[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/clipping./

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9781.jpg (68KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9781.jpg
68KB, 1000x1000px
Going through the lyrics of this album because I wanted to know how Story 5 fits within the album and the other Stories in their discography. People have cracked some Morris Code, cyphers, the name Amy Clark, Grace being Randy's sister from Story 2, and NATO Phonetic Alphabet throughout. The vinyl includes coordinates as well. Has this all been discussed on /mu/ already? Found it interesting.
>>
This is probably my favorite album of this year, haven't heard any of this. Would love to hear more though.
>>
>>69094576
http://genius.com/albums/Clipping/Splendor-misery

Check out the discussions going on. Some of it is crazy if it's really an ARG of sorts. It's definitely one of my favorites then Vektor's Terminal Redux. Loving the sci-fi concept in both.
>>
>>69094740
Link to discussion?
>>
>>69095106
I started here and Story 5 page:
http://genius.com/Clipping-interlude-02-numbers-lyrics
http://genius.com/Clipping-story-5-lyrics
>>
>>69094529
I assumed it was to compare the story of the abducted human with the life of American slaves.

It's a gospel song but it's bloodier, and darker than usual, it furthers the concept of mixing traditional black church music with horrifying sci fi raps.
>>
Is this album good? I loved the self titled for its flows, witty assessment of poverty, and interesting production. A scifi rap opera seems about as far away from that as you can get
>>
>>69097670
I highly enjoy it. One if not my top album this year off of sheer replay and concept.
>>
>>69094529
>Morris code
>>
File: IMG_9788.png (80KB, 223x223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9788.png
80KB, 223x223px
>>69098411
>>
>>69097430
Story 5 doesn't really mention anything relating to American slavery though. Grace and the others in the story are most definitely not slaves, I don't think there's any mention to slavery or a master in the song, and it mentions a Taxi so it can't be set too long ago. In fact the lyrics mention a "foreman," and how Grace had dirt on them, so it seems more like a proletariat situation than a slavery thing.
>>
We're just looking for Story 3 then really.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.