[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best track and y?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (120KB, 584x580px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 584x580px
What's the best track and y?
>>
>>69066448
I only said because its amazing
>>
>>69066448
Sometimes because of the feels and the healing, fuzzy d chord that opens the track.
>>
>>69066448
Loomer, because I listened to the album for months before realizing one day it didn't even have drums and that the rest of album literally doesn't need percussion (except maybe soon) and Loomer was the one track that got it right.
>>
>>69066448
When you sleep because it's the best
>>
>>69066448
What You Want, because it's awesome
>>
blown a wish because of that ooooooooooo
>>
>>69066448
I just listened to this for the first time yesterday and holy shit its so amazing.

Please tell me this is what the rest of shoegaze sounds like.

[spoiler]Don't ask why but I had some misconception this was a grunge album which was why I didn't bother listening to it for a while.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]This album must be fucking awesome on acid.[/spoiler]
>>
>>69066489
This
>>
to here knows when... its bliss.
>>
>>69066735
>Please tell me this is what the rest of shoegaze sounds like.
prepare for a lot of disappointment
>>
>>69066757
ah fuck

what else is like it?
>>
What You Want

>>69066735
welcome newfag
>>
>>69066448
"What You Want"

"Sometimes" as the runner up.

>>69066517
>>69066786
good posts
>>
>>69066489
Sometimes (ha ha) i believe it is the most beautiful song ever recorded
>>
the "oh" in the verse of When You Sleep is the most important syllable in popular music
>>
>>69066762
swirlies, maybe. black tambourine. fleeting joy- despondent transponder if you want an exact copy of loveless
>>
>""""people""" who say sometimes is the best track

Best is Soon.
>>
>>69066735
spoiler tags dont work on here, NOTHING sounds like my bloody valentine and romanticizing music on drugs is super lame
>>
>>69066762
In the Presence of Nothing is as close to a carbon copy as you will ever get
>>
>>69066751
This. All the songs on it are 9 or 10/10, but To Here Knows When stands above the rest to me.
>its bliss
I'll never forget listening to it in the morning on high volume with headphones. Truly an experience.
>>
>>69066762
LSD and the Search for God-s/t and The Brian Johnstown Massacre-Methodrone are probably the most similar sounding albums. If you want to capture the feels but with a dreamy sound, check out the other essential shoegaze band, Slowdive

I'd encourage you to explore Shoegaze, it's got a lot of boring shit to sort through but also some of the most powerful feeling music I've heard.

Favorites: The Verve-A Storm in Heaven before they were britpop/chamberpop wankers they were ecstasy fueled psychedelic rock gods.

Drop Nineteens-Delaware Shoegaze with very varied songwriting, not a perfect album it's high points are incredible.

Starflyer 59- Americana or Gold Grungy/rocky shoegaze, not as dense or complex but great for blasting in the car.

Loop-Heaven's End Not really Shoegaze but fucking awesome dissonant/beautiful psych rock.
>>
>>69066926
Oh and Fleeting Joy Despondant Transponder is also very similar to Loveless.
>>
Toss up between To Here Knows When and Loomer for reasons stated in >>69066751 and >>69066496

>>69066735
Listen to Ecstasy of St. Theresa
>>
>>69066735
>Please tell me this is what the rest of shoegaze sounds like
lol aw he doesn't know yet
>>
Sometimes when you're high is amazing
>>
>that beautiful vocal melody on What You Want
>that Bilinda "oooooh" at the end of each stanza
>that beautiful heavy-ass glide guitar

What You Want truly is the best
>>
>>69066496
Listen closely and you'll hear the bass drum.
>>
>>69066457
This is also Bayar's favorite.
>>
File: 1457322965759.jpg (23KB, 705x412px) Image search: [Google]
1457322965759.jpg
23KB, 705x412px
loomer
>>
>>69066448
To Here Knows When is the peak of shoegaze.
>>
i will never get tired of that wail on only shallow
>>
>>69068567
this, one of the best tracks ever, honestly.
>>
File: feel me.png (229KB, 760x900px) Image search: [Google]
feel me.png
229KB, 760x900px
I really like "Sometimes". Mostly because I can relate to it very much at the moment since I had a very complicated relationship with a girl I found myself liking a lot; she did not want me, so I quit all contact. I did lots of bad things, but I sometimes still wonder "...don't know how you could not love me now".

All of the album is very good. I think I'd say some other track from that album is the best would I be in a different situation.
>>
File: 1472671794302.jpg (160KB, 1355x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1472671794302.jpg
160KB, 1355x1079px
Is To Here Knows When the culmination of what Kevin Shields was trying to achieve with Loveless?
>>
The quest for good shoegaze is one of the most difficult of all time

I even hate half the recs in shugazi threads. That said superdrag was a good rec from an anon earlier but the vocals are pretty up-front and clear.
>>
I would say What You Want/I Only Said/When You Sleep but the sheer concept that Shields expressed with To Here Knows When is just irreplicable and (absolutely) unique. That wall of sound just forcibly crashing onto you, man...

>>69068942 I think so
>>
>>69066735
Other than the fact that you liked this album, every other opinion or facet of yourself revealed in this post makes you one of the biggest faggots I've ever heard of
>>
>>69066448
they all sound sorta the same tho
still i like this
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.