[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Justice_-_Woman_artwork[1].jpg (84KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
Justice_-_Woman_artwork[1].jpg
84KB, 628x628px
Can we talk about this? I know some of /mu/ likes to think it's above anything people have actually heard of but I really like Justice and I know some others here do too.
I just listened to this album and I'm seriously underwhelmed. What happened to the sound, the kind of energy, even the *level* of energy, that they used to have? This is all R&Bish and rockish and just so fucking soft. There are a few sections of songs that almost pop but in the end nothing does. Also why the fuck do they have more and more lyrics on their songs and why are the lyrics so fucking muffled and muddy in this?
What happened? Are they ever going to get their spark back?
>>
House Fighters of Foo
>>
>>69185686
what?
>>
>>69186380
it's a meme, don't worry about it
>>
Can anyone recommend a similar artist or group for someone who's looking for more of how Justice used to sound?
>>
>>69187431
Daft Punk maybe? Although not quite.
>>
>>69187431
Soulwax - Any Minute Now
Soulwax - Nite Versions
SebastiAn - Total
>>
i feel you OP
how old are this fellas anyway?
>>
>>69187431
Mr. Oizo definitely has some stuff that sounds like Cross
>>
>>69187431
Anything under Ed Banger Records
>>
File: 1390567932668.jpg (64KB, 458x613px) Image search: [Google]
1390567932668.jpg
64KB, 458x613px
>>69184442
>Band peaks on their first album

Do the shiggy diggy digg
1 2 3 4 5
>>
>>69184442
While I am a bit sad that they've moved away from the sound of Cross, I thoroughly enjoyed Woman. They seem to have refined the disco tech style that they didn't get quite right with AVD, and Woman is pretty good in that regard.
>>
File: shadowofyourcross.jpg (882KB, 2927x3667px) Image search: [Google]
shadowofyourcross.jpg
882KB, 2927x3667px
>it's a "where's Cross pt.2" thread
>>
>>69184442
I never listened to Justice and then I listened to Woman like 4 times. Now I just listened to Cross. I appreciated Cross' minimal features, heavier sampling, and overall greater prevalence of the instrumental house they seem to have perfected on that record. However, Woman is pretty much exactly what I would expect from Justice in 2016. Looking back on it, it could have done without many of the features. Of the tracks that are instrumental, "Alakazam !" is the only good one. "Chorus" is simply not interesting and goes on for 7 minutes for the sake of going on for 7 minutes. "Heavy Metal" is okay and "Close Call" is as bland and uninspired as a closer can get.

Cross: 9.5/10
Woman: 7.0/10
>>
File: b65760b24a4e614ad0d9ae840106657f.jpg (251KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
b65760b24a4e614ad0d9ae840106657f.jpg
251KB, 1024x768px
chorus and heavy metal do it for me, it kind of sounds like how dark and sinister there old music was,
but it also sounds experienced and matured .
the album amps up in the later tracks for me, but i don't think we're ever gonna have justice melt our faces off anymore. im ok with that
xavier and gaspard are getting old, i just look
back at the documentary from their cross tour
and understand theyve probablty burned out of
fire that made cross a long time ago. still a fan
hope they do something planisphere esque or
do some remixes this years
>>
>>69188527
Gaspard is 37 and Xavier is 34.
>>
>>69188663
I mean, I think I know what style they're going for, and they nailed it. It is quite listenable, but it's not a repeat listen for me like most of their first album and several songs from their second album.
>>69188858
maybe
glad someone gets it though
>>
File: image.png (335KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
335KB, 459x459px
>Still Waters was good but overall disappointing
>Ibiforbia was good but overall disappointing
>All Wet was good but over disappointing
>the goddamn return of fucking Justice and going full disco was good but overall disappointing

Save us, Seb.
>>
>>69184442
It's kinda boring. idk cant dig it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.