[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find /mu/ like scenes or people in your city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: th.jpg (19KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
19KB, 480x300px
I love music, and I always try to share new music with my friends, but so far it's been a complete failure.
I've went to see death grips live and tried to give my spare DG ticket to anyone that would have it for free for weeks, with no takers, and I'm fed up.

TL;DR: How do you find people who are willing to listen or talk about, or at least enjoy non top 40s music in your city?
>>
In London, England by the way.
>>
>>69159006
gig venues dude
>>
>/mu/ like scenes

Churches, Gay Clubs, the area under a bridge
>>
I'm part of the underground music scene on my little city, so we all know each other from there. Also, facebook I guess.
>>
next time you go to a concert of such a group make contact with the people that are there.
Some basics in human interactions are required though, so if you're not comfortable with talking to strangers try to train beforehand.
>>
>>69159036
then you should delete this thread before the religious police find you, music is haram in any traditional inshallah state like londonistan.
>>
File: ALEAF.jpg (65KB, 944x670px) Image search: [Google]
ALEAF.jpg
65KB, 944x670px
>>69159174

>>69159006
oh and OP, i'm from london. Which DG show did you go to?, i was at the village underground on the 18th i may have seen you
>>
>>69159006

what music are you into familama?
>>
>>69159271
Hey, I was at the Roundhouse on the 29th.
Was a fantastic show, best concert I've ever been to.

>>69159281
I'm into metal. prog, sludge, shoegaze. Other random shit like, meshuggah, Brand New, Toe, etc

Hip hop: Lupe, Death grips, Aesop, billy woods, danny brown, busdriver, Mr Muthafuckin Exquire, etc

Chelsea Wolfe, Sarah Neufeld / Colin Stetson, badbadnotgood, FKA Twigs, Kaki King etc

Like everyone here, I like a lot of stuff.
>>
>>69159036
Go to anything at Cafe OTO, people there have taste
>>
>>69159827

They listen to pretty much misc music dont they?

That real pretentious stuff, how do you even connect with people like that?
>>
>>69159006
hang out in small independent record stores
>>
>>69160049
Not really, last time I went they had Gigi Masin + some PC Music DJs, and the crowd is good/no real edgelords or anything like that

Another way of finding people is to just start a conversation on the Facebook event pages for upcoming festivals
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.