[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the worst band of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

File: Queen II (1974).jpg (214KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Queen II (1974).jpg
214KB, 1500x1500px
Is this the worst band of all time?
>>
>Suggests queen
>doesn't get reply
yeah bro
>>
Queen were a p. good singles band, but to see people putting them up in the same category as Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones, come on. They never managed albums that were good all the way through.
>>
>>69170495
As much as I like Led Zeppelin, they are also never managed to put out albums that were good all the way through
>>
>>69170510
LZ IV has no bad songs on it even if two are overplayed to the point of nausea.
>>
Don't Stop Me Now is a great feel-good pop song

The rest is gimmicky trash
>>
That doesn't seem to be U2.
>>
Queen's great.

I like them so I believe they're great.
You don't like them so you believe they're shit.

Crazy how that works, innit.
>>
>>69170129
Band? More like bland.
>>
>>69170495
Sheer heart attack and a night at the opera are preety good.
>>
>>69170495
>They never managed albums that were good all the way through.
Most artists don't. Just enjoy them for the good songs they wrote and stop being so pedantic.
>>
>>69170683
He praised them for their singles in the same post; you're being defensive
>>
>>69170495
name one bad song on Queen II
>>
>>69170495
agreed

aside from their singles, all their songs sound exactly the same
>>
>Beatles
>start out as pop
>end as art rock

>Queen
>start out as art rock
>end as pop
>>
>>69170906
>Rolling stones
>start out as blues/pop
>end up as rock and roll
>>
>>69170906
Christgau was right about art rock btw. Almost no bands except the Beatles and King Crimson ever pulled it off successfully.
>>
>>69170959
Arcade Fire tho
>>
>>69170959
Evidently Queen knew it too which is why they became pop starting on TNOTW.
>>
The other most overrated bands of all time:

Metallica: Babby's first metal band, also "One" is fucking overrated

Beatles: Well, really just Abbey Road. Velvet and Rubber are way better albums.

RHCP: Eh, I have nothing really against them, I just think they're not that good

Black Sabbath: Metal pioneers, sure. Doesn't mean you should still be listening to them today. We all know and love Paranoid and Nativity in Black but they aren't stellar by any stretch

H.I.M.: Fucking poster boys for Hot Topic

White Stripes: Awful singing, awful guitars, awful drums. And if I wanted to listen to good prose, I'd record myself reading poetry.

Nine Inch Nails: They just plain suck

U2: Doesn't even require any explanation
>>
>>69171096
I'd say Ozzy more than Sabbath, because they pretty much died out in the late 70s like all of their contemporaries (Led Zeppelin, Grand Funk Railroad, Uriah Heep, Iggy Pop, etc). Ozzy however kept making the same music for years after that.
>>
>>69171096
dont forget pearl-icantsingforshitandmymelodiesaretrash-jam
>>
i hate Crazy Train from Ozzy with a passion because there's only 1 minimally acceptable radio station in my city and they keep playing it. i'm sorry i just don't get it.

and SUM 41. i hate them for no reason whatsoever. um yeah.

and Queens of the Stone Age. they were a tremendous annoyance to my radio airwaves a while ago. but not anymore. woohoo!

Green Day is so cliched it's hard to not mock them. so i won't say much about that.

those bands are the ones i can think of off the top of my head that i will actively consider boycotting. there are other bands (like Black Sabbath) that i don't like, but don't really hate either. i draw fine lines on that.
>>
>>69171096
About Queen. DO YOU HAVE ANY freaking idea how good they are technically? Do you know that their guitarist, Brian May was the inspiration for phenomenal guitarist like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Steve Howe, Gary Moore and Mick Goodrick? And do you even KNOW that Freddie Mercury's extremely high voice IS NOT a falsetto? That is just Hungarian Classical voice training for you. So don't say that the music isn't that impressive.

About The Beatles. The Beatles' forte wasn't in instrumentals OR vocals. They excelled in compositions. Their songs are some of the most re-recorded ones in history. Yellow submarine has been re-made HUNDREDS and hundreds of times. So WHAT THE HELL makes them overrated?

Also note, that i'm not some obsessed fanboy. I'm a jazz guitarist, so YES i know what i'm talking about.

Replace those two bands with Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance. If you want an explanation, just ask.
>>
>>69171183
Is this copypasta?
>>
>>69171183
LOL what's so great about Brian May? That solo in WWRY sounds like absolutely generic 70s blues rock that any one of 50 other guitarists from that era could have done.
>>
>>69170129
Queen is better than 80% of all /mu/core
>>
>>69171252
I can't believe I'm defending Brian May but if you think people's guitar playing are to be judged based purely on solo's, or in your case even just one solo, then you need to seriously evaluate your music listening habits because, frankly, I think a lot of it is going over your head, and you can't even realize it due to your poor, narrow understanding of music.
>>
>>69170495
This, so much this.
Perfect band for radio, shit discography tho
I like them but I would never listen to a single album from the start to the end
>>
I like queen. I don't think they're even close to the best band of all time. They can't maintain an album's quality but they have had some great tracks. I can get why people would dislike queen though.

