[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is noise the new classical?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: going p.jpg (92KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
going p.jpg
92KB, 350x350px
is noise the new classical?
>>
how is it new?
>noise is ded
>trip metal is ded

op pic is shoegaze anyway
>>
The new classical is progressive electronic and experimental rock desu.
>>
>>69118214
>progressive electronic
this

listen to r+7 and you will understand
>>
this board just seems to get more and more ignorant by the day
>>
>>69118214
progressive electronic sounds like a meme genre
>>
>>69117273
this isn't noise
>>
>>69117273
no because noise takes no talent or skill to produce whereas classical takes years of classical training to make something considered acceptable
>>
>>69118500
>muh textures
>>
>>
>>69119717
>listens to lln once
"gee i'm sure a fan of black noise like brzeagheagfbvre"
>>
>>69119749
why you gotta be so rude
>>
File: cover_1810910112010.jpg (107KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
cover_1810910112010.jpg
107KB, 600x587px
>>69118443
Sure it does.
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/cluster_eno/cluster_and_eno/
>>
>>69118214
>The new classical is progressive electronic
yes but also drone and thus noise
>>
>>69118214
>>69118317

lmao you can't be serious

classical is already finished with electronic
>>
File: modern shits.png (530KB, 2865x1991px) Image search: [Google]
modern shits.png
530KB, 2865x1991px
>>69117273
no, contemporary classical is the new classical.

Classical composers pioneered "noise" in the late 50s, and did a much better job than modern noise artists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwtAMGXyTI4&t=1s

Once again, classical is 50 - 60 years ahead of popular music, and when popular music finally "catches up" they tend to never actually get to the same level of finesse as classical
>>
>>69119717
i wonder if you spent nearly as much time thinking about the records on that list as you have about zeroing in on a specific masturbatory ~aesthetic~
>>
>>69119919
>Classical composers pioneered "noise" in the late 50s, and did a much better job than modern noise artists

this

i was exposed to a lot of noise(both live and recorded) through being good friends with a guy who was way into for a long time and fuck me, it is one of the most redundant, development-devoid genres in existence
>>
>>69119977
>it is one of the most redundant
it's essentially indeterminacy so you're an idiot.
>>
>>69119919
gets it
>>69119977
doesn't get it
>>
>>69117273
classical is the new classical you fucking idiot
>>
>>69117273
this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tjf8n5A8Zs
>>
>>69120038
there are many ways in which noise artists do what they do so no, not really. some are extremely premeditated and controlled, some are more, uh, indeterminate.
the end result is unfortunately almost always the same and almost always utterly disposable.
if noise artists actually gave as much thought to composition and developing some sense of craft about what they're doing as they gave to coming up with wacky ways to make a racket it would maybe eventually even become an interesting and creatively vital genre.

good work though woooow, you know about musical indeterminacy(even if you might not know how much of a part it plays in the subject at hand), wow, you namedropped indeterminacy on /mu/, wow fantastic, very impressive.
>>
>>69119930
i made it in 2 minutes anon, those are my favorites
in fact i was only looking for the noise general because i wanted some recs
>>
Noise is the antithesis of classical.

>>69119717
>goes on RYM once

You're a joke desu.

>>69120038
You don't know what you're talking about.

>>69120239
>if noise artists actually gave as much thought to composition and developing some sense of craft about what they're doing as they gave to coming up with wacky ways to make a racket it would maybe eventually even become an interesting and creatively vital genre.

Very true, and I'm saying that as a fan of noise. 99% of the music produced in the genre is total detritus.
>>
>>69120512

>Noise is the antithesis of classical.

except classical literally did noise decades before noise did noise
>>
>>69120537
It doesn't matter, the philosophy which fuels what we have come to understand as modern noise music has next to nothing to do with the philosophy which fueled those contemporary classical works.
>>
>>69120597

>muh philosophy

l m a o

at the end of the day, popular music noise sucks in comparison to classical
>>
>>69120683
>popular music noise sucks in comparison to classical

Pretty much, yeah.
Especially now that so many faggots are running around watering even that "popular noise" down with totally schlocky and banal overtly musical elements or aping aesthetic marks of various other popular music genres in hopes that it's gonna help them cross over into more commercially profitable waters.
I don't have high hopes for the future of the genre desu.
>>
>>69120777
>Especially now that so many faggots are running around watering even that "popular noise" down with totally schlocky and banal overtly musical elements or aping aesthetic marks of various other popular music genres in hopes that it's gonna help them cross over into more commercially profitable waters.
Care to post an example? Just curious
>>
>>69119717
everyone is just mad that you have good taste
thank you for recognizing the best liquid boys album
>>
>>69120908
prurient
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.