[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"rap"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: 3640782.jpg (10KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
3640782.jpg
10KB, 150x150px
I am officially confused. How is this infantile drivel that much better than all the other infantile drivel released afterward by this infantile group of illiterate gangstaz?

Am I autistic not to recognize the 4.19-average brilliance of this anti-brilliant collection of empty-headed rhymes? Or did I forget to inhale my monthly dose of toasted Bolivian mushrooms?

An absolutely boring-as-hell collection of non-songs. Hipsterism needs to be abolished by law. I wish music fans would shift their focus back on music, coz this is getting quite ridiculous.
>>
>>69171451
>infantile drivel
but isn't it all
>>
>>69171535
Prove it.
>>
>>69171548
"There is no escape from the noise called music"
"Toxic stain of tiresome familiarity"
"You literally cannot be surprised by music any more"

If you didn't like this infantile drivel, listen to some other infantile drivel. Whatever makes you feel good.
>>
>>69171451
Not sure if this is b8 or not, but I agree with it anyways.
>>
>>69171588
Yeah, good morning to all you motherfuckin notty-headed niggaz
Word to the camoflouge large niggaz
Bitch niggaz fuckin my body
Bring that fuckin meth in here
Yo yo yo yo"
>>
>>69171535
Not him, but here are some examples I found through a quick google search.

Cash rules everything around me:
CREAM, get the money
Dollar, dollar bill y'all

Bring da motherfucking ruckus
Bring da mother, bring da motherfucking ruckus

Who selling cain, I'm giving out a deadly game
It's not the Russian it's the Wu-Tang crushing roulette
Slip up and get fucked like Suzette
Bring da fucking ruckus

The way I make the crowd go wild
Sit back relax, won't smile, Rae got it going on pal
Call me the rap assassinator
Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger

The Ol' Dirty Bastard is dirty and stinking
Ason Unique rollin' with the night of the creeps
Niggas be rollin' with a stash, ain't sayin' cash
Bite my style I'll bite your motherfucking ass

Shame on a nigga who try to run game on a nigga
Wu buck wild with the trigger
Shame on a nigga who try to run game on a nigga
I'll fuck your ass up!
Now, we can come to the conclusion that this music can only be enjoyed by people who have underdeveloped and infantile taste.
>>
PRODUCTION AND FLOW OVER LYRICS
>>
>>69171644
>>69171618
>Taking lyrics at face value
How is it even possible to be this autistic? Try listening to the actual music to understand why it's praised: the production and group dynamics (the contrasting deliveries and flows) of this record are exceptional
>>
>>69171759
Listening to it now. The production is pretty terrible, my man. There is absolutely nothing interesting going on here. Musically there is nothing to talk about, nothing to analyze, nothing to marvel at. Sonically speaking, nothing interesting is happening either. There are these few cuts that could be cool but are done in really bad taste, as if they were made by a real street nigger who thinks gold chains are stylish.

And honestly, group dynamics? Don't make me laugh. I can get the same experience by seeing a mob of european soccer fanatics/hooligans yell obscenities at the opposing team.

Just be honest, man. This isn't good.
>>
36 chambers came out at a time where lyricism wasn't as praised in hiphop. You'll be able to find much better lyricism on their second record; Wu-Tang Forever.
>>
>>69171618
That's like from a skit from the start of a song

If your going to try to discredit Wu, please try harder

>>69171644
And for the most part you cherrypicked choruses, damn your cancer
>>
This is bad bait.

>>69171862
Really bad bait by a /pol/tard
>>
ITT: autists find wu-tang 2deep4me and vent their insecurities here

how does it feel to know you'll never understand why this album is objectively good?
>>
>>69171897
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cherrypick choruses, I just took parts I remember hearing before and in other cases just looked at the lyrics and read random parts and pasted those.

But actually, even if I did cherry pick choruses, how does that make having terrible choruses acceptable?

>>69171905
I don't go on /pol/, I think they're infantile and exactly the kind of people who would love Wu-Tang, if only they weren't black.
>>
>>69171943
>terrible choruses
How? You're still taking the text at face value without factoring in how it's delivered
>>
I can't believe someones taste can be this shit
>>
>>69171961
Or context or anything, they don't care nor do they care to understand, fuck em

i'm out can't take this bait no mo
>>
>>69171961
Listen, be honest with yourself. Truthfully, can you say that a section like this can be made up for by the way it's "delivered"?

>Bring da motherfucking ruckus
>Bring da mother, bring da motherfucking ruckus

Eitherway, I'm listening to the album right now to try to see your point, as I mentioned in the other post. The delivery of any of the lines I mentioned so far is really nothing special. It's quite boring actually.
>>
GHOSTFACE CATCH THE BLAST OF A HYPE VERSE MY GLOCK BURSTS LEAVE IN A HEARSE I DID WORSE

Incredible album
>>
it's just unrelenting energy and aggression the whole way through with a healthy dose of humour and a little sadness. there isn't a lot of other rap that manages to be this consistently exciting amongst as large and varied an audience as it does- everything just kind of falls into place to create something that hasn't really been replicated. it's quotable as hell and it bangs.

