[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all, who had the best solo career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: Beatles70.png (346KB, 496x501px) Image search: [Google]
Beatles70.png
346KB, 496x501px
Let's settle this once and for all, who had the best solo career?
>>
George had the best solo album
Paul probably had the best overall
John had the most consistently good
Ringo had a solo career
>>
>>69180673
John, and it's not even close.

Paul had some great stuff but John's music is just majestical and he is in my opinion the greatest lyricist ever. Ive had acid trips that just end up with me weeping to his songs because of the significance they carry both in my life and with the world at large. His messages are louder now than they ever have been and in general his songs carry more emotional weight than ANY other contemporary musicians.
>>
>>69180851
>drugs
Opinion discarded
>>
>>69180851
>having to take drugs to fully appreciate music
sucks to be you :(
>>
John only had a great and a decent album. Rest of his work was trash.
>>
>>69180673
this is spot on
>>
File: Cover.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
Is Temporary Secretary the worst song of all time?
>>
>>69180864
>>69180874
>Not choosing to take a substance that will enhance you're reality and perceptive skills, making you superhuman within you're own abilities while the universes wisdom becomes installed within you.

Yeah you just don't understand it. It's not about the music when you take something so significant.
>>
File: IMG_4609.jpg (148KB, 600x1023px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4609.jpg
148KB, 600x1023px
>>69180654
paul's music gets too cutesy lovey dovey without john there to add a little darkness. Soo, for me at least, John had the best solo stuff.
>>
>>69181055
Enjoy the brain damage
>>
>>69181055
this has to be bait
>>
>>69180864
>>69180874
Oh and also, I don't need acid to enjoy anything but why not enhance the feelings that you want to embrace?

I swear you guys are pleb at life
>>
Lennon was edgier, I like him more. While Paul was happy making catchy love songs, Lennon called it "granny music shit"
>>
Ram was easily better than anything the others did
>>
>>69181067
Enjoy being a sheep
>>
>>69181078
Feds forced the meme that acid causes brain damage to convince the American public to stop using acid.

>21,967 respondents (13.4% weighted) reported lifetime psychedelic use. There were no significant associations between lifetime use of any psychedelics, lifetime use of specific psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, peyote), or past year use of LSD and increased rate of any of the mental health outcomes. Rather, in several cases psychedelic use was associated with lower rate of mental health problems.
>>
Lennon's material was inconsistent as fuck without McCartney to render his hard edges out.

Go listen to the Yoko half of Double Fantasy again and tell me he had the greatest solo career with a straight fucking face: you can't.
>>
File: To Hell With The Beatles.jpg (20KB, 297x376px) Image search: [Google]
To Hell With The Beatles.jpg
20KB, 297x376px
McCartney solo/Wings > The Beatles >>> Lennon solo > Harrison solo > Ringo solo
>>
What do you mean by "Best"?
>>
>>69181424
Thanks for trying to help me de-sheep.

I'd go as far as to say the whole "War On Drugs" is strictly about restricting the use of psychedelic substances because the last thing the American Government would want is for people to start finding answers within themselves.
>>69181442
I swear you are not listening to Lennon's music with the correct mindset.
>>
>>69181442
>listen to yokos songs
>to prove that john wasn't consistent
>>
>>69180673
This is true
Though I would add that Ringo had some of the better early singles, alongside John.
>>
>>69180673
>John had the most consistently good

>those yoko ono collabs
>consistently good

Paul could have made an album entirely composed of the sound of him shitting and his oeuvre would still be more consistent than the Beatle who ruined his solo output by inexplicably working with a yowling banshee with virtually no musical talent. He also died before he had a chance to REALLY start going downhill (the '80s would not have been kind to him). Lennon/Plastic Ono Band is the only good solo album he ever put out and Imagine ain't bad either.
>>
They all had great solo albums (except for you know who), and had a bunch of shitty albums too. It's really just what style you like more.
>>
>>69181701
I was discounting the early Ono collabs because I don't really see them as proper albums, more as art pieces or something. But yeah, they were a load of wank.
>>
>>69180654
Musically, John.

Otherwise, Paul.
>>
This is easy, It's George hands down
>>
>Paul
everything after Ram was played out and uninspired
>John
Plastic Ono Band is god tier and the guy could write a good pop song and still have it sound like it meant something
>George
similar to paul, had a decent - albeit triple - album and then stopped innovating
>Ringo
>why not
>>
>>69181061
I would love to know the story behind this picture
>>
>>69181992
Yoko ruined the musical career that John could have had
>>
>>69182125
Ravi Shankar and acid.
>>
>>69181067
>psychedelics
>brain damage

He's not smoking crack or huffing paint, nigga. Calm down.
>>
File: p01bqfln.jpg (65KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
p01bqfln.jpg
65KB, 960x540px
let's bring peace & love to this thread
>>
>>69181493
this desu
>>
>>69182146
Yoko inspired John to write some of his best works
>>
>>69181442
Remember that Paul's solo career was very inconsistent as well
>>
All things must pass is better than anything by the Beatles
>>
>>69182355
And everything George did after All Things was shit. None of them has consistently good albums.
>>
>>69182146
P L E B
L
E
B
>>
>>69182386
Even the boring filler half?
>>69182456
Wrong. But even if you were right, you'd understand why John had the least amount of bad albums
>>
>>69180851
You know what carries weight? The dump I'll take on your chest if you ever post here again.
>>
>>69182293
>>69182466

His best works were in the Beatles you dips
>>
>>69182649
yeah, and tracks like Happiness Is A Warm Gun and I Want You were inspired by Yoko.
>>
>>69182649
He was with Yoko while still in the Beatles you silly faggot
>>
>>69182679
>Implying he wasn't better before she became involved in the creative process with that number 9 bullshit
>>
>>69182456
wrong. Living in the Material World and the Travelling Wilburys.
>>
They all (except Ringo) have one really good solo album and then a bunch of random singles and deep-cuts that are pretty good. Can't really say any of them had a significantly better solo career than the other.
>>
>>69182467
Because he died?
>>
>>69182766
Travelling Wilburys doesn't count, he wasn't even the most famous member of the group.
>>
>>69181701
>also died before he had a chance to REALLY start going downhill (the '80s would not have been kind to him)

It would have been as crappy as Bob Dylan's 80s albums, amirite?
>>
Everything Yoko Ono did was unlistenable screaming and fuck Christgau for giving her albums As.
>>
>>69180864
You should discard all Beatles songs after Rubber Soul then
>>
>>69180654
George was the only guy who was srs
>>
>>69180654
Harrison was consistent even if he had some less good albums. A 8 at best and 6 at worst.

Lennon had two great albums and then shitty ones including many ugly halfjap. Also he didn't make anything for almost 5 years and then died. He didn't had an abrupt downfall wich helps his memory. A 9 at best and 5 at worst.

McCartney had more wonderful songs than the others but was inconsistent as fuark. 8.5 at best and 5 at worst.

Ringo tried hard and was 6 at best and 3 at worst.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.