[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where are the synth heads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: korg-ms-20-mini.jpg (136KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
korg-ms-20-mini.jpg
136KB, 1143x857px
where are the synth heads
>>
I'm here for you my man

I'm a beginner though
>>
>>69087574
I'm not even a beginner yet I just can't wait until I am. Do you have any hardware my manon?
>>
>>69087550
sup
>>
that filter tho
>>
>>69087596
Yeah, I have a microkorg. I'e had it for around 4 months. It was a steep learning curve, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Also, I didn't know how to play a keyboard when I got it, though I know theory, so I picked it up pretty fast. I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing though. I'm trying to write an electronic album, and it's going pretty well

Do have any hardware or are you planning on getting any?
>>
What's a good beginner purchase for hardware?
I want to make shit like kraftwerk, thousand knives and ambient.
>>
Anyone own this synth (korg ms-20 mini)? Thinking of getting one. What are people's thoughts.
>>
>>69087708
I really dig the looks of the ms-20 mini and the price tags alright too. I'd love to make some Brian Eno / Boards of Canada sorta sounds, not sure if this is the right machine for that though but I'm sure it could work.

I'm not terrible at piano so I'm hoping to have some transfer of skills even though it's monophonic. I've been meaning to start playing around with sound samples on audacity when I get the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M
>>
>>69087708
what kind of sound are you going for?

..and how does the micro korg work for that?
>>
File: korg_r3_angle.jpg (45KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
korg_r3_angle.jpg
45KB, 600x448px
>>69087550
i proudly own a Korg R3. one of the best decisions in my life. really creative and comes with a vocoder 10/10
>>
File: 10316699_800.jpg (70KB, 800x383px) Image search: [Google]
10316699_800.jpg
70KB, 800x383px
Is the Prophet 08 overrated?

Thinking about getting one since I care more about being able to play it like a piano than millions of functions and effects
>>
>>69087919
Heyyyy, I have one of those too
>>
>>69087890
I'm going for a sort of "organic" sound, I suppose. Sort of like, I'm trying to recreate what I think a forest on a alien planet would sound like, except in a musical context. A lot of sounds and textures. And the microkorg is serving me pretty well, once I got the hang of programming
Here's a snippet of a song so you can see what I mean, though it isn't really representative of what I'm planning as a whole
https://clyp.it/ltcdxphr

I also plan to add an acoustic drum, a djembe in particular, acoustic and electric guitar, and some vocals. And I'm doing that kind of because, writing songs with a synth is difficult for me, so I guess all the acoustic instruments help with that. The album is gonna be electric for the most part though

>>69087760
That video helped me a lot. I remember I could not for the life of me figure out how to use an LFO until I watched that
>>
At work raising money to buy synths they barely have any time to use, probably.
>>
>>69087957
>https://clyp.it/ltcdxphr
all that with just the microkorg? do you record and layer over? I'm really nooby so bear with me.

and I like the snippet of sound man, cool concept. Almost sounded like it could be little sample from LFO future sounds of london or something
>>
>>69088072
>do you record and layer over
Yup. I don't even have an audio interface or anything. I'm recording it through a guitar amp into a usb mic into audacity. I'm really limited in gear and money. And don't worry, I'm new at this too

And thanks. I juggled around a bunch of different ideas. At first I was going for something poppier, but got a little discouraged, and decided I wanted to be more free form sound collage-ish, and then I started writing some long, meandering folk songs with my band, and decided I'd do the same thing except with electronic instruments instead of acoustic guitars, and also keeping the sound collage aspect a bit.

But I did write one poppy song, and I'm not sure if I'll work it in or not.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.