[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Math Rock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: ttng.jpg (301KB, 1200x1169px) Image search: [Google]
ttng.jpg
301KB, 1200x1169px
Hey /mu/,
I stumbled across a math rock band called TTNG on Audiotree live and I need more.
Please suggest some math rock bands.
>>
Some favs
Tera Melos - Untitled
You Slut! - Critical Meat, Medium Bastard
Don Caballero - What Burns Never Retruns
Delta Sheep - Twin Galaxies
Time Columns - Sinriseinthesea
Six Gallery - Breakthroughs In Modern Art
Toe - all their shit
>>
If you've not heard Hella, you should check them out. If you want to hear some proto-math rock, listen to discipline by King Crimson
>>
NoMeansNo, the Cardiacs, Uzeda, Ruins, Koenjihyakkei, Patife Band, 65daysofstatic
>>
>>69154528
I always think of TTNG as an emo/indie band
>>
>>69154843
>>69154864
>>69154903

Love you guys, I'm writing all of these down as we speak :)
>>
>>69154843
Forgot another decent one
Clever Girl - No Drum and Bass in the Jazz Room
Probably more indie but:
Minus the Bear - Highly Refined Pirates
>>
>>69154912

Eh, music is open to interpretation. I see their music as more math rock than emo but I can see how others would consider it emo.

I'm mainly looking for bands that have bouncy guitar riffs similar to TTNG and a friend told me it's math rock.
>>
Covets, Elephant gym and Piglet are worth a look too

On the less twinkly side theres Cleft and Giraffes?Giraffes!
>>
Totorro - Home Alone

Really fun upbeat mathrock from France, definitely worth a listen.

Also, I never understand the appeal with TTNG. It always sounds so devoid of emotion or any meaning. I find with a lot of math rock it feels like they just figured 'hey seeing as we're good at these instruments we may as well make music' but there's nothing else to it.

Anybody else feel me?
>>
>>69155873
I feel the same about TTNG, and desu a lot of bands with vocals just feel insinscere which is odd. Anyways, you should check out Cleft anon, they're really fun
>>
>>69155990

See I find vocals don't make a difference. Bands like Chon whose discog for the most part doesn't have vocals all sounds so boring and emotionless. Though funnily enough the 2 songs they do have with vocals are the ones I really enjoy.

The vocals do definitely play a part with TTNG specifically, they sound so dull and bored.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
check out algernon cadawaller
>>
>>69156079
fuck yes
>>
>>69156079
Cap'n Jazz too
>>
listen to the cabs for the best math rock of this decade

unfortunately their music is hard as fuck to find because they broke up unceremoniously and the japanese music industry started acting like faggots with region blocking

https://zankyorecord.bandcamp.com/album/regenerative-landscape
>>
Monster machismo

Enemies
>>
File: tricot.jpg (98KB, 1483x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tricot.jpg
98KB, 1483x1000px
tricot and LITE are some good Japanese math rock bands. tricot does have Japanese vocals though.
>>
Owane, Pocket Size Universe, Space Bacon's first album, Deaf Scene, LITE, Strawberry Girls, The Fine Constant, Tuna Laguna, Hyakkei, Toundra, StarSystems, Polyphia, Polarization, Intervals, Plini, Sithu Aye, Animals As Leaders, Mestis, Meinong's Jungle, The Helix Nebula, Ghosts and Vodka, Floral, Fifth Quadrant

Though a good portion of those basically hop between Prog/Math/Postrock/Jazz and such a lot, there's a lot of variation in that group.
>>
>>69157566
Based mato roku. Do you know any other nip band with vocals?
>>
>>69154912
As gay as it sounds, I 'twinkle' is the name of emo math rock bands.
>>
This guy's pretty good and possibly unknown, I only learned about him since he opened for AAL one time I went to see them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bohWTEYc_8k
>>
>>69155752
Elephant Gym are amazing, seconded
>>
File: come to mexico.jpg (432KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
come to mexico.jpg
432KB, 700x700px
Ah sweet, a math rock thread.

Any new albums you been listening/loving,anons? Gave "Come to Mexico", by Totorro a listen recently, and it's fantastic.
>>
>>69157706
Toe has Japanese vocals in some songs.
>>
>>69154528
Feed Me Jack
LITE
Toe
Clever Girl
Cap'n jazz
How to Count One to Ten
Delta Sleep
Rooftops
Colour
Tangled Hair
>>
Fall of Troy might be worth a listen.

Also I wholeheartedly second Giraffes? Giraffes!
>>
Three trapped tigers, the physics house band and zapperlipopette are some cool synth-math bands as well
>>
>>69158587
Alarmist sounds quite a bit like Three Trapped Tigers and they are terrific.
>>
>>69154528
toe
mars volta
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.