If you think that queen is the worst band of all time, you're a pretentious idiot.
>>
IDK, Christgau didn't like them.
>>
>>69171469
this

plus its pretty obvious that the rolling stones are the best band of all time.
>>
>>69170495
Queen was waaaaaay better than the stones and zeppelin combined
>>
>>69170495
Judging a band with a lot of good music solely by complete albums is a fucking meme and you all fell for it so your Topster chart would look more impressive lmao
>>
>>69172027
>Judging a band with a lot of good music solely by complete albums is a fucking meme

I'll believe this as soon as people start citing the Red album as the best Beatles album, instead of their patchy later albums. And top 10 lists are all compilations.
>>
>>69171096
Master of Reality and Vol 4 are absolutely great though
>>
>>69170129
No, this is.
>>
>>69172004
objectively wrong
>>
>>69172212
Pack it up boys, we have a winner.
/thread
>>
>>69172212
Green Day are far worse than Kiss desu. At least Kiss never pretended to be anything more than cheeseball party rock.
>>
>>69172841
Not even close.
>>
File: 2732082_orig.jpg (48KB, 594x331px) Image search: [Google]
2732082_orig.jpg
48KB, 594x331px
>>69173019
Oh, boy... Here's another gem.
>>
>>69170495
Queen II and A Night At The Opera are gold as far as albums.
>>
>>69170858
lol what the actual fuck are you talking about? Go listen to Sheer Heart Attack through The Game and say that again.
>>
>>69171096
Babby's first /mu/tant opinions

heh, come back when you've gone full circle twice, kiddo
>>
>>69171252
May was a mad scientist in the studio back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8oVTyAYrnE

Protip: There's no horns/woodwinds in this track. And there's a reason they had to put the No Synthesizers sticker on their 70s records.
>>
You probably don't listen to a lot of music if you think Queen is even close to being the worst band of all time.
>>
>>69170770
A Loser in the End.
>>
>>
>>69170632
I mean yeah that Album has no weaknesses
>>
>>69170129
No. Early Queen was actually pretty good up to Jazz. They lost me after The Game and then they started getting good again with Innuendo.

Worst band of all time? It's a tie between Guns and Roses and Led Zepplin. (Post Black Album Metallica is in the running though)
>>
Any post DSOTM Pink Floyd is absolute and utter SHIT!
>>
>>69175880
>Worst band of all time? It's a tie between Guns and Roses and Led Zepplin. (Post Black Album Metallica is in the running though)
have you not listened to anything but "the classics"? surely some local band or bandcamp project could easily manage to suck more than those and you know that
>>
>>69173299 (Nice dubs)
Ratt Motley Crue and all those cheesy 1980s L.A. Glam and hair metal bands are absolute shit as well! Poison is OK cos they're funny and don't seem to take themselves too seriously although I think Steel Panther could mop the floor with Poison any day of the week.
>>
not the worst one by skill, listening pleasure etc but faggots, kikes, queers etc get dismissed from the start

also whites but I thought that's obvious and obsolete to mention
>>
>>69175973
>have you not listened to anything but "The classics"?

What did anon mean by that?
>>
>>69170495
Rolling Stones are shit.
>>
>>69170129
no but highly overrated. you might as well group the beatles in with them as well.
>>
>>69170495
Bot Rolling Stones were single band as well
>>
File: CauseofCancer.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
CauseofCancer.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
Any 'X is the worst band' argument is automatically negated by the existence of pic-related.
>>
>>69176010
Shout at the Devil was a good album. Every song is the album kicks ass.
Too bad they never recorded anything good before nor after that.
>>
>>69176120
not anymore, their last album was just mediocre
>>
>>69170495
All of Queen's best songs weren't singles.
>>
File: freddie.jpg (19KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
freddie.jpg
19KB, 214x317px
Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.
>>
>>69176124
Red Hot was really the only good song off that album. I still stand by my statement.
>>
>>69170129
Yes
>>
>>69170510
I would argue that Physical Graffiti and maybe Houses of the Holy were good all the way through. Houses had a lot of variety to it, so it's very hard to argue either way. The only thing wrong with Graffiti was that In My Time of Dying is a little on the drawn-out side.
>>
>>69175901
>wish you were here
>animals
>worse than DSOTM
>>
>>69171183
You could be the greatest goddamned guitarist in the world, but if people don't like your music, you'll die just the same way as the delta bluesmen. It's all about what flavor the world wants for the time being.

And that's really fucking sad to think about.
>>
>>69171341
Thats not saying a whole lot desu
>>
>>69175901
Correction, post Wall was the worst.

Thus, the birth of Genisis
>>
>>69176010
Let's not forget Warrant, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Quiet Riot, Tesla, etc. A horrible, horrible time for music.
>>
>>69173678
Fucking Roger Taylor.
>>
>>69173646
>>
>>69173428
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POsOP3TF-XY
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.