[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you a poseur, /mu/? What artists from this list do you like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: 1473443741123.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1473443741123.png
260KB, 563x542px
Are you a poseur, /mu/? What artists from this list do you like?

Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Księżyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze, Kaoru Abe, the list goes on...
>>
all
>>
>>69075886
Too long; did not read.
>>
>>69075886
Only listen to Zappa.

Which is fine, I don't NEED to be patrician.
>>
>>69075886
>Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Księżyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze, Kaoru Abe

all bad
>>
>>69075886
>Jean Jacques Perrey,

Half of latin america cries when they listen to one of his songs.
>>
File: barely o's.png (236KB, 430x413px) Image search: [Google]
barely o's.png
236KB, 430x413px
whitehouse, some current 93, les rallizes denudes, scott walker, john cage, unwound, morton feldman, ornette coleman, alice coltrane, arnold schoenberg, barely any boulez, karlheinz stockhausen, raymond scott, daphne oram, keiji haino, ramleh, joe meek, phil spector, loren mazzacane connors, the red krayola, clouddead, some muslimgauze
>>
File: 1474601461885.png (799KB, 812x806px) Image search: [Google]
1474601461885.png
799KB, 812x806px
>there are people on /mu/ who deliberately avoid listening to any works by the artists on this list because they were afraid of being labeled as a poseur
Really fires up my neurons
>>
File: 1477246367847.jpg (24KB, 538x491px) Image search: [Google]
1477246367847.jpg
24KB, 538x491px
Yea I actually really enjoy alot of those bands
>>
>>69075886
>Unwound
>Henry Cow
>Schoenberg
That's it
>>
>>69075886

What the fuck do any of those have in common?
>>
>>69075967
It's pretty lame, yeah
Some are even proud of that too
They end up being what they hate so hard
>>
File: s.png (27KB, 152x165px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
27KB, 152x165px
Warning: If you listen to one of these artists a group of poseur-killing polymaths will stalk you until they find the right moment to end you.

It's already too late for me. I've seen glimpses of them around my neighborhood and house. I'm too terrified to leave my bedroom. I haven't eaten since wednesday. Please send hel
>>
Merzbow, Boredoms, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Gerogerigegege, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Unwound, Half Japanese, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Current 93, Pierre Boulez, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Sun City Girls, Comus, The Residents, Magma, Shizuka, Sun City Girls
>>
the list goes on
>>
>>69076067
they used to be essential /daily/core, now they don't really have anything in common

now you're supposed to listen to babby's first techno to appear /daily/ and cultured
>>
Current 93, Moondog, Henry Cowell, John Cage, Zappa, Beefheart, Sanders, Ayler, Coleman, Coltrane, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, John Zorn, that one Joe Meek song, Robbie Basho, Wesley Willis, the Residents
also some of the industrial ones but not much, and Muslimgauze because 0161 Manny on the map

pop-punk > mallgoth garabe
>>
>>69075886
Nara Leão and Zé Ramalho
>>
>>69075886
coil, dij, c93, moondog, scott walker, sanders, sun city girls, some 282, radigue, ksiezyc, and cromagnon
>>
i kind of stop listening to the artists on that lists, i still listen to Terry Riley, Morton Feldman and György Ligeti though
>>
File: emotion.png (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
emotion.png
33KB, 300x300px
Tell you guys something

NOTHING is more pretentious than listening to radio pop

>look guys I'm so unpretentious I can even listen to pop, I'm actually eclectic and not a try hard, I'm the real patrician here
>it's not that I'm lazy to look for music that interests me, it's just that I believe that doing that makes me a pretentious fuck, so I'll just settle with pop rap, then I'll listen to good, unpretentious music while making /mu/ try-hards mad! I do care about music and not image, I'm the patrician, others are the ones that care about how they are perceived, not me!
>>
>>69076285
Yeah 13 year old girls really give ~AntiWarhol a run for his money, the pretentious fucks
>>
>>69076256
What do you listen to now?
>>
>>69076329
kind of stopped listening to that much music to be honest, i think it's the increasing depression and lack of willpower to explore music.
right now my favourite artists would be Todd Rundgren, Tangerine Dream, EL&P, Philip Glass (music in twelve parts), bunch of acid rock too.
>>
>>69075886
I like what scott walker I've heard but otherwise I haven't listened to/am not a fan of the others

>>69076285
desu I mostly listen to pop
it's not that I'm trying to not be pretentious or anything, I just like pop
>>
>>69075886
Some coil, some DIJ, popol vuh, pharaoh sanders, coleman, alice coltrane, schoenberg, zorn, cromagnon, magma (literally the best band from my country), Murmuure
I love moondog and i liked one or two things by stockhausen and boulez

Never been in a /daily/
>>
cLOUDDEAD are fucking based. Wish they were discussed more around here
>>
>>69075886
Wow, I literally know zero artists from this list.
>>
>>69077621
Only true patrician ITT
>>
>La Monte Young, Moondog, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Ramleh, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Wesley Willis, The Residents, Sun Ra, Jandek, Henry Cow, Gong,
>>
File: 1a9a8b7ac49619c05da6b555bdedae03.jpg (146KB, 800x1129px) Image search: [Google]
1a9a8b7ac49619c05da6b555bdedae03.jpg
146KB, 800x1129px
>>69075886
>La Monte Young
>Luigi Russolo
>Taj-Mahal Travellers
>Peter Brötzmannn
>Morton Feldman
>Captain Beefheart
>Albert Ayler
>Ornette Coleman
>Alice Coltrane
>Arnold Schoenberg
>Pierre Boulez
>György Ligeti
>Karlheinz Stockhausen
>Raymond Scott
>David Tudor
>Otomo Yoshihide
>John Zorn
>Robbie Basho
>Fred Frith
>Sun Ra
>Royal Trux
>Dead C
>Eliane Radigue
>Red Krayola
>Henry Cow
>Kaoru Abe
Some of these are my favorite artists of all time.
>>69077652
Stop the bait.
>>
>No one is listening to Current 93
The fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
Why is Egor Letov and Nara Leao there? One is just a punk musician and one is just a really nice singer.

>>69077981

At least three people said that they like Current 93.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.