[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slayer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: photo.jpg (131KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
131KB, 900x900px
What is /mu/'s opinion on Slayer?
>>
>>69158621
Be a REAL metal fan and by the delicious OFFICIAL Slayer wine.
>>
SLAAAYER
>>
SLAAAAAYEEEERRRR

Nah, seriously, they suck. I've seen them live three times though, because you know, it's motherfuckin' Slayer playing there.
>>
one of the best metal bands of all time. Show No Mercy through South of Heaven is the most ridiculous run of metal albums ever, and Seasons in the Abyss and Divine Intervention are at least solid as well. They've been shit for nearly two decades but the strength of their original LPs overrides all that.
>>
>>69158621
They're nazi but not really nazi

It's disappointing
>>
>>69159083
Not to mention, even if you consider them shit, even if you hate their songwritting, there's and undeniable truth: Dave Lombardo is an anomaly of nature, not one of his peers has that much soul in his playing. He's a monster.
>>
>>69158621
I hate thrash metal as a whole, every time I hear Tom Araya or James Hetfield scream I think about some fat guy in a fail video punching his computer or something like that.
>>
Reign in Blood is fun, everything else except a couple tracks is boring. All the good tracks were written by Hanneman
>>
>>69159283
He once guest drummed for Metallica at a show in the early 2000s and holy crap, he made Lars look like the club level drummer he is.
>>
>>69159860
https://youtu.be/xRPOE7-1vAU

Even though I'm not a fan of that open hi-hat and he fucked up sometimes, holy shit the difference in intensity is fucking monstruous.
Also here: https://youtu.be/0U4r2_s59qk
You can tell who of the 4 drummers played with more intensity.
>>
>>69159860
For real. Even Joey Jordison fucking destroyed Lars that night, overplaying and ever present double bass aside.
>>
Really enjoyed that 80s/early 90s albums as well as GHUA. However; they don't really have replay value in my opinon. I dont randomly think, "hey I should listen to Slayer cuz that shit was awesome."
>>
I like Slayer.
>>
Hell Awaits is the greatest album ever made so
>>
>>69159083
Agreed 100%. Listening to all of those albums you mentioned is just so fun, I find myself going back to them a lot.
>>
>>69158621
It's one of my favorite bands of all time. I've got about 100 plays on each of their first 5 albums. Repentless was a step in the right direction, so I hope they start to make more of a comeback with their next album, whenever the hell that comes out.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.