[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seattle 1989

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (43KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 960x720px
It never got better did it? They were just too fucking good. Hetfields vocals and unreal downpicking. Jason Newsted being a savage live presence. Lars being on point for what he did. Kirk not sucking off the wah pedal.
>>
When did you realize that Skinny Hetfield and Beefy Hetfield are completely different people? They don't look, act, or sound the same, or even write similar songs.

The real James Hetfield died decades ago.
>>
my dad offered to take me but I'd never been to a concert before and was too scared although I didnt tell him that. I think I just said something like nah thats ok even though I was a huge fan and thats why he offered. Although actually I think he just told me they were playing and I just said oh.
>>
Metallica Setlist of the concert at Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX, USA on February 5, 1989

then I went to my first concert a few months later which was a little more my speed

Love And Rockets - 1989-07-03 - Bronco Bowl, Dallas, TX, United States.

then I was also too scared to go to the first lollapalooza because Ice T was playing and I thought I'd get beat up by a bunch of black guys even though he was actually playing with Body Count as I recall.
>>
Gothenburg 1987 and Tushino Airfield 1991 are some close seconds for me
>>
>>69085946
all his talent went into his biceps
>>
Also Kurt Cobain was in the front row at that show.
>>
>>69086846
You pussied out of one of the greatest Metallica live performances that most of us would kill to go back in time to see...

Good job.
>>
>>69086900
He still plays with Body Count, saw him about two years back in Saratoga during a festival
>>
>>69087449
I mean, shit. LIS '89 is up there with The Who at Woodstock in the annals of rock-and-roll history.
>>
>>69087449
I know tell me about it

I was 11

and I still hadnt heard ride the lightning or even really knew about it I suppose because it was always sold out at the record stores so I just never saw it
>>
>>69087476
well it would've been in Dallas if that makes a difference. I'd been listening to them for about a year I think.
>>
>>69085901
>we will never again experience anything approaching the magnitude of the 1992 GNR/Metallica Stadium Tour
>>
>>69087501
Curious, at the time when you were a kid, was was your favorite album?

What is your favorite album now? Have you listened to the leaked Hardwired yet?
>>
At least Megadeth still put on decent shows and Dystopia wasn't a bad album either unlike that...thing Shitallica just came out with.
>>
>>69087523
Spit Out the Bone is pretty good...
>>
>>69087505
now I saw that one and faith no more opened dont forget. They were actually who we were most excited to see.

>>69087517
probably master of puppets or the cure kiss me kiss me

I dont have favorites anymore but my objective aoty 2016 is the astonishing

no just the first two singles when they came out
>>
>>69087476
Kiss in Rio De Janeiro, '83. That's definitely one of the great rock concerts ever.
>>
>>69087544
I have to listen to The Astonishing. I honestly don't know what my aoty is for 2016 yet, it has seemed like an underwhelming year...
>>
>>69087476
>>69087548
RHCP have some legendary gigs as well like Slane Castle '03.
>>
File: 20161115_090159.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_090159.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>>69087578
After that it's a total cluster fuck for me though and I doubt I'll come up with a list this year
>>
>>69085901

You have to admit that those San Diego gigs are fucking monstrous as well.

Things like that Seattle gig are precisely why you can still viably love Metallica despite decades of complete shit
>>
>>69088033
>are precisely why you can still viably love Metallica despite decades of complete shit
I legitimately enjoyed Load, Reload and liked parts of Death Magnetic. A band doesn't have to do one genre forever.
>>
File: 23r452562634.jpg (2KB, 138x138px) Image search: [Google]
23r452562634.jpg
2KB, 138x138px
>>69087548
>KISS
>Great at anything except marketing
>>
>not live in Moscow in front of 1 million people
>>
>>69088075

The first few KISS albums are totally legit albeit generic as fuck stadium rock
>>
>>69085901
I have been bringing this performance up on here for years and I think it's pretty much the best all around live metal performance, and one of the best live tapes, ever.
>>
File: FUCK.gif (2MB, 636x288px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.gif
2MB, 636x288px
>Be me
>Be 16
>Huge Sabbath fan
>"Maybe I should check out Metallica."
>Look up Metallica on primitive Youtube
>"For Whom the Bell Tolls, Live 1989"
>"Well this looks promising"
>Click
>Pic related
>>
>>69088826
Trapped Under Ice is such a great song on Ride the Lightning. One of the best fucking songs they ever did between 1982 to 1986 without a doubt.
>>
>>69088881
I don't know if its a coincidence although it probably is but thats the most guaranteed way of suicide while also committing insurance fraud by staging it as an accident

probably pretty painful though but maybe not
>>
>>69088926
What?
>>
>>69087523
Dystopia is totally standard and by the numbers, Hardwired is a natural evolution of their sound that does something new while paying tribute to their old sound
>>
>>69089038
>Hardwired is a natural evolution of their sound that does something new while paying tribute to their old sound
^THIS
The last great Megadeth Album was Endgame
>>
>>69088937
Trapped Under Ice

and Fade to Black is one of the more famous suicide songs

drowning is the most guaranteed method of suicide and falling through ice is an accident that's very difficult to prove as staged which would cancel any life insurance claim
>>
>>69088075
Kiss knows how to put some great shows
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.