waitress, that bitch ain't going to work in a month

W E W
E
W
>>
Rap's the main thing i listen to, never listened to Wayne, what do I listen to?
>>
File: 2u8kuxk.gif (2MB, 294x200px) Image search: [Google]
2u8kuxk.gif
2MB, 294x200px
>Hello motherfucker hey hi how ya do'ern?
>It's weezy f baby come to take a shit and urine on the toilet bowl bitches pussy ass niggas
>Stomping on this beat like a motherfucker sigma

This always gets me so hyped
>>
File: 1429913497478.png (487KB, 434x660px) Image search: [Google]
1429913497478.png
487KB, 434x660px
The music from which he was most influential (pre-Carter II, his mixtapes) was not the music you'd hear on the Billboard charts, and was not the kind of music Wayne became a household name on.

That's the major reason, in my mind. You have two different groups talking about two different things in the context of one person's career. His status in the history of hiphop is well-cemented, the only real debate is where he falls in relation to the other greats (which I think we'll need to wait another decade to determine).
>>
>>69206530
start with No Ceilings then Tha Carter albums
>>
>>69207207
Thanks, will do
>>
>>69207794
im not as big of a wayne fan as others tho so you should still ask around some more which ones are best to start with
>>
>>69207821
Hmm alright, I'll ask around tomorrow then, gonna go to bed now
>>
his 2006-2008 mixtape run up thru carter 3 was one of the best stretches of any rapper, ever.

the hate, at least in my opinion, comes from how he went from absolutely being at the top of his craft to being a lazy, lean-addled middle of the road popstar
>>
>>69206530
>>69207898
dude just listen to da drought 3

the best he's ever done
>>
Weezy F baby
the F is for _______
>>
Proper Doom
>>
why are you mad that a few people are discussing music they enjoy?
>>
>>69208403
meant for
>>69208133
>>
Lil Wayne way more intelligent than people give him credit for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgO5842riOs
>>
>>69208133
The man was pumping out 5 albums a year, one of them was bound to be shit
>>
>>69208515
and it just so happened to be the one where he stopped rapping to indulge his papa roach fetish

who would've thunk
>>
>>69208319
If you were naked in a pit with him could you smash his pretty teeth out? Once concussed on the floor use his hair as a swing on his drank loving face into your fist
>>
>>69206125
try harder, lol
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.