[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /mu/ get into live King Crimson material? I find that the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Does /mu/ get into live King Crimson material? I find that the Islands lineup was fantastic as a live band. They were great at improv and their jams were often deliciously jazzy and groovy, but they could also get loud and dissonant and kinda scary. Their version of Mars is particularly intense. The 1972-1974 lineup was of course the best live band of King Crimson's career, but the Islands lineup is one hell of a force of nature.
>>
I've heard a few, I love The Great Deceiver set.
>>
Glascow 1973
>>
Absent Lovers is a cool album for the Below era.
>>
>>69092169
They were really on fire on that one. Great representation of that era
>>
>>69091781
I've listened to the main live albums, nothing from the collector's club, though. Also saw them live this year and have Radical Action still to listen to.

Their music is definitely made to be reinterpreted live. Any KC fan who hasn't gone into their live output is missing out.
>>
>>69092253
Radical Action is fantastic. The current lineup is really something else. Their versions of the classic songs are interestingly interpreted with their three drummers, and the new songs are really cool too. Definitely check it out, one of my favorite albums of the year so far.
>>
>>69092295
I guessed it would be quite similar to this year's show, that's why I haven't listened to it yet. I agree that the three drummers work really well, though, and adding new sax and flute parts to certain songs for Mel Collins.
>>
>>69092253
What's there line-up these days? Is Fripp still in it?
>>
>>69092447
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Crimson#Personnel

Usually at least two people playing drums at all times, often all three, but sometimes there'll be a solo or Jeremy plays keys. Pretty sure Levin just does Chapman Stick now. Everything else is as it's listed here.
>>
>>69092111
Yeah, the The Great Deceiver set is GOAT. I also really dig USA and The Night Watch live albums.
>>
They have tons of random bootlegs on SLSK. I use to collect a bunch but my hardrive crashed and don't have them anymore.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.