>>69172002
this is actually the epitome of what that guy is talking about. the delivery of that line makes me want to wreck shit.
>>
>>69172025
Oh yeah sure, I find the album so far very boring, but if you get excited by it that's great and all, but that doesn't actually make it any good musically, as a piece of art. At the end of the day all they're doing is instigating and to an extent exploiting the primal instinct within us but it doesn't actually achieve any spiritual fulfillment and definitely doesn't give the line BRING DA MOTHAFUKAN RUKAS any more value than it does at face value.

Anyway, there's far more interesting music you could listen to for the same effect as well as the more artistic and higher emotional macros you can be affected by all at once, they might take more patience but are objectively and subjectively better than Enter the Wu-Tang. I think maybe somebody more educated and well versed in music will always find things like this more boring than less developed individuals as they haven't actually yet recognized how much more can be and has been achieved and how little this particular album even TRIES to achieve.

It's entertaining in the same way a terrible block buster action movie is entertaining. That doesn't make it any good.
>>
>>69172110
im sorry your taste is shit and you can't comprehend music
>>
>>69172110
the way you talk about art seems to imply that only media that brings 'spiritual fulfilment' (lol) is worthwhile, but i see very little reason for this to be true. it's possible for many different types of music to be used for many different types of purposes that bring varied forms of pleasure or stimulation.
your ideas of 'objectively good' media are based around arbitrary/subjective values and criteria that more closely reflect your own consumption patterns and your own demands than anything else. there are plenty of people who are 'educated' and 'well-versed' in music who find use for visceral/physical music- go to a conservatory or any music school and you'll find them. you may not be one of them, but don't kid yourself with this psuedo-moralistic thinking about people's relationships with media.
>>
>>69172209
Do you feel God's love when you listen to Wu-Tang?
>>
>rap
>good
simply E B I N
>>
>>69171644

>I love you jesus chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist
>Jesus christ I love you yes i dooooooooooooo
>I love you jesus chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist
>Jesus christ I love you yes i dooooooooooooo
>>
>>69172232
You need to understand that I don't think there's anything wrong with needing some visceral power shit. I just think that there are forms of music that can achieve that same thing while also giving you the transcendental feeling art strives towards.

Maybe you'll only understand once you've felt that true fulfillment I'm talking about.
>>
>>69172237
Not that anon, but I feel the universe's love when listening to Wu Tang
>>
>>69172322
again, the judgements you're making about this music are about your own relationship with it. media doesn't have to strive towards any kind of 'transcendental' feeling to be worthwhile; the only thing that makes it worthwhile is the ability of people to find use in it and develop relationships with it. enter the wu-tang really is the pinnacle of what it sets out to be- the sheer impact that it has had and continues to have demonstrates its usefulness and the strength of its craftsmanship.

>Maybe you'll only understand once you've felt that true fulfillment I'm talking about.
i literally have. i hope someday you'll grow out of schopenhauer's drivel.
>>
>>69171451
>Am I autistic not to recognize the 4.19-average

yep
>>
File: screaming.jpg (50KB, 640x610px) Image search: [Google]
screaming.jpg
50KB, 640x610px
>it's another "everything but country and rap" opinion

get a new bit
>>
>>69172443
I have nothing against Schopenhauer but have never found him particularly interesting. His understanding of what I'm trying to describe here is quite infantile.

I don't think you're being honest with yourself in your attempts to state that Enter the Wu-Tang is somehow worthwhile. I know this because you keep projecting as if I am somehow having a relationship with what we are discussing. None of what I have said has anything to do with my relationship with Wu-Tang. I am analyzing it as objectively as humanly possible. I had never listened to this album before this thread.

As I mentioned before, I am not one to judge on you finding this album to be entertaining, but it is objectively boring and unfulfilling, dishonest, morally degenerate and monotonous, uninspiring and lacking in creativity, imagination, sentiment and feeling.
>>
File: 1280x1280.jpg (348KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1280x1280.jpg
348KB, 1280x1280px
>>69171688
But what about all 3?
>>
>>69171644
>Who selling cain, I'm giving out a deadly game
>It's not the Russian it's the Wu-Tang crushing roulette
ya played yourself
>>
>>69172575
I referred to a particularly childish, lame and stupid line from the album?
>>
>>69171451
Listen to fucking prog then you painfully white fag
>>
>>69172643
>painfully white
you fucking idiot
>>
>>69172545
when i talk about having a 'relationship' with music, i mean it in the sense of an individual's subjective reaction and not a relationship in the way that you're using the word.
you may *think* that you are being objective, but all of the things that you have listed about the album are things that have to do with your feelings and not anything outside your own head.
'boring', 'unfulfilling' and 'uninspiring' are all descriptors that relate more closely to individual human reactions than to objects- in order to make claims about the objective boringness of something, one has to look at the way people react to the media and not the media itself. i don't think that you can really defend this claim in that regard.
'feeling' and 'sentiment' are, i think, identifiable in the music- there's certainly more going on in the instrumentals than just straight up energy and aggression. the choices of samples/melodic patterns and the ways in which they are manipulated are pretty evocative; again, you may not be getting this from your *subjective* and *personal* visceral experience of the album, but it's a big part of its appeal and one of the things about it that hasn't really been replicated elsewhere. i would keep going but there's only so far i'm willing to go to win an argument on 4chan.

