[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this going to be the Boyhood of music? (aka a mediocre album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 50songmemoir.jpg (464KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
50songmemoir.jpg
464KB, 620x620px
Is this going to be the Boyhood of music?
(aka a mediocre album with an aging/time passing gimmick that will blind people to its sub-par writing)
>>
>can't into Boyhood
How subversive and unique.
>>
File: 9dc.png (313KB, 701x394px) Image search: [Google]
9dc.png
313KB, 701x394px
>>69195420
>How subversive and unique.
It's a pretty shit film desu. Unmemorable characters, predictable and uninspired writing, shit-tier cinematography, if they wanted to make the film feel like watching paint dry and mundanity is the point then they succeeded but I honestly can't fathom how people could see such an uninspired poorly written film as the masterpiece the media tried to claim it was.
>>
>>69195473
legit meme opinion
>>
>>69195594
nicely articulated retort :^)
>>
>>69195420

I can into Boyhood. I can get why the movie has no huge plot and is mostly clean of "big dramatic moments" because that's what life is like, and we should learn to appreciate the little moments just like what Boyhood learns to do in the movie.

That just doesn't stop it from being boring as hell and having terrible cingey dialogue.

Also Magnetic Fields haven't made a good album since the 90s. If this does get some critical acclaim because of its gimmick, it will be forgotten quickly just like how no one cares about Boyhood anymore.
>>
>>69195724
>no one cares about Boyhood anymore
That's why it just got a Criterion reissue, right?

>Magnetic Fields haven't made a good album since the 90s.
That's true. Apparently the songs he released ahead of this album are really good so I'm curious
>>
File: 1478618471099.jpg (19KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
1478618471099.jpg
19KB, 367x332px
>>69195777

>That's why it just got a Criterion reissue, right?

please
>>
>>69195724
the movie doesn't need big dramatic moments but who wants to watch a boring fucking movie, if the point is for it to be boring af, they succeeded but the dialogue is atrocious and the "little moments" the movie wants you to appreciate are just uninteresting and often cringey moments with wooden acting from the kids. Most people I know have way more interesting lives than that film.
>>
>>69195777
>Criterion

lmao
>>
>>69195797
>>69195931
So what's wrong with Criterion exactly
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>69195944
le meme collection
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.