[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The logical conclussion to guitar music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

Discuss.
>>
possibly op... possibly
>>
>>69122071
I was going to call you an dumb faggot OP, but I don't remember any band that did what SY did on this album or even any band that sounds like them.

I mean, Loveless is a masterpiece of guitar music, but there's a lot of shoegaze that souns like it. But there's nothing that sounds like SY, mainly DN.
>>
How so?
You have made the claim yet leave it on me to answer, preposterous!
Very well. Even though the use of dissonance and noise as a central part of your guitar playing was not entirely new, few albums at this time used that to create such awe inspiring music like on Daydream Nation. I'm having a hard time thinking of a technique, that came afterwords, that has had more influence on guitar playing then the ones displayed on this record.
>>
File: wheeze.png (57KB, 461x320px) Image search: [Google]
wheeze.png
57KB, 461x320px
>>69122071
>>
The only thing to which Daydream Nation is a logical conclusion to is mediocre but "hip" critic bait.
Sonic Youth's whole thing was making music that was "cutting-edge and radical" in the most bland and inoffensive way possible, music that would make beige yuppies and boring college kids feel like they're special when they were listening to it without them having to go through the hassle of seeking out music that actually was innovative and challenging and radical.
In many respects they were the Animal Collective of their time.
It's a bad band.
>>
>>69122331
Nice pasta dude :^}
>>
>>69122352
I wrote that post the first time around too.
>>
>>69122226
Just sounds like uncomfortable noisy alternative rock to me, I feel as though I've heard this style in (probably derivative) bands. Although this record's intensity does make it a candidate for the subject

However, I'd pick something by Keiji Haino or Taku Sugimoto for that question
>>
File: IMG_4789.jpg (678KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4789.jpg
678KB, 1600x1600px
This or the first Metallica album
>>
>>69122374
Well it's a good pasta
>>
>>69122331
cringe
>>
>>69122434
/thread honestly
>>
File: 1.jpg (91KB, 498x495px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
91KB, 498x495px
Nah, the experiments of layering and effects seen on albums like Daydream Nation and Loveless are watered down, poppy forms of what Branca was already doing on his albums. I would say the logical conclusion to guitar music is probably The Ascension because it is the one record that really takes advantage of not only layering so many distorted guitars and the textures that get created, but also having polyrhythms essentially because of the percussive aspect of guitar also being taken advantage of.
>>
>>69122434
>>69122546
this or Here Come the Warm Jets because of wacky Eno wankery.
>>
Just sounds like 80s hardcore punk with queer vocals over it if I'm honest

Loveless is the one you're looking for OP
>>
The uniqueness is few and far between

I would go with something like King Crimson since I think they've pretty much hit the peak of creativity
>>
>>69122071

lmfao
>>
File: cover.jpg (56KB, 589x600px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
56KB, 589x600px
This album is the reason guitars were brought into this world
>>
>>69122777
Trips Confirm

All hail the Crimson King
>>
>>69122840
But that's not Swans

Also name?
>>
>>69122889
It's written on the cover art
>>
>>69122071
yes even though its not their best
>>
>>69122920
name pls I can't see it?
>>
>>69122951
Caspar Brötzmann Massaker - The Tribe
>>
Does anyone know any bands who do Sonic Youth style guitar stuff, without becoming less accessible than DN? Stuff like The Swirlies.
>>
>>69123033
>the swirlies
please remove that article
>>
>>69123048
Stfu you posed
>>
>>69123212
i've had this trip for so long, don't be invading
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.