earlier you compared enter the wu-tang to a bad blockbuster movie; i'd say a closer analogue would be a sergio leone western or a beautifully done wuxia film. it's definitely a genre work, but it also demonstrates genuine craftsmanship and a synchronisation between the different elements that elevates it beyond, like, crunk or something.
>>
>>69172545
>objectively boring
>morally degenerate
>lacking in creativity, imagination, sentiment and feeling
Lmfao

check Mystic Stylez dude
>>
>>69172769
Good posts but you're wasting time on someone who thinks vulgar music is "morally degenerate"
>>
>>69172829
you're probably right.
>>
File: 49.jpg (209KB, 756x1100px) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
209KB, 756x1100px
>>69171451
>>
>>69171451
>listening to music in general
do you try to be a pleb, or does it just come naturally?
>>
its not funny any more try different bait
>>
there's a lot of people calling op a pleb and criticising his taste but to be fair imo this isnt a good first hip hop album to listen to (and i assume its ops first hip hop ablum)

i dont think its immediate enough to win round someone who isnt already a hip hop fan and a lot of the best parts about it are exceptional in the context of hip hop, so you wouldnt neccesarily appreciate them as much on their own

should probably listen to biggie or something first and try to into hip hop a bit more then come back to this
>>
>>69172916
if they're unironically saying shit like "infantile drivel" and "illterate gangstaz" they're never going to like hip-hop lol. white people
>>
>>69172769
You just wrote 280 words of dishonesty and pseudo-artistry. This will go nowhere as I can see what ilk you derive from. I thank you for being the only person here at least willing to have a proper conversation about this. I wish you all the best.

>>69172829
You are being dishonest as well. I never said that. Swans are vulgar, occasionally disgusting but I wouldn't call them morally degenerate. Wu-Tang promote and romanticize behavior that destroys families, societies and cultures. There's a very succinct difference.
>>
*+>
>69172945
>Wu-Tang promote and romanticize behavior that destroys families, societies and cultures.

Vaguely yes, but why? Because of the jews!
Those dudes did that stuff exclusivelly for money and fame, the jews told them to do so
>>
>>69172945
i don't think it'd be accurate to say that i'm being dishonest- if i'm wrong, it's because i sincerely believe in something that is wrong and not out a desire to deceive myself or others. nonetheless, it does seem clear that this is/was basically a futile exchange between two people who live in different universes of ideas and values.
it was worth a try.
>>
>>69172945
Are you the guy whose job involves critiquing art?
>>
>>69171451
>Hipsterism
Are you a time traveler from 2009?
>>
Are you also a Supreme Gentleman?
>>
ITT: nu-males take obvious b8
>>
>thinking Enter the Wu-Tang is bad

How fucking desperate for (You)'s can you be? You're extremely pathetic.

It's accepted by everyone (who isn't autistic) that Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) is an objectively incredible album, and one of, if not the greatest hip-hop/rap albums of all time.
>>
>>69173247

It really fucking isn't you white pleb.
>>
>>69173260
It really fucking is.

And I'm not white, so I'm not saying this just to score some acceptance points from blacks.
>>
>>69173268
post pic
>>
File: 008.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>69173280
>>
>>69173268

You have no fucking Idea about music and who I am lol

Got caught by the atmosphere huh hahahaahahahahahahahaahahah little sissy :-)
>>
>>69173307

how much?
>>
>>69173335
How much what?
>>
Hip hop is a verbal art

The rhythm of the rapping is the music. The rapper's voice in hip hop does what the guitar does in rock.

The Wu-Tang also has an excellent sense of surreal humor and great storytelling
>>
>>69173346

How much you cost uncle tom
>>
>>69173367
You're hilarious.

I'm not African-American, or African at all for that matter.
>>
>>69173376

Why do you say you're black if you know what is meant usually by that you faggot

Not that it wasn't the first thing that came to mind hahaha shit i'm nostradamus
>>
>>69173426
I never said I was black, I said i wasn't white.
>>
>>69173432
t. Pajeet
>>
>>69173440
I'm not Indian either.
>>
>>69173376

Never mind I'ts the mind control again that caught me off guard

avoid white people especially jews
>>
>>69171451

> tfw too smart for wu tang clan

Your life must be hell.

Also very impressive vocabulary. Maybe you should write a some better rhymes?
>>
>>69172945
What kind of human being gets a kick out of doing this?
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.