[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strawberry Fields Forever or Good Vibrations, which is the greatest?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Beatles-Strawberry-Fields.jpg (44KB, 590x345px) Image search: [Google]
Beatles-Strawberry-Fields.jpg
44KB, 590x345px
Strawberry Fields Forever or Good Vibrations, which is the greatest?
>>
Strawberry. Contrarions are immediately going to come in and say the Beatles are overrated though
>>
Good vibrations > Strawberry fields forever
>>
>>69204024

Good Vibrations
Try it against a better Beatles song though
>>
>>69204183
b-but there isn't one...
>>
What about penny lane vs strawberry fields
>>
>>69204024
Good Vibrations, but The Beatles were the better band and Strawberry is still an excellent song and objectively one of the greatest tracks in the history of pop music
>>
I made a poll for you, friends :)

http://www.strawpoll.me/11705288
>>
>>69204214
penny lane
>>
Good Vibrations is a disjointed mess albeit with some catchy melodies and a passable attempt at cohesive polyphony in the chorus which manage to compensate somewhat for the bland lyrics.
>>
>>69204201

Yesterday
Hey Jude
Let It Be
Revolution
Blackbird
Lucy
>>
>>69204435
What are you on about
>>
Good Vibrations is a great song, and a truky groundbreaking one at that. But its harmonies, while very well executed, just don't do that much for me. When it breaks and comes to the slow part however, I get chills every time. Stunning piece of work.

But Strawberry Fields Forever is the pinnacle of human achievement in songwriting. There is not a more beautiful, atmospheric, and enchating single released since pop music has been recorded. Everything about it is so gorgeous. Controversial opinion here possibly, but I actually orefer it in stereo. Listening to the stereo remaster with good heaphones is absolute bliss.

SFF is so good that I refuse to believe any Scaruffi posters are being unironic. The thing that amazes me the most The Beatles is that SFF is not uninamously seen as their best song. Imagine any other artists creating a song that immense and it still not being their clear best. Same goes for A Day in the Life, Rain, Norwegian Wood, Tomorrow Never Knows, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, etc. That band defied logic.
>>
>>69204455
what?
>>
>>69204649

YESTERDAY
HEY JUDE
LET IT BE
REVOLUTION
BLACKBIRD
LUCY
>>
They please different sensibilities to music, SFF is atmospheric and coherent while GV is all over the place

The chorus is just too fucking catchy for me not to out it over tho
Its like a revolver
>>
>>69204455
While I don't agree that any of those are better than Strawberry, it's a perfectly acceptable list. That is besides Let It Be. I don't dislike the song but it's a bit cheesy and I'm not a massive fan of gospel. I struggle to see that being placed ahead the creative genius of Strawberry.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.