[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guitar Buying Advice for a Newbie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Acoustic-Guitar[1].jpg (24KB, 936x518px) Image search: [Google]
Acoustic-Guitar[1].jpg
24KB, 936x518px
I'm thinking of buying a used guitar just to shit around with. Would like some advice on what to look for/avoid, good brands, models/types that are good, and any advice for a beginner.
Looking for something inexpensive. Probably going to go look at garage sales, craigslist/kijiji/ebay and see what's cheap.
Also not sure how genre of music relates to choice of guitar. Most of the guitar based music I like (disco, funk, jazz, post-rock) use electric but I'm thinking acoustic since I don't want to spend money on amps, cords and stuff; and the switch shouldn't be too difficult if I do end up liking it since the mechanics of playing are the same.
Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>69174578
Yamaha tend to make decent starter guitars.
>>
If you really don't plan on playing any acoustic music, just buy an electric, they're usually cheaper and buying an amp is not something you have to do to practice.
>>
>>69174776
That is true. I'm not really into country/folk and I can't sing. I just thought it'd be a cheaper way to get the basics down of how to play notes, scales and chords without worrying about the complexities of amps, pedals, effects, etc.
Any recommendations for inexpensive electric starter guitars?
>>
If you really have no interest at all in playing acoustic music, then yeah, go for an electric guitar. Yamaha has their own brand of Stratocaster copies that sound solid and are remarkably inexpensive; they start from about the $150 range. Talk to your local guitar store employees about your price range for amps and equipment. All things considered you could probably get started playing for as low as $350.

Check the /gg/ for more help
>>
go to >>>/gg/ you stupid faggot and stay answerless like the rest of us.

But seriously, If you cant sing for shit and are not even a little bit in unplugged stuff just buy a cheap electric and a studio amp. You can find them for like 30$.

If not, dont start with a very cheap steel string because that can be a bitch, they can be the hardest guitars to play. Start on a nylon string to build strenght and then if you want to move forward try a variety of steelstrings and see what's best for you.
There's really no way to tell unless you try. I've played some 400$ dollars Cort that literally felt like piece of rocks and some 200$ Eko that were really easy. it's up to you and how you feel about the instrument.
>>
>>69175173
There's nothing complex about buying a cheap practice amp and plugging a guitar into it...
>>
>buy the hardest accoustic strings you can find
>tie them together into a rope
>step onto a chair
>put the rooe around your neck and tie it
>jump from the chair
That is if the roof can stand the weight of your lardass. And next time you should know to take your plebbit tier questions back to where they belong
>>
>>69177476
You're right. Any advice on a guitar? I think a Squier Stratocastor might be a good buy.

>>69177750
>put the rooe around your neck and tie it
>rooe
>>
>>69174607
seconding this, can't go wrong with a yamaha classical.
>>
>>69177827
If you buy a squier strat, get a Vintage Modified or Classic Vibe. The Affinitys and Bullets are trash.
>>
Go to the pawn shop, and get their least expensive guitar.
>>
CL is a good way to go if you can find something. I got an $850 Fender for $250
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.