[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sooo literally all of their music is complete and utter shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: rs-385-run-dmc.jpg (62KB, 782x439px) Image search: [Google]
rs-385-run-dmc.jpg
62KB, 782x439px
sooo literally all of their music is complete and utter shit.

Why do people pretend to like this garbage?
>>
They were important for creating the "pass the mic" format of hip hop, but yeah, the music had aged very poorly, especially when you compare it to the Fat Boys, Public Enemy, Boogie Down Productions, NWA, and Beastie Boys.
I mostly only pay attention because I have a weirdly intense sexual attraction to Rev Run's daughter Angela
>>
>>69163082
Boogie Down ages just as bad
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTr-BH1Dl_s

people pretend to like this
>>
>>69162992
it was jst bett er it just was tell them
>>
File: 1469843317590.png (49KB, 996x557px) Image search: [Google]
1469843317590.png
49KB, 996x557px
>>69162992
Why do people like it?

Well...It's Tricky.
>>
>>69164498
wow. wow.
>>
File: IMG_4126.jpg (60KB, 750x714px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4126.jpg
60KB, 750x714px
Haha, it's le "I don't like this music so other people pretend to like it" meme! XD
>>
>>69165707
no, this is real imo
>>
Run DMC has dated pretty hard compared to other big names of the 80s but they were really important in the transition from old school (Kurtis Blow, Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash) to the new school which was more focused on lyricism, had harder beats, topics besides party rhymes, etc.

A few tracks definitely still hold. Run's House, Sucker MC's and Peter Piper are fun tracks.

>>69163082
>when you compare it to the Fat Boys
I mean Run DMC definitely holds up compared to the fucking Fat Boys.
>>
>>69163082
>I mostly only pay attention because I have a weirdly intense sexual attraction to Rev Run's daughter Angela
kek
>>
>i met this little girly
>her hair was kinda curly
>>
>>69162992
Some songs on Raising Hell are fun as hell with upbeat production

Nothing special at all, they're just a fun listen.

Hip Hop heads just ride them for being originators of many of the elements you hear in Hip Hop today and for being ahead of their time.
>>
>>69162992
It's from the 80's and it's hip-hop just begun of course it sounds primitive you retarded fuck. They're pioneers, that's why they're respected
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.