[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Millenials still think it's just a meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: better than memes.jpg (40KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
better than memes.jpg
40KB, 500x496px
> I like experimental music such as radiohead and animal collective so I will surely be able to appreciate this album.

80 minutes later...

> This sounds like shit. It has to be a meme...
>>
File: 1470258552746.jpg (19KB, 240x314px) Image search: [Google]
1470258552746.jpg
19KB, 240x314px
good point, except this is objectively terrible
>>
i think a lot of it is just stockholm syndrome but if you dont think the last part of Veteran's Day Poppy isnt the tightest shit then get the fuck out my face. Sugar N Spikes has some great parts too
>>
I like how a simple collection of 2-3 min songs can be so divisive. I mean it's just some spoken word and atonality, what's wrong?
>>
>>69127211

It's only terrible if your idea of good is Oasis
>>
>>69127211
Pleb.
>>
This is the Radiohead Effect. Get a bunch of random generated sounds and compile them into a full album, now listen to them 15 times and your brain will eventually remember the notes, predicting which ones go next and give you a stimulus, thus making you falsely believe that it is good.

Except Radiohead is good, and this is trash.
>>
>>69127235
I mean, have you heard Oasis?
>>
>>69127226
it's a gag
nobody on this board really has trouble with trout mask replica
>>
>>69127216
You forgot about Moonlight on Vermont being fucking great.
>>
>>69127277

I remember when I thought Radiohead was good, too. High school was pretty awesome.
>>
File: dont mind if i do.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dont mind if i do.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>Moonlight In Vermont
>>
>>69127300
yeah thats great too!
i personally like china pig and also the dialogue across the album makes me laugh every time i hear it
>say beans!
>>
it just sounds bad :\
>>
>>69127337
Note the clever slate!
>>
Those poor Jews...
>>
Haha this album is doo doo
>>
>>69127197
It's funny because I've read so much negative shit about it that when I actually listened to it it wasn't that bad.
>>
like the first 3 songs sound shit but the rest is fuckin gold if anybody genuinely thinks otherwise theyre either lazy or retarded
>>
>>69127277
hahaha
>>
>>69127348
You sound like a troll or just a boring person overall. Maybe both.
>>
>>69127869
He can't help being a millennial.
>>
>>69127300
not gonna pretend to like the whole album, but moonlight on vermont is a fantastic song
>>
>>69127521

nirvana good band???
>>
>>69127197
>Millienials
stopped right there
>>
>>69127197
Not even close to being his best album, and I enjoy it
>>
I really like the opening track
Can't stand the rest of it
>>
>>69127211
>objectively
>>
Hair Pie: Bake 2 is the best track

thanks for reading
>>
'Good' music for pretentious listeners. It's not like it's good, but it makes you feel superior if you enjoy it and that's why you praise it.
>>
People who say this album is good are mindless sheep just like the ones who say Citizen Kane is a good film
>>
I liked it a lot but it felt too long for its own good, it's one of the few times I felt like I really had to stop in the middle of an album and come back to it. I can see how people hate it and how people overrate it but it's interesting if nothing else.
>>
i wish i could finish this album, i like most of what's going on, but the whiny timbre of the lead guitar on a few tracks makes me feel physically ill.
>>
EEEEELLAAAAA
GUUUURUUUUU
>>
I don't get what some people have against AnCo, the band has never been pretentious, the fans are nice, the records are not overrated at all
>>
Yeah no irony tmr is actually the best rock album as well as one of the definitive pieces of Americana. A joyously intricate demonstration of the horror and absurdity that comes with living in the age of modernization.

You will think this is cringey and then you will stop frequenting mu and then you will be able to accept this albums genius

>>69129889
Vinyl track listing is the only way it can reasonably be enjoyed (fourths)
>>69129765
good use of the word film that's the right one not movie like how those morons say
>>
>>69127738
Frownland is one of the best openers of all time
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.