[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is just noise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

This is just noise
>>
You're just noise
>>
>>69073075
stfu
>>
File: Merzbow-pulsedemon.jpg (47KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Merzbow-pulsedemon.jpg
47KB, 350x350px
This is just noise
>>
Congrats OP, you're redpilled on most jazz now. It's shit.
>>
Change of the century is a better recording, but lonely woman gets me everytime
>>
>>69073068

p l e b
>>
>>69073068
So?
>>
all music is just noise
>>
>>69073068
>has untrained ear
>"noise"
Well no shit Sherlock
>>
File: IMG_4657.jpg (93KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4657.jpg
93KB, 600x600px
This is just... what the fuck is this? Who would listen to this
>>
>it's a "/mu/core drone tries listening to something that's actually experimental" and doesn't get it episode
>>
>This is just the the best noise
>>
File: Easy.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Easy.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>69073068
Try starting off with lighter stuff.
>>
this is the only worthwhile free jazz album because it's one of the first.

and the idea of free jazz is super interesting honestly. they did away with the idea of progressions and tonality totally. it's absolute freedom to improvise.

and if you keep listening you can hear motifs repeating and themes emerging.

it's just a different vocabulary. that said, free jazz after this album got pretty fucking dull pretty fucking quick
>>
>>69075814
Nah there is lots of good free jazz after that album.

It's just that most of the free jazz that's popular on this board or RYM is crap that mostly only appeals to rock and metal fans who can't into jazz unless its loud and aggressive
>>
>>69075876
>>69075876
>most of the free jazz that's popular on this board or RYM is crap that mostly only appeals to rock and metal fans who can't into jazz unless its loud and aggressive

can't argue with that. but what free jazz albums are really good other than this one?
>>
>>69075975
David Bailey worth looking into
>>
>>69076217
ill check him out
>>
>>69076217
tries to act all cool and above it all then doesn't even name a real musician
>>
>>69073068
Is that a joke?

That album is very accessible and melodic. You're just too much of a babby for any music that isn't pop.
>>
>>69073108
No I didn't
>>
>>69073068
well this has to be bait
>>
File: Jazz+meets+India.jpg (446KB, 1507x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Jazz+meets+India.jpg
446KB, 1507x1503px
>>69076642
To someone who's listened to free jazz before, yes, this album is most definitely melodic. And it's more avant-garde jazz than free jazz though. I think that the most melodic and acceptable free jazz album is Jazz Meets India: http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dewan-motihar-trio-irene-schweizer-trio-manfred-schoof-barney-wilen/jazz-meets-india/. And I think that's how free jazz should be executed. Repeated 30 seconds to 1 minute passages, rather than constantly overblowing the saxophone. Free jazz executed that way is probably not going to immediately alienate potential listeners.
>>
>>69077009
indeed. early Ornette is very much still based on bebop idioms - looking at the free jazz/impro that came later makes the departure from functional harmony feel very quaint in comparison
>>
>>69076339
yeah, a lot of free jazz is quite samey, a new melody is unique whereas free playing does have a sound to it...

check out Stewart Lee, on mastermind that might be a good place to start
>>
>>69077710
Morrissey has let himself go...
>>
>>69073900
this is actually pretty great, screams and everything
>>
>>69073900
Idk why, but I adore the drumming on this record.
>>
>>69078972
Milford Graves is bretty guud

he's like some force of nature, raining down storm and thunder on those drums

he's influenced a lot of free jazz drummers
>>
>>69073900
>mfw I was playing free jazz this whole time and I didn't even know
I must be a genius since my first composition was exactly like that, look:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T0kBLfeX634
>>
>>69079335
>posts the most melodic song on album

I'm sure there's a point to be made somewhere, but you're not making it, buddy.
>>
>>69077009
I don't think most people making free jazz are too worried about alienating listeners.
>>
>>69079382
Was the first one I listened to
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.