[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ musicians general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: uni.jpg (188KB, 853x568px) Image search: [Google]
uni.jpg
188KB, 853x568px
>tfw just wanna play music all day but getting tendonitis in both arms from having to handwrite and type out a million fucking notes and papers

fuck this shit im so over it m8.

what instruments/genres/bands/gigs/jams do you guys do? Anyone live on campus with their instrument?
>>
did the man who invented college go to college?
>>
Yeah man my penis
>>
I bring my acoustic and my electric to campus. Every once in a while I'll play guitar or drums for a jam session but a band has never really formed. fuckin sucks but i'm able to make ambient bullshit in my room
>>
I have a crush on a girl 9 years older than me, what do
>>
>>69087558
grow faster
>>
>>69087545
spbp
>>
I'm well out of school, but I engineer/produce/mix for a living. If music is what you love, keep at it. Physical stretching and exercise is a must for your shoulders, arms, hands if you play or transcribe all day, so make sure to take breaks and if you are at a desk most of the time, do yourself a favor and don't skip leg day. Your body will thank you and symptoms will be way less severe after you get in the habit. Do you use Sybille's or other songwriting software? It may be easier on your arms.I'm a fat, lazy piece of shit, but I also play in a not shitty (punk/crossover?) band that's starting to gain some traction beyond local, finally, and we have some big tours and festivals we'll be playing in 2017. Our new album that we're going on a marketing blitz with in q1 of 17 is a concept album, which I normally associate with the term LAME AS FUCK, but this one is about a dude named Freddy Phillips and his gf Emily, the latter of which is hung in public for being an instigator of the anti-government revolution and Freddy goes batshit crazy and becomes the leader of the entire revolution and also ends up being killed. I'm a Trump vote, so I was super skeptical at first,but then I heard the song ideas and they're actually pretty cool, even for us. Check out one of them if you like, and follow us on the ol' FB. We'll be doing shows with D.R.I. in q3 and 4 of 17, so if you can make it out, come say hi. Here's the first single we just released last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgLGMngb0a8
Let me know what you think.
>>
>>69087670
>do yourself a favor and don't skip leg day.
how do you mean?

any types of exercise you would recommend?

also no, all my songwriting is done by hand on plain staff paper lol
>>
>>69087546
wht genre do u play breh?

also poast gear
>>
live on campus with my guitar but i keep all my gear and shit in my friend's garage

we do slowcoreish emoish stuff i guess here's a demo we're working on https://clyp.it/cam0jlh1

it's obnoxious to get together and practice and so we don't do it often. being otherwise busy with our lives kinda sucks

all about those solo projects on breaks amirite
>>
>>69087839
p groovy desu... plenty of single coils there lol

guitars are mixed up p loud tho imo. but maybe thats the style idk. do you have a bassist?
>>
>>69088027
nah, but we want one. i played the bass on that recording, tracked before guitars (thus why it gets out of sync at the end lol)

and yeah one of the guitar parts is single coil danelectro u2 (me) and the other is a gretsch hollow-body humbucker actually

and yeah, low-mixed vocals was kinda intentional, but it's definitely still rough at this point

thanks tho
>>
>>69088052
ah just curious cuz i couldt hear it v well

diggin ur vibes, make more stuff

also why are decent piano players so hard to find. none of the ones ive met are interested in playing blues, boogie woogie or rock and roll. fucking snoots only want to play concert tunes or theyre some wannabe edm synth master lol
>>
File: banjo.jpg (74KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
banjo.jpg
74KB, 950x950px
bumperooni

any string band players here? where my nc niggas at
>>
>>69087670
That single was absolutely fucking shit. Leave that band for your own good anon.
>>
>>69087839
A waste of time.
>>
>>69088774
i was groovin to it actually, but imo the mixing needs some work.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.